North Cyprus Tourist Board - Specific Performance Law (SPL) - UPDATE
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Specific Performance Law (SPL) - UPDATE

Specific Performance Law (SPL) - UPDATE

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

theoddmajor

Message Posted:
18/08/2008 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Marion Stokes will be the principal guest tonight on the ADA TV programme 'Living in Cyprus' discussing the SPL problem, which will be aired at 8pm for aprox 45 minutes. You can watch it online at http://www.adatv.tv/eng/default.asp#

You may need to download Adobe Flash Player to be able to view it. The website will be available in English within the next hour.

Brian.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
18/08/2008 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

This is the information:

VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ:

I have had a call from Cyprus Star regarding the TV programme and the petition to amend the SP Law. Marian Stokes is appearing tongight on their programme and I will appear next week. At the bottom of Marian's interview this week they will add a section about the petition and calling for more signatures before the petition is presented to the government next week. But currently there are only 846 names, which to put it bluntly, is a very poor show considering this affects thousands of buyers past and future. WE NEED AS MANY SIGNATURES AS POSSIBLE BY THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK IF WE ARE TO SHOW THE GOVERNMENT THAT THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR BUYERS!!!!!!! For the thousands of people without title deeds; please sign. For the few that do have title deeds; please sign to make the system better for everyone.

here is the link:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petitioncyprus/index.html

Whilst I believe that it is better that the law is repealed, this is the only way at the moment to show the precarious position of property buyers here. There is strength in numbers. Instead of moaning about the system, lets all come together to show our feelings.

Sibel

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
19/08/2008 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Excellent interview by Marian on AdaTV last night. It can be seen by clicking on this link http://adatv.tv/eng/ and clicking "dispatches." Please support those who are trying to bring postive changes for all buyers here and sign the petition to amend the specific performance law ASAP:

I have sent an email today to estate agents and lawyers calling for them to sign the petition. Tommorrow I will send it to the lawyers. I believe it is in their best interests to bring about contructive changes to protect buyers.

Sibel

scruff

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 00:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

My name is amongst others I know on the very first page of this petition when it was first organised. It has now reached 907 'names'.

I looked again tonight & of the seven most recent signatures, four are anonymous & one is just a first name. For goodness sake, what are people afraid of. They really should be ashamed of themselves IMO.

The petition would carry far more weight if it wasn't full of such anonymous entries.

It's a good job that Marian Stokes didn't decide to remain anonymous.

w26kay

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Please sign the Petition.

1) If you have problems with your build.

2) If you want to support people (neighbours, friends, and acquaintences) with problems on their build.

3) Because you want justice for all.

Please support Marian, Kibrisibel and Ismet in their efforts on everyone's behalf.

Thank you.

stevie-d

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 08:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Please sign. the Petition

stevie-d

McSteviet

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 08:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Also, don't sign on behalf of family i.e. MR & Mrs Smith & Kids, get each person to sign it, then the numbers may increase quicker.

Sible only has a couple of days left to get as many to sign as possible.

MC

Pipie

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

If the specific performance law is not changed to allow buyers to sue their developer for their title deeds you may never own the property you have paid for in good faith. It's in everyones best interests to sign it and it only takes 2 mins of your time.

McSteviet

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Keeping this at the top.

Sign the petition........

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

From Ismet:

Tonight's guest on Ada TV at 8 pm is Advocate Arif Tahir Erisen. His English is good and he has good knowledge on property matters. His office is in Famagusta and thus we often exchange views on the subject. It should be a very useful programme, worth watching.

ismet

PLEASE KEEP SIGNING. WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME TO COLLECT SIGNATURES!!!!

If anyone is having problems signing please email me and I will do it for you. My emai is sibellehodge@hotmail.com if you wish to remain annonymous please let me know

Sibel

Pipie

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

keep this at the top .

Please sign the petition.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks to all who have signed the petition so far, but PLEASE INFORM AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN to sign it. We can't miss this opportunity to show the government the problems that thousands of us are facing. The HBPG and everyone else working to help make constructive changes to protect buyer's safety REALLY NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT ON THIS.

Sibel

stevemac

Message Posted:
21/08/2008 03:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Come on you miserable lot. There's 2465 members of this board, plus all the people that just view. I've just signed the petition, my partner signed it a while back. I've just emailed family and friends to get them to sign it. All of you that have asked Ismet on these sites questions regarding your property, have you signed? All of those who have asked Homebuyers pressure group for help and advice, have you signed? All those who have looked at their website for information, have you signed? It's the least you can do. Are some of you assuming that you won't experience any problems because your honorable estate agent/lawyer/developer has told you so? Don't forget many of you won't suffer problems until the later stages.

How would you feel if Marian, HBPG, Ismet, Sibel etc were not there in two years time when you run into troubles because they can't be bothered any more through lack of support, just like the ones who haven't signed can't be bothered? Don't forget all the time they spend voluntarily sorting out your problems, answering your questions and trying to help you. SIGN THE PETITION! SUPPORT THEM! THERE'S A GOOD CHANCE ONE DAY YOU WILL NEED THEM.

Steve

McSteviet

Message Posted:
21/08/2008 08:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Well said Steve,

Come on everyone, sign the petition.

MC

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
21/08/2008 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks Steve and all the others who have signed so far or emailed me to put your names on. Please keep them coming. We still need more.

Sibel

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
21/08/2008 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

An interview last night with Arif Erisen, a lawyer in Famagusta, can bee seen on this link: http://adatv.tv/eng/ and click "dispatches" he is talking about the specific performance law.

Sibel

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.