North Cyprus Tourist Board - karsiyaka mosque - deafening noise
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > karsiyaka mosque - deafening noise

karsiyaka mosque - deafening noise

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

trooper

Message Posted:
06/10/2010 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I've lived in Alsancak previously and Karsiyaka for the last three years but suddenly the Hoca at the Karsiyaka mosque seems to have lost the plot. The volume of the amplified call to prayers has gone through the roof, even the very early morning one - traditionally very appropriately quiet given the early hour - is enough to wake the dead. Does anyone know what the reason is? Have we got some fundamentalist loon trying to bully the local TC's into attending the mosque.....not likely to succeed given that most of the locals only do births, marriages and deaths. I suspect in due course it will revert to the usual moderate level but I'd be interested to know if there is a 'reason' for it. I actually like the sound of the Hoca but this one is driving me nuts.

hawkeye

Message Posted:
07/10/2010 09:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

me too.......afraid to say i t gets more like Turkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I very rarely heard the 5 ish one but now, It almost feels like well I am awake then you lots will be too Sue

trooper

Message Posted:
07/10/2010 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Thanks Hawkeye - was beginning to think it was just me! Gone a bit quieter lately, late's hope it stays that way.

loulou

Message Posted:
07/10/2010 18:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

no its very loud i think it now transmitted from lefkosia because when its finished it sounds like some one ending a telephone call

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
07/10/2010 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

trooper/Msg 1: Suggest that you tell your Immam that, unless he turns down the volume, you'll phone up that Turkish general - you know, the one that orders mosques to be blown up, and has just openly admitted it!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.