North Cyprus Tourist Board - Secret stress of our kids
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Secret stress of our kids

Secret stress of our kids

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

aussiejock

Message Posted:
10/10/2010 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Concerning levels of stress and fear among the state's youngsters have been revealed by the most comprehensive study of children's wellbeing conducted in Western Australia

The Findings

35% have too much stress in their life

60% had been bullied

44% had bullied someone else

40% did not feel safe on public tranport during the day

79% at night

20% did not feel safe at home

42% felt scared in public places particulary those of primary school age, this fear stopped them playing outside

38% did not have anyone to talk to and preferred to keep problems to themselves

Family conflict , school, drug and alcohol abuse at home were identified as significant sources of stress.

such a shame that kids of today have missed out on all the great times we had as kids, we used to go out when we liked, come home when we felt hungry, and dinner was in the oven waiting for us, the only stress we had was trying to find enough kids to have a football game, whats wrong with this world

Robert

Brinsley

Message Posted:
10/10/2010 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

G'day, and no worries.

All Australians drink and smoke and drop their pants for all the blokes but after all they're not to blame, all their wives do the same!

Richard

HildySmith

Message Posted:
10/10/2010 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Parents today are too frightened to let their kids out to play. What they do not realise is that children need this to become streetwise. Also they need to mix with other children to learn social skills. I took my Grandsons to school last year iin the UK (they are used to playing our) and was surprised to that the children did not know any 'street games' or do any type of game in the yard. So I got my Grandsons to do 'Lampoil' (that shows you how old the game is) All the children lined up at one lampost (in school it was a blue pencil yard divider. One child is in the middle and all the others have to get past and reach the other lampost/pencil. If the child in the middle touches one of the others as they pass they must then remain in the middle and the game continues until one child is trying to run past all the others in the middle. They boys loved it and lots of others in the school yard joined in. They just do not know the games. I asked if they knew tiggy on high - no

oceana

Message Posted:
10/10/2010 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I'm afraid as time goes by and technology takes over, we see that children are lacking what others used to value in the past. e:g rather than having strong bonds with family and friends, get togethers, playing outside like msg 3 has said, they now seem to be more into internet games, internet, tv, mobile phones.... Technology is the main reason for change i'm guessing.

People are changing, the world is becoming more unsafe... I can imagine how the next generation will be. It will just become worse in time.

Ozangirl

Message Posted:
10/10/2010 19:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

This may be true in England, but I have lived in Cyprus for the past 6 years and have 2 boys aged 8 and 3 and they have so much freedom here, they run around outside where we live, when we go out to restaurants they come with us and quite often disappear and we don't have to worry. Obviously if we lived in the UK we would be a lot more vigilant! But my boys do not spend all their time on the internet, mobiles, games I make them go outside and play.

aussiejock

Message Posted:
11/10/2010 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Re msg 5

this is the way it should be, but this comprehensive study was taken in Perth Western Australia, and I believe Britain would be worse than Australia, Turkey is the same as TRNC you can go out at any time and not even think about danger, but there seem's to be a lot of sick people around our developed country's.

Re msg 2

Brinsley so true, how do you know so much,

Robert

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.