North Cyprus Tourist Board - Mulla Bağdaş Caddesi, Alsancak - where ıs our tarmac?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Mulla Bağdaş Caddesi, Alsancak - where ıs our tarmac?

Mulla Bağdaş Caddesi, Alsancak - where ıs our tarmac?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

treemancyprus

Message Posted:
11/10/2010 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Had a visit from the Engineer from Alsancak beladiye this morning regarding a collapsed manhole at the end of my driveway (caused by the rubbish wagon running over it). After sorting this out, I asked when the road would be tarmacced (asphalted ?). The answer was 'if all the residents pay half the cost, the belediye will pay the other half, and it can be done in about one week'. If the residents don't pay half, it will be done when the belediye get around to it (i.e. probably never). With the belediye having spent time and money scraping and levelling the road and putting a layer of dusty crushed rock on it, it seems a waste of money if they don't finish the job, because as we all know, if and when we start getting some seriously heavy rain, the dusty crushed rock will simply wash away (probably down all our driveways). Just though any other residents on this road would like to hear the latest !!

deputydawg

Message Posted:
11/10/2010 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Thanks for the update. We live 300 metres further on and have to carry our bin that 300 metres as the Lorry driver will not travel any further. When your manhole was crushed so too was our bin. Why not replace it ? It was the 3rd bin to be crushed and new ones are immediately stolen. Why do I think it is done deliberately ! ? With regard to the tarmac I think you will get varying answers from Mayor, Chief Engineer, office staff etc. I was told that the necessity for tarmac was nothing to do with the convenience to residents but whether or not the binmen, having parked their Mercedes at work, and left their air conditioned offices, to do the rounds, were going to have a trouble free journey and no bumpy ride ! Hang in there, I am a cynic

mamachina

Message Posted:
11/10/2010 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

I think we live further down your road -what about the huge hole that is appearing near the ravine turn - when it rains that corner is going to be a death trap! (Excuse me if I am wrong about road!) When they scraped and cleared stuff to the sides, they then blocked some of the tracks (roads?) coming into it, which made it worse. To get to ours we had to drive up a small "cliff" - we are wearing it down, but it hasnt done some of the cars visiting people on out bit, much good!! (we've a tank!) Tarmac????? Lets hope there are some TC's who live along there who will complain and then something may be done. When we spoke to Dr A sometime ago about roads, we got the same answer - half and half!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.