North Cyprus Tourist Board - Efes blues festival and Bez
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Efes blues festival and Bez

Efes blues festival and Bez

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See Up and Comings Events in TRNC on North Cyprus Events Calendar

stilluvithere

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Just been to the Efes Blues Festival, it was a good night but Bex on Saturday was far better in my opinion.

It was packed and the bass and drum amplification was far too much, Is that a sign of getting old, I hope not.

branwell

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 00:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

.....it's usually good sign when it's packed....I think it probably is a sign of Ex-Pat ageing ....were there too many locals there for you?

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 07:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

I agree Branwell

The Kenny Neal band were superb and I defy anyone to play guitar/slide guitar and harmonica the way he does. In fact the whole family are talented.

John you were obviously sitting/standing in the wrong place.

AJ

oldshep

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 07:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

loved sam james came on first and kenny neal was also fab great setting lucky us !

thank you efes

itfc1978

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Samuel James and Kenny Neal were terrific, great Blues sang and played with passion.

As for mitch woods, in his tastless hawaiian shirt and packback, unsure what country he was in, playing something that had no relation to the Blues whatsover, desperatly trying to flog his crap cd, I think you are missing the point mate.

To be fair once he retired to the wings and the Black Bass player took over the band did OK

Lots more young locals then ex-pats, made for a brillant and lively atmosphere.

A super night and great value

daffodils

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Kenny Neal was fantastic!!!! Mitch Woods wasn't that bad but there was no comparison really, Kenny Neal is outstanding

Great Venue (although drinks were a bit steep)

The atmosphere was really good, just everybody enjoying themselves, it was well supported and deserved the support it got

Can't wait for next summer and the value for money was incredible

Thank you Efes

cyprusjoker

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 09:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Some people are just never happy, i thought it was a brilliant night, for me it was definetly The Kenny Neal Band, the Bass playing was magnificent and way over shadowed the not too much lead guitar this year. I thought Tony Jones was excellent and young Tyree Neal on his uncles tele upside down! Just amazing. What about Cornell Williams bass and vocal abilities, pure class. This is the best event of the year in Nortrh Cyprus and cant wait for next years, Oh and 5tl for an efes, well done Jasmin and see you next year.

stilluvithere

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

I didn't say I didn't enjoy, I thought the show was great, I just felt uncomfortable with the bass thumping at my chest. How did Tyree Neal play that guitar, even Jimmy Hendrix had a right hand guitar strung left handed but play he did, amazing

ImnEr

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Fantastic night- not a backing track in sight , which makes a change from the usual!!!! Fabulous value for money. Enjoyed every set played.Just one down side, especially if you are a lady, the toilets. By early evening they were awash and stayed that way- two loos, I rest my case. Come on Jasmine Court get the loos sorted or allow concert goers to use the hotel toilets. Apart from that a great evenings entertainment can't wait for next year.

branwell

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

re Msg 5

Mitch Wood plays 40s-50s Jump-Jive/ Boogie/ Swing in the genre superbly epitomised by Louis Jordan (Well done the lady who asked for 'Saturday Night Fish Fry') ...Louis was a hero/role model to many black musicians ..BB King being the prime example....anyone who says that style is nothing to do with the blues simply knows nothing of the story of the blues ...taste is one thing, facts are another.

cyprusjoker

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Well said Bramwell

jeffsangrace

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Couldnt agree more Branwell and also to your comments cyprusjoker - what a fantastic night easily by far the best show i've seen in N Cyprus and all the acts were superb and great planning to put these three different styles of Blues into the one show. Well done to everyone who was involved in putting this together.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.