North Cyprus Tourist Board - Thanks to all parents of Sunny Lane / British Academy pupils
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Thanks to all parents of Sunny Lane / British Academy pupils

Thanks to all parents of Sunny Lane / British Academy pupils

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Schools Posts

MissCarol

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

I would like to say thank you to all the parents of the pupils I have taught at Sunny Lane School / British Academy over the previous 7 years for their support and assistance.

It has been a pleasure to teach your children and I shall miss them all very much but I have found that, in recent years, the regime at the school has become such that I felt that I was unable to continue in the profession that I have loved for the last 20 years.

I shall remember all your children fondly and would like to wish them all every success for the future.

Miss Carol

Panchocat

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

I can relate to that myself Carol. I felt the same about UK teaching, seems like the cancer is spreading. Just remember all the reasons you went in to teaching in the first place, I do. In those days it was the children who mattered and not the endless paper work, targets and ambitions of the modern breed of managers who call themselves teachers.

I am sure the children and parents will be for ever grateful to you.

robinhood

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

why did you leave Miss carol was it because of the contract that staff are being bullied into signing to keep their jobs, as was mentioned on another post?

teresase

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Good luck Miss carol

all the best xx

Brighteyes

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Carol,

May I say it was a pleasure to work with you Carol, you was always there to help and assist others.

I speak on behalf of myself and many others, children and parents alike, you will be sadly missed at B.A.N.C.

I wish you all the best for the future.

Best regards,

Nicky.

Scoty

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

robinhood - can't you just let the lady leave in a dignified manner.

Appears she was a good one at the school(s).

Her reasons are obviously her own

teresase

Message Posted:
12/10/2010 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
13/10/2010 09:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Brighteyes/Msg: 'you was always there to ...'

WAS - don't you mean 'were'?

No wonder the literacy standard of UK children is so appalling when they are subjected to learn from 'teachers' who are incapable of expressing themselves in correct grammatical terms.

I make NO apology for the above criticism!

elko2

Message Posted:
13/10/2010 09:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

msg. 8

Tenakoutou,

I do always enjoy your "sharp tongue" even when directed at me but I do not agree with your above message. Not everyone is good at writing and it does not help if you criticize them, does it? We want people to express their views openly here without fear of ridicule. Please criticize people for the actions they can better but not for something they cannot do anything about. We are not all equal and we all have different talents in different directions. You and me may be good at writing, others may be good at other things. It is not for us to belittle their efforts.

ismet

robinhood

Message Posted:
13/10/2010 11:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

scoty

I can ask a question that is what this forum is about, if miss Carol does not to say why she left, then that is up to her.

I didnt say anything out of order in my post?

Miss Carol herself said:

but I have found that, in recent years, the regime at the school has become such that I felt that I was unable to continue in the profession that I have loved for the last 20 years

So something bad must have happened for her to leave and make that statement, which is why I asked why she left

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
13/10/2010 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

elko2/msg 9:

My 'sharp tongue' has only ever been directed at you when you appear (to me) to 'run with the fox and hunt wıth the hounds' as regards the TRNC legal system. Otherwise, I find all your posts most interesting and informatıve and am, indeed, most grateful for the profusion of useful information that you so regularly and willingly impart!

I'm sure 'Brıghteyes' is a very pleasant and personable lady; however, having made the observation that I dıd, I still feel such criticısm is entirely justifıed. After all, she is a schoolteacher, isn't she?

elko2

Message Posted:
13/10/2010 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

msg. 11

Tenakotou,

Thanks for the compliments but I had another look at the relevant message and it does not say that she is a teacher, otherwise I will agree with you. I think the critical sentence here is this: "May I say it was a pleasure to work with you Carol". I took it to mean that she worked with Carol in the capacity of a parent and not necessarrily as a fellow teacher. Maybe you know something that I don't.

ismet

MissCarol

Message Posted:
13/10/2010 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Thanks Nicky

I forgot to say a big thankyou to all the teachers at B.A.N.C.

It was fun to work with you all and I will miss you as the camaraderie at the school was great.

Carol

teresase

Message Posted:
13/10/2010 16:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

the best teacher ever, sad to see u going....

wish u all the best , thank you for teaching melis n yelis

proger1

Message Posted:
13/10/2010 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Ten, I think you are falling into the assumption trap. All Brighteyes said was that she enjoyed working with MissCarol, does that mean in your eyes that any one who works in a school must be a teacher.

As for people asking why she is leaving, she all ready said and I would imagine that it is all she wishes to say except for the thank you that it started off as, why you seem to feel the need to turn it into an anti establishment post is beyond me.

As Scoty stated, let the lady leave in a respectful way that she is obviously trying to do, no need to turn it into anything more than that.

Sorry to hear you are leaving Carol, may you have the best future ahead.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
13/10/2010 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

proger1/msg 15:

You've just repeated 'elko2's' criticism - please try not to be so superfluous!

Surely, the correct conjugation of the simplest of verbs should be a number one priority for any native speaker of his/her own language - teacher, or not?

As my mother used to say: 'You can usually judge the character by the shoes!'

Obviously, I've 'stuck my nose in where it's not wanted' - please allow me to bow out with a flourish!

proger1

Message Posted:
13/10/2010 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Ten, I didn't repeat, I confirmed but it is no skin off my nose, toes or shoes.

I was just pointing out what I felt you had made an error on, sorry if the correction went deeper than intended.

I consider the bow out to be extremely flourishing and will now go and find out what superfluous means

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.