North Cyprus Tourist Board - free satelite box from uk not receiving channels
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > free satelite box from uk not receiving channels

free satelite box from uk not receiving channels

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

orangepip

Message Posted:
14/10/2010 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

we have a free sat box and I am trying to install channels from a digiturk satelite dish but to no avail. Does anybody know what we need to do to be able to get a signal. we were told it would be okay in cyprus. Has anybody have this system here in north cyprus.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/10/2010 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Hi orangepip

not QUITE sure what you're trying to do - either way you'll hit a brick wall :(

1/ Watch UK TV with a small dish - even if you aim the D/Tuk dish at the Astra satellites at 28.2 degrees East - you'll NEVER get a signal.. most BBC / ITV need at least 1.8m, and normally 4.2 m :(

2/ Watch Digiturk on the freesat receiver on a d/Turk dish pointing at D/ Turks satellite(s) .. The freesat is setup to receive UK stuff from 28.2 degrees east.. and most D/Turk settings are differnt and require a subscription card to view scrambled tv signals..

As you are a new member you can't see my profile email address, but I'd stop right now.. and contact Iceman (0533 8610329 ) and ask for help !

It seems to me that you were told a lot of cr*p - sorry.. :(

nikgibson

Message Posted:
14/10/2010 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

You can use a freesat receiver to pick up satellite TV in the TRNC. Nilesat has the most English TV channels. The current dish and LNB you have are fine, you will need to retrain your dish at the Nilesat satellite, to do so you will need a compass and ideally a satellite meter. You can get the details of where the satellite is from http://www.dishpointer.com. Find your building on the GOOGLE map and it will give you the direction, angle and LNB skew. I did this a couple of weeks ago and had no problems. There about 25 English channels. These are the settings I used from central Girne:

Latitude: 35.3316°

Longitude: 33.3291°

Name: 7W ATLANTIC BIRD 4A | NILESAT 101 | NILESAT 102

Distance: 38525km

Elevation:  31.0°

Azimuth (true):  235.7°

Azimuth (magn.):  231.4°

LNB Skew [?]:  42.4° 

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/10/2010 15:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

re msg 3

nikgibson

YES.. the d/turk dish would work if pointed to Nilesat - but they are often 50cm 60cm ( MUCH smaller than the minimum necessary - and when it rains / high trophosheric skip / sand storms - you'll lose the signal - I recommend a minimum of 1m to stop this loss

The Freesat box is programmed to receive Astra2 / Eurobird and with some models it might not even be possible to tune the sat receiver - many Freesat boxes are supplied with firmware that is fixed to the UK supplying satellites.

As 'orangepip' is clearly asking for an expert opinion, then she needs someone to visit and advise - having SEEN her receiver and dish..

Orangepip:

Sorry about being techie .. Nick is advising that your receiver might receive some Eng lang channels from the middle east - but you'd need to get someone to move your dish - if suitable - and check if your receiver CAN re retuned..

Call the expert..Iceman..

orangepip

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

thanks nikgibson for information. can you recommend an engineer who can set up the dish for nilesat satelite,

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.