North Cyprus Tourist Board - NTL v Sterling v Travellers Cheques Plus Alsancak Hut Location
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > NTL v Sterling v Travellers Cheques Plus Alsancak Hut Location

NTL v Sterling v Travellers Cheques Plus Alsancak Hut Location

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Trulymadly

Message Posted:
15/10/2010 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hi everyone,

I'm coming over from the UK in 10 days time. Staying in Alsancak. Last time I was over I came on a package holiday and brought NTL with me ~ no problem. This time we're travelling independently. Airport transfers, accomodation and car hire have all be quoted in sterling. Is it best to bring a mix of NTL and Sterling with me? Travellers cheques don't get much of a mention on here. Problematic changing them etc?

I've also read references to The Hut in Alsacak but got the impression it might have moved (not that I knew where it was in the first place!) Could someone let me know where it is? Alternative currency exhange places near Park Lan/Riverside?

All thoughts much appreciated, oh and some sun too!

Many thanks, Truly Madly

sunrise

Message Posted:
15/10/2010 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

They take more or less any currency here! I'd say stick with the sterling, you get a better rate of exchange over here than you would in UK. Don't know about travellers cheques

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
15/10/2010 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

the hut for money change in alsancak is on the main road ..(girne to lapta)...from golden statue approx 1/2 mile on your left you will see a small car park and car wash ,approx 4 shops(dvd ,cafe britain ,money exchange ) . its opposite the green valley petrol station

for me i only ever bring sterling ,then change what amounts i require at the hut .

you will get a better rate than uk .

if in girne and wanting to change their are several ,i use the guy opposite the dome hotel who allways appears to have good rates .

go and enjoy your break

kav

Trulymadly

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 01:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Thanx Sunrise and Kavenkoy ~ really appreciate your comments

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.