North Cyprus Tourist Board - double glazed windows
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > double glazed windows

double glazed windows

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

ilksen

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 07:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

hi, can anyone personally recommend a company to put double glazing windows in, we are planning on replacing ours soon but dont know who to trust.

Groucho

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 07:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Ours came with double glazed windows but one of them kept cracking with an alarming bang due to heat differential inside and out... However we had it replaced under our house insurance by the double glazing company situated next to the Karaoğlanoğlu Lemar (on the RHS), they were very good.

Remember to make sure your new windows are covered by your house insurance.... Tell them and ask them to cover your new glass... i.e. don't give them an excuse to say 'well you changed the specification and value of the windows without telling us - so they are not covered'. Just in case...

wanderer

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 08:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Proline

I had a misty dg unit they came and replaced it they did not install it but thought they had and were going to replace it free of charge under warranty until I pointed out it was not their installation

Is that a first for TRNC after care

Groucho

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Wanderer, where are Proline?

Washerman

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 08:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

If you are having problems with double glazed units, the most common causes are faulty seal around the edge (more prone in hot melt units), incorrect amount of Silca gel in the spacer, incorrect amount of clearance between glass and frame (uPVC frame expands and contracts in the heat of the sun and can stress the unit), unit not standing on plastic packers (stands in water in the winter if the window is incorrectly drained or, the drain holes are blocked)

To get all these things right, someone has to pay attention to detail! Where do you go? Do it yourself!

wanderer

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 08:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/show-member.asp?member=proline

ataturk

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

I cannot recommend proline highly enough. They recently replaced all my windows in my villa and what a fantastic job they done. The price was the cheapest out of 5 quotes and I had some issues with the finishing but nothing was too much trouble. The quality of the windows was excellent if you want to come round and see you are welcome.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.