North Cyprus Tourist Board - Great Place for overnight stay in Karpaz
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Great Place for overnight stay in Karpaz

Great Place for overnight stay in Karpaz

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mrsgee

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Have just come back from an overnight stay in Balci Plaza, Yeni Erenkoy. Can fully recommend it to anyone wanting to make the most of touring the Karpaz. It consists of one and 2 bedroomed apartments, very clean and spacious, with kitchen and cooking faciliities and fabulous sea views. Very quiet and peaceful, with a lovely sandy beach. Restaurant offering excellent food. Our host was a lovely man - Hasan - who really made us feel welcome. It was made even better by a young man playing the Saz (wonderful, soothing sound) accompanied by Hasan on the drum (can't remember the proper name for it)...whilst we ate our Dinner. Have stayed in a few places up there in the past, but this one has to be my favourite overall. And, excellent value for money. Definitely going again.

bazilbrush

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

It is a nice place and now they have air con it is even more comfortable. We stayed there in August before they had air con and it was roasting a you can imagine. The food was excellent and Hasan a real host. My only gripe were the rocks whilst getting into the sea, they were very dangerous although the beach was lovely. We will definitely return next summer.

ajaney

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

We stayed there for a couple of nights last week. Really loved it there and agree with all above comments will definitely go back. Re the rocks Hasan will tell you how to avoid them, there is a sandy gap between the rocks taking to to sandy and slightly deeper water

jock1

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

How much did it cost to stay overnight..?

PaulW

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

No doubt another member will be on soon asking "Directions please !!!!"

mrsgee

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

We paid 110 euros I think, it was for a 2 bedroomed apartment, so slept 4 of us and included a full english breakfast with toast and Jam. The whole thing, accommodation, evening meal and drinks, and breakfast cost us around £45 each, which I think is a bargain.

Directions are.......from Yeni Erenkoy follow the signs for Balci Plaza, about 9 Kilometres, past Teresa's Hotel, then past the new harbour which is under construction, a little further on turn left towards the sea down an avenue of trees...can't miss it really - it's well signposted from Yeni Erenkoy.

roblyn

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

This place sounds really lovely.

.Looking forward to visiting Karpas but would need accomodation that would accept my dog.

Now that it's cooler for her we can begin to explore the island.

Does anyone know of dog friendly accomodation in or arround the Karpaz area please?

dublinderm

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

We stayed there during the last week of September and we would highly recommend it.

Good standard accomodation (brand new aircon) and a pleasant restaurant. You may want to check out DEKS place for somewhere different to go for food, but I cannot fault Balci.

it is very easy to find, just past Yeni Erenkoy and before you get to the road works.

120YTL for bed and breakfast for two.

We will be going again.

DD

SourBrandy

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 20:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Can only agree with comments re Balci Plaza. Hasan is a delightful host and the restaurant is excellent. I love the fact the we can take our dogs and walk out of the rooms onto the headland and beach and nobody bothers you. We spent last Christmas there and had difficulty getting out of our seats due to the stunning amount of food that Hasan and his staff cooked. Just a magical time. I would love to say it was an awful place just so no-one would go there and we could keep it for ourselves, but I can't 'cos Hasan is such a delight and the place is such magic. To anyone who goes there - enjoy.

Maz

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Just for the record, Hasan is the owner and, surprise, surprise, his surname is Balci (whichmeans 'bee') . So as the sign says on entrance 'Welcome to my world' and it is a world that Hasan has built for himself to be shared . He is great company and charms his guests into feeling comfortable, wanted and giving them the feeling of 'Imust go back.'

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

I agree with all posts above - a fine place!

This is what you see from the road: http://www.allcrusades.com/BB_pics/Balci_Plaza_72.jpg

This is (owner) Hasan Balcı's business card with all the info you need to make a reservation

http://www.allcrusades.com/BB_pics/08111_balci_plaza_business_card.jpg

And this is a panoramic teaser in case you're not convinced yet...

http://www.allcrusades.com/BB_pics/natural_bay_balci_hotel_3.jpg

Enjoy your stay there - you won't be sorry!

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

... and to complete the info on Balcı Plaza Hotel in Yeni Erenköy: here's a map with the route from Girne (Kyrenia). I made this map for a past charity event, but it may still serve you, I hope.

http://www.allcrusades.com/BB_pics/Charity_Route_1.6.6_final-72.jpg

roblyn

Message Posted:
17/10/2010 11:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Thanks to all for the info.Especially you Hans for the extras

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.