North Cyprus Tourist Board - Medical-Useful tips for arthritic sufferers
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Medical-Useful tips for arthritic sufferers

Medical-Useful tips for arthritic sufferers

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

crofter

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

I was diagnosed with R.A. in the base of mu neck and spine in May 2008 and I was taking the recommended daily dose of Ibroprufen. In August 2008 I read the Margaret Hills book and commenced taking 'The Nutritional Formula' available from the Margaret Hill Clinic. Along with changes to my diet and regular exercise I no longer have R.A. and I do not take any medication.I have been able to slowly reintroduce the eliminated foods/drinks to my diet.

Here is how I did it!

You must make changes to your diet – start taking cider vinegar (1Dspn 3 times a day in hot water with 1Tspn of honey) + 1Tspn of Molasses 3 times a day. Take a full range of the best quality vitamins and proteins each day, the Formula mentioned above gives you everything you need. These will replace the body with nutrition that has become depleted. This helps the burning up of ‘bad acids’ that invade the body and cause havoc with the joints.

Continued below

crofter

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

Continued from above

To the arthritic an acid free diet is of the utmost importance

Eat less salt, cut down on the intake of tea (Herbal teas are ok). Eliminate citrus fruits, jams, marmalades, alcohol, fried foods, white sugar, white bread, cream cakes, biscuits, bottled fruits in syrup, pickles, tomatoes, old meats (pork, beef, ham, bacon, corned beef, sausages, pates). All these are full of acid.

Cut out animal fats like butter, cheeses, milk and cream.

Do Eat – wholemeal bread/cereals, no more than 3or 4 eggs per week, fresh white fish, cottage cheese, chicken, turkey, lambs liver, fresh vegetables, fresh fruit (peaches, apples, bananas, pears, apricots, melons)

Excercise 3 times every week – walking 30 minutes x 3, power plate 15 minutes x 3 or swimming

Recommended reading – Treating Arthritis the Drug Free Way by Margaret Hills, SRN.

Hope all the above helps somebody.

helper

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

Very happy that you have found a natural remedy for your condition. It is very true that 'we are what we eat. Good on you for publishing this and hopefully it will help many to ease a very painful condition.

On NaturalNews.com there is an article which tables the ph of foods, which may be helpful to you and maybe others.

The pH Nutrition Guide to Acid / Alkaline Balance

A NaturalNews Special Report by Jack Challem

Also available is a dvd called FOODMATTERS, Charlotte Gerson

Food Matters discusses the importance of Nutrition & Natural Therapies for helping with chronic illness. The film shows which foods and therapies are ideal for optimal health and have been proven to fight Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Depression and many more Chronic Illnesses and everyday conditions.

I have seen this dvd on sale on ebay.co.uk . cost £15.99

Good luck wish you well.

crofter

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

R.A. attacks the Immune system so by taking ZINC on a daily basis this is beneficial as it boosts the Immune system.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

Crofter,

Don you still have the book and if so would you mind if I borrowed it as it sounds interesting reading and obviously worked for you.

Chris

crofter

Message Posted:
16/10/2010 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

Chris - I have emailed you.

Sheila

ricky

Message Posted:
17/10/2010 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

Sheila,

Please, can you explain me what is "molasse"?

In trnc I've less pain than in europe. Tx

swyflot

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 07:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

molasses is black treacle

clews

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 09:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

It didn't work for me and I followed the diet for several months, it was hard to do and the pain and discomfort I felt never got any less. Having been treated by the fantastic Doctors at Cyprus Life I have now been pain free for two years and enjoying life once again.

My congrats to anyone who manages to drink that awful stuff on a long term basis . . .

davedee

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

Come on then Carol tell us what the treatment was !!

Dave.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

I find a daily dose of gin and a gallon of beer works wonders for my chronic osteoarthritis!

Richard

hawkeye

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

Its not correct to put Rheumatoid Arthritis and Arthritis in the same category........ Both are very different from each other. I have R a and for me luckily I was caught in a very small time span so mine was controlled from the very begining and the drugs I got worked immediately too...... Unlike my friend hers went undiagnosed for about 5 years and she has been on many different drugs and is still not controlled that is pain free. Sue

BoTanica

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 13:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

I too have RA and thought some of my "flare ups" were due to red meat. I was disapointed to find that my lack of pain when not eating red meat was unfortunately just coincidence. Thats why I would not come off my drugs in exchange for change of diet, but do accept that certain changes are beneficial.

phylray

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

You are right hawkeye. Rheumatoid Arthritis and Arthritis are not same category. My only daughter was diagnosed with R.A. last Oct. and started treatment soon. She is a Dr. in research science working in a hospital, and understands the condition. It doesn't just affect one part of the body but travels around,and you never know when it will get bad. No known cure, but don't give up hope. She tells me about a woman who was treated for breast cancer and the drug actually did seem to cure her R.A. Bit drastic, but it's being investigated. Early diagnosis very important. Changing medication too, when it seems to wear off.

crofter

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

Clews....the awful drink that you refer to....is this the Margaret Hills formula or the Molasses. If the latter I agree with you and I did not take it after first asking the clinic if I could disregard.

Although I did feel much better once I made changes to the food/drink I was consuming it was not until February this year [after almost 2 years of symptons] when I felt completely better This was because I increased my exercise regime from just swimming to swimming and Power Plate. The latter has transformed my life and I shall continue with this form of exercise indefinately. R.A. hates exercise so if little or no exercise is done R.A. will thrive.

If anyone is interested in the Power Plate exercise there is plenty of information on the internet by Googling 'Power Plate'. I do 3 sessions per week locally.

clews

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

Yes the drink I refer to is that which is proposed by Margaret Hill in her book. I have RA in my knees and hips and thoughout the time taking this drink and making changes to my diet, my mobility and pain continued, I was in fact very dissappointed when it did not seem to do any good at all and had no choice but to seek alternative help.

When I have spoken to my RA doctors both here and in the UK they told me they couldn't see how it could possibly be effective as RA is an autoimmune disease which is caused by the body's own immune system going wrong, not a build up of acid as suggested by Margaret Hill. My daughter is also a nurse on a medical ward in Aberdeen where they treat RA and at no time are patients given or recommened this drink. The remedy for me was conventional drugs and apart from the inconvenience of taking drugs every day and an annual visit to the RA clinic I am very well. Perhaps others have had results with MH's method but its not for everyone.

BoTanica

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

Mess 14 philray:

Is that methotrexate by any chance? Thats what I am on (weekly dose). Plus of course numerous others on a daily basis!

hawkeye

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

When I was diagnosed the Rheumatoligist told me that I should do everything, apart from soaking in a bath when in pain (we had just put a spa bath in our place) as this was not benificial. I have never had a bath since.

He also told me that he ran every day and on the occasional days that he was in pain he walked.

I also avoid citrus and other acidic stuff. When I swim I change straight after and dod not sit around in wet stuff.

I take plaquenil - an anti malaria drug!!!! and Mebravane...............

Recently I read an article in the Mail on Line - saying that if caught in the 3 month window R A could be successfully treated and progress halted. I think this happened to me, I came home from work and could not even turn the ignition key of for the car, my hands we fixed in a position of the holding of the steering wheel. I woken up that morning in pain in my wrists - it progressed very quickly and by 8.30 that night was getting an injection for killing the pain. contd..............

hawkeye

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

Contd...... then I got an emergency appointment to see this Rheumatologist "who was doind a research paper". I regularily went to see him for 2 years , and have not been near him since....that is about 14 years ago.....Sue.

crofter

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

The formula drink recommended by Margaret Hills is not designed to 'cure' R.A. The purpose of the drink is to replenish the body with the nutrients that are lost [protein, vitamins, calcium etc] because the foods that are hign in these nutrients cannot be eaten/drunk.

As I said in msg 15 it was and is exercise that is the key. By doing something that the auto-immune illness does not like alleviates the pain and discomfort in the joints.

30 minutes swimming everyday and 15 minutes Power Plate exercise 3 times a week or walking 3 miles a week on a treadmill if preferred is most definately beneficial.

Did you combine exercise with the MH programme Carole?

phylray

Message Posted:
18/10/2010 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

Message 17 Not sure, it sounds familiar, I will ask her when I see her tomorrow. Her 2nd medication was

an anti-malaria drug, as someone above mentioned. She was advised not to do any other exercise but walking and swimming (I take her every week) and she was always very active up to start last summer.

I took her apple puree for crumble, and she is a brilliant cook, but had to make the crumble as she can't rub the fat into the flour/oats.

clews

Message Posted:
19/10/2010 08:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

As I mentioned above, I am well thank you, and I love swimming and dancing . . .

BoTanica

Message Posted:
19/10/2010 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

Phylray I am also on the anti malaria drug, and really do feel for your daughter. My sister got me an electric can opener earlier this year as I cant open cans when I have a flare up. I wish her well.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.