North Cyprus Tourist Board - Getting around North Cyprus by Dolmus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Getting around North Cyprus by Dolmus

Getting around North Cyprus by Dolmus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

aussiejock

Message Posted:
19/10/2010 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

can anyone give me information on how to get around North Cyprus, can you get a dolmus to most parts, can you get to Lapta from Kyrenia to Alsankak, or ballapais, can you travel to all areas using a dolmus, this would be of help as I do not want to hire cars all the time, It's just that I don't know which area to rent in, should it be right in Girne, or out a bit, just looking for a place that's convenient to the dolmus, thanks again I did look up the search but not too much information that was relevent to me.

Robert

Brinsley

Message Posted:
19/10/2010 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

The local buses run along the main drags stopping at various hours of the evening depending on which village end stop, but are now better than years ago. Bellapais is mafia controlled so no buses, just taxi's.

Richard

bigjuss

Message Posted:
19/10/2010 16:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

if you go to the main island in the town ,where the colony hotel is, theres dolmus buses stationed there taking you to all parts of the island, or if you see one with a sign in the window for a place youd like to check out, just flag one down!

Pipie

Message Posted:
19/10/2010 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Yes you can get as far as Tatlisu from Girne using the dolmus . Good main road so easy drive .

jimmyG

Message Posted:
19/10/2010 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Aussiejock you'll be surprised how easy it is to get around using them and so cheap too - you'll save a fortune against hiring a car.

aussiejock

Message Posted:
19/10/2010 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

RE Mes 2 and 3 Thanks for the information

I'm used to the dolmus in Turkey, and just wondered if it was the same type of system over here. In Turkey you could get to any destination, so no matter where you lived you were not resticted or isolsted by not having a car. as I said it will take me a while to find the area that I want to rent in, so I will just keep looking at this forum for any suggestions on which area would best suite us.

Robert

Brinsley

Message Posted:
19/10/2010 19:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Msg 6

On that basis, negotiate a two week hotel rate with car hire in central Girne and scout around all areas to find your right location.

Richard

aussiejock

Message Posted:
19/10/2010 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Msg 7

that is the way to go but thought it would be easier to get the apartment or villa before we left Oz, but knowing the right place to settle down for a year is going to be hard, so I will just keep looking at this forum and keep asking questions, and if I can't find the right place to rent then I will do as you said and book into a hotel and look around, thanks again.

Robert

Peeky

Message Posted:
19/10/2010 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

The best place to live outside of Kryenia with Dolmush access is anywhere within a few hundred metres of the main Kryenia - Lapta road, or Lapta village road, where Dolmushes run every 10 minutes or less. Yes, you can get to Tatlisu but the service is at best every few hours, and in some areas only twice a day. I would also recommend being no more than a few minutes walk from a good shop, preferably a supermarket.

Other areas are typically on a 30 minute to hourly dolmush service.

aussiejock

Message Posted:
20/10/2010 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Peeky

Thanks for the reply, thought about outskirts of Kyrenia, or the Centre itself, but want to pay a reasonable rent, as we will be staying for a year, I would pay 1 year upfront, that way we can come and go when we please, and use as a base to look around the NC, and get a feel of the place, or go back to Oz for a trip and know that we have a place to return to.

Robert

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.