North Cyprus Tourist Board - Buying a washer/dryer
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Buying a washer/dryer

Buying a washer/dryer

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

the butler

Message Posted:
21/10/2010 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Looking to move out to TRNC permenantly early next year. I am thinking of buying a washer/dryer, as I don't have room for a seperate dryer. The prices in the UK are a lot cheaper than in Cyprus but I am concerned, a) how much import tax would I be expected to pay and b) how easy is it to get say a hoover or indesit repaired?

I would consider buying a second hand one if anybody has one for sale.

The butlers wife

Micho

Message Posted:
21/10/2010 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Butlers wife,

We sell many electronic household goods. We have a LECLA washer and dryer all in one! For only 999 TL.

Price includes installation, delivery, VAT and comes with a one year warranty.

It has a fully digital display and controls. 7.2 KG capacity and works at 1000 rpm's

We are a registered company in the TRNC since 1980. We have our own service and repair crew.

Why worry about finding spares and repairs when you can buy new for the price of second hand with warranty and spare parts guarantee.

Please read our reviews http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/show2.asp?messageID=46288

Thanks

Yen

TECHMAR

scruff

Message Posted:
21/10/2010 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Haved lived here for 8 winters now & I really do not think you need a tumble dryer. I did own one in the UK. & left it there when we came out. Perhaps just winters 1 & 2, I felt I needed one on a few occasions, but it would be very low down my list of priorities.

johnjengiz

Message Posted:
21/10/2010 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

The weather is so nice in cyprus, why would you need a dryer?

Coachie

Message Posted:
21/10/2010 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Butler..I had one here in the uk never again.Forever breaking down and it take ages to do a wash,thats from the wife by the way.She says she would do without the dryer first......

the butler

Message Posted:
21/10/2010 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

I don't like clothes hanging around inside drying and I was thinking if we had another winter like last winter in Cyprus, a dryer would be extremely useful. My friend tells me it took 3 days to dry her sheets and clothes and 4 days to dry towels, whilst this might not bother some folks, it would bother me. I wouldn't mind taking them to a launderette to dry, if there are any that would just tumble dry them for you, east of Kyrenia.

Thank you message 2, I will certainly take a look at the washer dryer you have when next in Cyprus.

The butlers wife

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.