North Cyprus Tourist Board - Football Clubs in north Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Football Clubs in north Cyprus

Football Clubs in north Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

gavin

Message Posted:
21/10/2010 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Hi,

This is my first post on here although i have been browsing for a number of months.

My girlfriend an I have been considering relocating to Northern Cyprus in particular Girne/Kyrenia area, one of my biggest concerns about moving abroad would be having to give up my football career, I play semi professionally in Scotland and would need to make sure i could get a club if we did move over.

What is the standard of football like and the main clubs, is it purely semi-pro and does anyone know whether clubs are willing to take on 'foreigners' ?

Also anyone know what the level of pay is like at this level(im assuming they do get paid)

Would love to hear peoples thoughts or even if anyone has experience of playing in TRNC would be great.

Kind regards

Gav

rolly

Message Posted:
22/10/2010 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

I GAVIN I MYSELF RUN A SEMI PRO CLUB BACK IN NOTTINGHAM WAGES PAID. HOWEVER NORTH CYPRUS IS CLASSED HAS A SEMI PRO LEAGUE BUT I AM NOT SURE ON WHAT PAYMENTS ARE ON OFFER. THE STANDARD IS GOOD IN THE TOP LEAGUE WITH TEAMS LIKE OSANKOY/ BELLAPAISE/CATALKOY.ARE PROBERBLY THE LEVEL 5/6 IN ENGLAND UNIBOND /DIV 1. THE GROUNDS ARE OK AND PITCHES OK.THEY ARE TRYING TO GET THE SET UP BETTER AND INPROVING ALL THE TIME.A LOT OF FOREIGN PLAYERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE INVOLVED INMOST OF THE TEAMS. THE TURKISH CYPRIOTS ARE VERY FRIENDLY ALSO. I DONT THINK YOU WILL BE DISAPOINTED GAVIN. REGARDS ROLLY.

musty5

Message Posted:
10/12/2010 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

hello

to you all my name is mustafa dogan my perents are from cyprus and my wife

but i was born in england birmingham

im a football coach and scout i did work for birmingham city.fc for 9years but i work for west brom now i will be comeing over soon to look for play and opening school there soon

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.