North Cyprus Tourist Board - Gaining Employment in TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Gaining Employment in TRNC

Gaining Employment in TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

gavin

Message Posted:
21/10/2010 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hi,

Second post from me, my girlfriend and I are considering a move to TRNC in particular Girne/Kyrenia area.

Gaining employment would obviously be essential if we were to make the move, I own and run my own business here in Aberdeen selling car care products and offering prestige valeting and detailing services, while id love to continue doing the same thing I just dont know if its a viable option, or is it???

My girlfriend has ten years experinece in the child care sector, she is fully qualified to management level and has been a nursery supervisor/assistant manager in a well respected nursery for the last 5 years, are there similar positions available in TRNC and what is the salary like for this type of job.

Another big concern would be the need to meet/make new friends, are there any expat groups or meetings that take place??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Gav

Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated

yrret

Message Posted:
21/10/2010 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Bottom line Gav, if you need to 'work to live' you're better off where you are.

If you can afford to semi retire, then there is plenty of sunshine here but real business opportunities are hard.

Better you both take a couple of holidays here and check out the situation.

Meeting people is easy, always people in the bars etc ............ have you seen the film cocoon???

gavin

Message Posted:
21/10/2010 16:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Already been on a couple of holidays out there mate, certainly cant afford to be semi retired perhaps it may have to be a case of work much harder hear to afford a second place in Cyprus.

Would you say that most of the ex pats out there are semi retired then??

Gav

Pugwash

Message Posted:
21/10/2010 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Yes most are gavin, have to agree with yrret, don't come here if you need an "income" to live, it will not have a good chance of working.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
21/10/2010 20:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Do you think this TRNC government is even going to give you, a foreigner, an import licence, Gavin? Take a Cyp. partner at your peril - you're 49%, the TC is 51% - that's the law here. They have a nasty habit of taking YOUR money 'walkies'!

Better for you to research starting up business in the [Greek Cypriot] Republic of Cyprus - they are in the EU. It won't be easy there, though - but, if you thrive on hassle, by all means give it a go - and good luck!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.