North Cyprus Tourist Board - Venus Apartments in Salamis
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Venus Apartments in Salamis

Venus Apartments in Salamis

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

cangirl

Message Posted:
23/08/2008 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Does anyone know people who have bought an apartment here and live there year round or is it more an investment to rent out the units? Also how much are the monthly fees? I've heard people are complaining about them but I'd like to know how much they are if anyone has that info...

thanks!

Pipie

Message Posted:
23/08/2008 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Cangirl ,

This would be a great source of info for the board if you could please find out . Complexes that are now coming into the finishing stage are not adhering to what was set in peoples contract , good maintenence companies have an obligation to adhere to what was written into the contract , please let us have an update on this .

cangirl

Message Posted:
23/08/2008 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

well that is what I am trying to do.. find out, lol!

robin hood

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

We went there 3 years ago to look. We were lured by the prices in the internet. When we got there the Euros turned into pounds and the offer was not what was advertised. Have been back several times 2 x with German package deals(v.cheap €299 for 8 days half board). The quality of the room was dreadful.(damp,mildew and poorly finished) Supposedly 4 Star, but loos blocked and hanging of the wall. Showers floodig the hallways and furniture that was falling apart. We were the first pasying guests in the hotel April 2006. Aparently 3 companies have gone belly up on this developement and even the outside is showing signs of cheap material. Looks good from a long way off, the further the better. As far as charges and fees go, we thought it was a rip off. You get 5% of the rental, can't use the appartment in high season or school holidays. Pay the water and electricity all year round and the maintainance of stairwells etc. As an investment a complete non starter. Close to the beach though.

bradus

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Robin hood,

disappointed to see above review. This development looked superb when first advertised. I tried to get hubby to have a look but he dismissed it as being far too expensive. I thought it was going to turn out to be an exclusive development with 5 star standards. Just shows how wrong I was!

cangirl

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks for the posts... just goes to show it helps to hear others' viewpoints. Because it does look nice. I was there in June (at Salamis) but walked on the beach to have a look at Venus and from the outside it looked good to me.

I did write directly to the source and this is the email I got back today:

"We do have some more units for sale. They range from 64 to 360 square meters and one to three bedrooms. All furnished with AC units in each room.

More and more people live here year round as we have many locals who have purchased at Venus Beach. I am one of them.

The monthly fees are based on the size and capacity of each apartment but typically a 80sqm two bedroom apartment would pay approximately UKP 100 per month. This covers common utilities, servicing of the pool, water treatment plant, water recycling plant, power generator, lifts, cleaning of common areas, digital TV (Digiturk), wireless Internet, the upkeep of the garden, cleaning of the beach during summer season.

Please feel free to contact me if you have more questions, you can reach me either via e-mail or on +90 392 444 8000.

Best,

Devrim Celal

venusbeach

Diadem Hotels & Tours (DHT) Ltd

+90 392 444 8000

fax +90 392 378 9013

http://www.venusbeach.cc "

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.