North Cyprus Tourist Board - How many foreign residents live around Magosa to İskele (Bogaz) strip!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > How many foreign residents live around Magosa to İskele (Bogaz) strip!

How many foreign residents live around Magosa to İskele (Bogaz) strip!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

bigOz

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Does anyone have any idea if there are more UK and other foreign national residents along Magosa to İskele (Bogaz) power station strip (including surrounding villages of course) than those along North coast around Girne?

Anyone know what proportion of the forum members here are actually from around Magosa/Bogaz region? It seems that all the social activities, salling and buying etc are concentrated along Girne! Anyone from Magosa area SHOUT OUT!

bigOz

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 00:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Of the 50+ members online - only two seem to be from Famagusta Area! 3 including İsmet of course!

oceana

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

I'm from Magusa but living in Girne for now

Pipie

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 02:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

bigOZ.

Famagusta has a university . Lots of students . Appears to be lots going on activity wise .

Littlemo

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 08:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

hi,we live in the magusa area

elko2

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 08:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Not forgetting Simbas and Harold, so the majority of moderators are from Famagusta region

ismet

bigOz

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Hmmmm! Ismet, maybe we should have a 5-a-side fottball match for over 45's between the mods and the members (i.e. between Magosa and Girne)

Seriously though, is there any way one can look at your members and work out how many actually are from Magosa. It would take less than a minute using an Excel sheet to work out if you have a full member list.

I manage a restaurant for a friend at the weekends in that region and feel there must be hundreds if not thousands living in the area - pity if only 5-6 bare actually members!

simbas

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Bigoz , I can only count 15 off the top of my head but there are more. I don't think there is a way of telling where members come from , as some do not put down correct information for one reason or another , where is your Restaurant ?

Simbas

Lilli

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

i beleive that quite a few russians live in that area also.

bigOz

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

It is not my restaurant but belongs to a very good friend in Bogaz who was/is having management problems. I would not disclose the name for the fear of you going there now! It is on the sea with beautiful scenery and atmosphere. Give me 2 weeks until I work out what kind of changes should be made to entertainment and food and I will put a post announcing its exact location.

There is a new second restaurant nearby (ready but not open yet) on the sea with fantastic atmosphere + long bar. That one I could run as a partner if only I could turn it something where the local residents would come regularly - I am fed up of depending on tourist season!

Any constructive suggestions by local expats as to what food and kind of entertainment they would prefer at weekends would be most welcome. Live music and live DJs are considered, but the food... Fish & kebab? Burger Bar? Pub style steak house? I am strongly considering the latter, running it as an English Pub!

simbas

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

I suppose it really depends on where it is Ali . There is live Music in the Bogaz Harbour Restaurants , too much if you ask me as the restaurants are quite close together , for instance on my last visit , where i was sitting it was one style of music to my left another to the right so you couldn't enjoy it . The Kiyu is the one i use the most . I think there are enough English styled Restaurants Ali , but that's just my thoughts . It's just hitting on the right idea eh ? You obviously want local custom as well as ex-pats , and custom through out the week too

Good luck Ali , Simbas

elko2

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

BigOz,

Good luck with your venture but my idea of an evening meal is a quiet one or with music but not too loud so that I can have my conversation too. You know what I mean.

ismet

HER INDOORS

Message Posted:
25/10/2010

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

I live in Bogaz - I would like to see maybe an Indian restaurant as there are already restaurants serving Turkish and English food. A takeaway would be good too.

bigOz

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 01:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Simbas; you are absolutely right about the music around the harbour there! Too loud and all over the place.

İsmet; I could not agree with you more because I prefer the same; but the problem with that part of N.Cyprus is - it is really quiet in Winter and there aren't that many locals going out for that kind of a meal! Some peole seem to be attracted to loud music like fireflies to light!

Her Indoors; Indian I really did think of, but one needs a good chef & the ingredients here are so expensive - to serve a decent curry you would be expected to pay a lot of money (mind you most restaurants in the area cost an arm and a leg!). I am really inclined to think in terms of an English style Pub, similar to Harvesters in UK, where reasonably priced steaks, burgers and pies can also be served throughout the day accompanied with special live music nights at weekend.

Now you know why I really wanted to know how many from UK live in the area. Hopefully it will be GO or No GO! before Chri

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 02:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Re : Msg 1&14,

I thought in your original message you asked about foreign nationals, now you are talking about UK nationals.

I totally agree with Simbas that an English pub theme is not that original in the area. You'd better check you competition with ex- Moon over the water ( whatever they are called now) - they are styled as an English pub.

I live in the area too. Last place I go would be an English pub. If I want to have a meal out with my friends I tend to go to Kiyu too.

As for loud music, I would not think it'll attract you many customers, as students and young people seem to hang in clubs and bars in Famagusta.

Lilli was also right by saying there are a lot of Russians, these days they seem to be everywhere - certainly in the developments to the east of Bogaz.

Hope this'll help.

Geoff

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

I live in Famagusta old town, i.e. within the walled city. I know of a few others, one German, but they aren't members.

Geoff

bigOz

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Clarissa, Lilli, Simbas, ismet, and Geoff - thank you very much for all the info and input. Very much appreciated!

Tiggy

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Hello Bigoz,

We live next to Simbas and I agree with her. I love traditional Island food and my partner is total vegetarian....not much on the menu's for them to be honest. Promote the Vegi side as well and I think more will come as they have a choice.

Good luck.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.