North Cyprus Tourist Board - Ismail's fight for proper healthcare
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Ismail's fight for proper healthcare

Ismail's fight for proper healthcare

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mollycorbin

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

It is my understanding that Ismail has still not been treated for the cancer in his arm. I can only imagine how helpless his parents must feel. It sounds like they are being jerked around and I imagine the parents were raised to believe you don't question authority or doctors etc. Maybe they need an advocate. We, cy44 members, seem to really rally around the dog/cat issue in NC. I wonder if we put the same vigor into Ismail's plight, maybe we can help him get the care he needs? It's likely a long shot, but what if we all hounded the UNICEF office in Turkey - I wonder if they would get involved.

http://www.unicef.org.tr/en/content/detail/20/contact-unicef-turkey.html

Should we start sending daily emails and making phone calls? Or if you think something else could potentially help please share.

doggiesteve

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

lets hve a meeting to discuss the best way forward ??

where please ?

apc2010

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

molly , is ismail a t/c , if so why cannot he go south and recieve treatment , no offense meant ,not up to speed on his plight...

mollycorbin

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

message 3

I have no authority on the matter. It is my understanding that Ismail is Turkish not Cypriot. Therefore his healthcare in Turkey is free. I am assuming that is true and correct.

The issue NOW is that the medical professionals have been jerking him around for 5 weeks. The boy needs the tumor cut out and radiation or chemo or whatever the course of action will be. It is my understanding that "they" are only repeating diagnostic exams and not being proactive and acting upon the malignancy results. I am hoping that by creating this thread, those that are in the know, will tell us what exactly is going on so that we may be able to help. I am sure it is only a matter of time before Lee logs in and either agrees or refutes what is being discussed. I want to offer possible solutions and not sit around drinking chai and discussing it. Let's move. Let's do something.

Lilli

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Molly Lee would be the only person qualified to answer this. I certainly dont think that the treatment Ismal is receiving is free.Im sure he will see this tomorrow and advise x

apc2010

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

sad to see the x factor spoof post got more views than this ...................

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

We would welcome any help whatsoever, we will always talk to you and explain things. I have not posted of late because we have not really got very far.

A big part of this has been down to the situation of Ismails dad,s green card. But he has now assured our intereptor that he is going to send his wife to their village and get this issue sorted. Their village is approx. 14 hours away by coach.

We feel (and this is not meant with any disrepect )that Ismails dad has taken the easy route, and I do not blame him, if I was in that situation I would do the same.

But on Friday he spoke to Turkey, and he now beleives that if Ismails dad can get the green paper sorted,then most of the treatment will paid for by the goverment.

We are trying to get this in writing, It has been a most frustrating time, and I know that the humanatarians amongst us all feel the same way, that this should be sorted, stuff the red tape,rules and regulations, Our only concern is Ismail and his family,

japeal

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Lee,

have you managed to get the donation given on http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/48006.asp

john

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Sorry I could not reply before, only just got back home, I also meant to add, we rely on what Ismails dad (Cemal) tells Yasin our interpretor.

There is also a slight breakdown in some communication between them, because even though Yasin is a superb interpretor, Ismails family are from Hati, near Syria, and Yasin tells us it is a quite a different dialect to his own language.

I am hoping that next week we can get something faxed to us to confirm his treatment.

Also an approx figure of what this is going to cost,

All we want to see is Ismail back home and pray to god that things are succesful, We are looking forward to seeing him and the family,

His birthday presents are waiting here for him, If we had some good positive news, jan and I would be the first to let you all know.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
23/10/2010 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

msg 8 I knew nothing of this kind gesture your prize is actually in an envelope ready to go to Cyprus Today, but instead it will go to Ismails appeal for his cancer treatment.

Most people on here know that my phone number has regularly been advertised on 44, dozens and dozens of people have it.

I have not published our email address on 44 due to the fact that I am totally computer illiterate and I am concerned about viruses and spam etc..

I am very easily contactable via 44 or our many true friends and supporters.

Thank you everyone for your valid interest, support and concerns, they will be passed on to Ismail and his family.

apc2010

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 05:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

hopefully the first post you read on this fine morning......

mollycorbin

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Thanks for the details, Lee. I am concerned as to why the medical professionals are allowing this tumor time to possibly metastasize.

Based on what you posted, this is my understanding now: Ismail's Dad still needs to sort out his green card and then once he does that, the surgeon will get permission from the ministry to proceed. Otherwise, they want it treated as a private pay patient. Is that correct?

Do we know how much the surgeon/hospital want to charge for the excision upfront? I will search for your phone number as well. Thanks.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Mollycorbin, this is my phone number, 0533 843 6539,

I beleive that the ifnformation I have posted is correct, I believe that we may have to find a further sum of money to proceed, around 1900 TL.

I have a donation of £1000 , off a very kind unamed gentleman, I was going to raffle it, to raise a few thousand TL, at 25 TL per ticket, and just sell 250 tickets, ( so it gives good odds)

But if needs be I will send this money over to Turkey, It was sent to me with a text message, stating, to use as you wish.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Ismails arm and this cancer has been known for months now, surely he should have had treatment by now if he is to make a safe recovery? Why are the family taking so long to get the papers? can nobody help over there to get these things rolling faster?

It would seem that the family have received funds for other things to make their life easier, but the boys arm is taking second place... Please don't take offence at this question, as we in GB can only read little snippets and wonder why things are not progressing faster...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.