North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dog kennels for one week only
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dog kennels for one week only

Dog kennels for one week only

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

richez

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Where is top dog hotel? The website gives no details or telephone number!

Any other recommendations would be welcome.

Grandson staying for a week in November but Archie can't be trusted

blade

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 16:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

After employing a petsitter for two week who stole from us, didn't care properly for our dogs and took libertys at our place, we looked around for the best place to leave our dogs. Yes she still advertises here!

We have viewed all the kennels looking for where to put our dogs. Most are dreadfull.

We have since left our dogs with Sara & John at Top Dog Hotel , a friend gave us their details,and are most impressed. My dogs love them to bits and are very happy to stay with them. It is also exceptionally clean , very similar to the sort of thing you get in the UK. Highly recommended.

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Well Blade why don't you name and shame her if she is still advertising and is not only dishonest but didn't look after your dogs...posters need to know who not to call.

petsitter61

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 17:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

hello Blade

i myself live in lapta and do bussines on recomendations and referals from the local vets and the vets in town. we take dogs to our house and we also do house pet sits

a home visit is organised twice for us to meet the dogs/cats/birds ect and go through the routine in the house and if we say we are going to be there we are in the persons house everynight

i would like you to post thats its not me you are refering to in your previous post please

some people are happy with there dogs going to someone else some people want to put there pets in kennels and lock there house up then there are people who want there pets in there own home with someone else giving them TLC and making sure they are happyand staying over the choice is up to the owner

i do know it is difficult to had your house keys over to maybe a stranger and trust them but i have a reputation that i dont want tarnished by rummers and people trying to guess who you are talking about

linda roy

petsitter61

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

my contact is linda roy 0533 846 0642 please text me drop off times and pick up times dogs name and age

the reason i need the dogs name and age is i take up to four dogs in my home at one time i now myself have a rescued pek from pertev the vet in town who has been with us for 7 months shes lovley but im her mum so of couse i think shes great with her one eye which doesnt stop her getting about

so spaces for up tp 3 friends only and i have to make sure they are all going to get along again a house visit is done by myself then the owner is invited to my house if we are both happy the pet sit is booked in

since offering this service i notice a big differance now more house sits with next years diary filling up quickly and the regulars booked in for xmas 2011

please contact me at email colindaroy at hotmail.com

thank you

linda roy

Lilli

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

how the hell could any one dispute you Linda, you are one of the best. My only fear with house sitting the dogs is the different temperments espicially the king, my staffi, the others no probs. I keep them apart when I work so no conflict can happen x

berilela

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

blade name and shame please so we dont get same done to us .yes top dog is in pinarbasi terry sara are very good

Lilli

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

They are the best but just so far for me, i would have no hesitation if it was long term, as the are the kindest, they care , they clean up all the time. I only wish we were close . The dogs do not want to leave x

Whistler

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

I have used Petsitters over the last couple of years and am more than happy with their service.Blade I also think you should name and shame the person you refer to as I could be in the position to need someone if Linda and Colin are unable to look after my pets due to popularity and I would hate the undo all the good they have done by trusting my gang to this person.

petsitter61

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

thank you for everyones coments i feel a bit reasured but you can not come on here and post that you are not happy with some one and say SHE still advertises on this board

people could think its me who balde means even though they have not meet me

i would like to say that if you are happy with your pet carer that before you book your holiday that you check with them first if they can help with the dates you need just recently i have had to say no to a regular dog sit because of this

i now have a very trusting family who helps me with over bookings and live in lapta

linda roy

dozza67

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 20:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Hello Linda. You looked after our Heidi a few times and last year for 2 whole months. She was very happy with you. We are now back in UK and little Heidi is with us and as adorable as ever. Love to you and Colin.

Kath, Alan and Heidi xx

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Blade it is because of petsitter that you should name and shame...she clearly does a very good job and could be penalised because of your remarks.

Lenancdc

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Hi

We have the NCDC Dog & Cat Hotel in Malaya.

You are welcome to visit us any time and have a look at our website http://www.willenco.com

Lena and Willy

lulubell

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Top Dog Hotel phone no-0533 8314245, Sarah and Terry absolutely the best kennels here if you are looking for kennels otherwise Linda Roy as above for petsitting.Both trustworthy,look after your pets as if they were their own.

blade

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 09:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

I won't name and shame. Others may be happy with this woman care?

The person was reported to the police at the time. They did point out to us that we employed someone for cash, who had no work permit, no business licence and no contract. We didn't know them and what did we expect. ?We paid a stranger cash to stay in our home.

Would you do this in the UK? No probably not!

So how ever honest someone tells you they are, just think about it first. You have no redress if this happens to you. Don't make the same mistake of trusting someone as we did.

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 10:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Fair enough...Top Dog Hotel is highly recommended, it is run by genuine dog lovers.

sunnyday

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

For anyone out Esentepe/ Tatlisu way, I would recommend Phil & Penny at Kaplica. There number is 0533 8402671.

They have strays for rehoming & also take in boarding dogs.

blade

Message Posted:
27/10/2010 12:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

We now kennel with Top Dog Hotel because they don't take in strays for rehoming.

They won't take in strays due to the health risks, such as leishmania which can be transfered from dog to dog.

It is something they ask about before accepting your dog, along with seeing your health card , sandfly collars and insisting on kennel cough prevention as well.

Just because you are in Cyprus it doesn't mean you have to use somewhere which has no standards.

Everyone to their own, but i wouldn't kennel my dogs anywhere they kept strays.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.