North Cyprus Tourist Board - Work Permits in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Work Permits in North Cyprus

Work Permits in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

BazzaSW

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

As mentioned earlier my daughter has an offer of a good job in North Cyprus and we are just trying to find out the position with work permits. I have read somewhere that they can cost up to 1,000 lire.

The company have said they will organise the initial work permit which lasts 3 months but what happens after that?

suziQ

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Bazza, a work permit is issued for a period of 1 year - and renewable annually thereafter. Your daughters employer should take care of all related costs involved with this. If they ask for any contribution towards this then avoid them at all costs...

The initial permit they are refering to is (i think) the standard 90 day visitor visa issued to all those who enter North Cyprus (although 90 days is by no means guaranteed and I have known of cases where a visitor visa of 30 days is given on entry).

It takes a few weeks to sort out all the paperwork (and blood tests etc) necessary for a work permit and your daughter will have to leave the country and come back in when her employer makes the application for her work permit. As someone advised on a previous thread, please be very cautious as the salary they are promising seems rather a lot for North Cyprus and also bear in mind that there are no employee rights (at least not as as we know them) in existance here.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

I would not recommend anyone to come over for work porpuses before their work permit/s are obtained.

Better safe then sorry,as they say.It is being made extremly difficult to obtaine them,again for the porpuse of stopping mainlanders from coming over but unfortunately it is classed as 'all foreighners'.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 15:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

I was told by an accountant that the law says you should have a permit in place before you arrive.

ozankoys

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

The 90 day visitor's visa does not allow people to work, however I believe that the authorities do allow a certain leniency when new employees are on a trial period. However they are very reluctant to grant young females a work permit as it is taking employment away from Cypriots and they are suspicious of single young women wanting to live here - they think they will earn their living by immoral means! They will not be able to obtain the permit before she gets here as blood tests and X rays are required.

Is the company Cypriot or foreign as I cannot imagine a Cypriot company paying such a good salary - if it seems too good to be true then it certainly is. The only companies I can think of that would pay so much are European ones working on EU contracts.

BazzaSW

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Again thanks for your help. I was mistaken, the employer actually said they would arrange and pay for the work permit and help with any settling in problems such a place to live etc.which all sounds good.

My daughter has decided to take the job and is handing in her notice at work tomm. so no doubt I will become a regular on this forum looking for your help.

Thanks for all the help so far and in anticipation of future help

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

What job is it, sounds too good to be true.

BazzaSW

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

It is probably best for my daughter if I dont exactly disclose her work but thanks for your help. Everything appears above board and fantastic.

I just hope I come on here in a few weeks to confirm this.

inigo

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Bazza,

There is an initial work permit or pre-work permit which is valid for 30 days after approval by the related ministry.Also upon arrival,the employer grants to start work permit proceduresin 15 days and finish in 30 days max with this inital work permit.One year cost is around 300TL but the employer should pay.Your doughter only take care of health report from public hospital or private hospital.If she will not work at food sector,I recommend to take from private hospital.Cost &Time effective

I have just finished my work permit,pls do not hesitate to ask further questions.

Baran

Lilli

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Please get your daughter to seek out all the advice and get it in writing if they promise a permit. Im soory to be a pessamist but we have all seen young people leave after a few months as no permits had been obtained. Checks have to be done and cant be unless she is here. Can you say if its a turkisk/cypriot company

BazzaSW

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

I believe it is an American parent company, but they have been established in Northern Cyprus for many years with a very good reputation, of this I am confident having done a little bit of research.

They have made a written offer to her of salary, holiday entitlement, work permit, payment of flight over, and 2 weeks accommodation and help with finding permanent accommodation and sorting out a car etc.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Was there a similar posting on here a few weeks ago where a Father was asking for info for his daughter who had been offered a job in Lefkosia, lots of advice given but didn't hear anything of the outcome. He would not say what the job was and who the employer was but said it was what his daughter was employed as in the UK. Am I dreaming are does anyone else remember.

BazzaSW

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

If there was it was nothing to do with me

All advice given on here has been of great assistance and I will let anyone who is interested know shortly how she gets on. She has today send a formal letter of acceptance of the job and tomm is handing in notice at work and sorting out a start date which is expected to be Monday 8th November I hope to have a week out here in November helping her to settle in.

This forum has been a godsend of information for a place I was previously in total ignorance of.

Thank you very much

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.