North Cyprus Tourist Board - Another dog story please do not read if not interested
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Another dog story please do not read if not interested

Another dog story please do not read if not interested

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

Lilli

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

On the way back from Sunday lunch , I decided to take mine home with me. We stopped at the market opposite Mano la Hotel, the scraggiest dirtiest little mutt was raiding the bin.. I had a bowl in the car and shouted to guido to get food but i put in roasties Yorkshire and some beef, well he wanted it all and got it, What saddens me all the hair from his neck down was going, he was pitiful as they all are. What causes this, he has never had care but could eat. Is this a serious disease or malnutrition x

berilela

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

probaly has mange lilli only a vet can inject for treatment canastan cream is ok for smll losses bless you for feeding it

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Worse case scenario, it maybe possibly mange...if he has mange, please do not touch him as it is extremely easy to pass it on to your own dogs....failing that, wash your hands thoroughly.

Otherwise, it could be sa erious flea infestation, and or extremely poor health.

DD

apc2010

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

the chances are he has been chained/tied up at some point as this can wer away the fur. if thats the caseit will probably grow back......

Lilli

Message Posted:
24/10/2010 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

thank you all i did disinfect my hands but i, so pleased he had my dinner He was in very poor health. what can we do xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx give me lottery numbers please amd i will make magic, afterall im irish xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYou know i feed so many along that strip if i do not see them for a day or two , then i worry. but today my lovely little one found me again

boglefan

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 02:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Liz even winning the 113mill on the Euro mill lottery will not elevate the problem in TRnc. It breaks myheart but there are too many being abandoned or never cared for. It has been hard for me only visiting a few times a year but I really have had to realise that if I feed one I could never turn another away. Could never have enough land or money to aleviate the problem. Unfortunately blinkers must be used, it's not what I want and I do not sleep easily on it but I am trying hard to go with my brain and not my heart. Love what you and Guido done, but time to take a few steps back for the two of you and human family. Luv u. XX

blade

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 09:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

The worst thing could be leishmania. Don't touch anything that looks like this! You can catch it if you have a cut on your hands, then you will be seriously ill.

LeYLeY

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

:( I hate seeing stary animals here!!!

yenibob

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 10:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

I dont like being stared at by animals either:o)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.