North Cyprus Tourist Board - Knocking down the scala nuova port in Kusadasi Turkey
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Knocking down the scala nuova port in Kusadasi Turkey

Knocking down the scala nuova port in Kusadasi Turkey

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

aussiejock

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

can this happen here, the Scala Nuova port in Kusadasi Turkey which is one of the most important ports in Turkey for cruise ships and visitors, over 900 cruise ships berth every year at this port, is going to be knocked down, after 10 years in service they say it was built without approval, 56 shops and everything will be knocked down and flattened,did they have to do this during the season while cruise ships were still berthing, why not wait untill the ships stopped coming and the tourists had gone, they came with the police, workers, and earthmoving equipement, to start work, but hundreds of people turned up to stop them, they now have 10 days to get all the stock out of the shops, and the demolition will begin, I don't know if anyone here has been to Kusadasi, a lovely port with great beaches, but the new mayor is going to knockdown every building that was an Illegaly built, this is what he will knock down. http://www.scalanuova.com/eng/

Robert

jesusjon

Message Posted:
25/10/2010 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

How Ridiculous,

Must be a new mayor gone power crazy.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 07:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Pity they dont do some of that here all the unfinished eyesores built without permission and rotting away.

aussiejock

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 12:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

the manager at Starbucks today said they all have 30 days to put in an appeal so will have to wait and see whether the decision can be reversed or not, you don't mind unfinished eyesores, but this is a $30 million dollar port I think it's owned by a Dutch Co.

Robert

Deniz1

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Actually i do mind unfinished eyesores that i see every day in my beautiful country.

aussiejock

Message Posted:
26/10/2010 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

If you read my post again you will see that what I said was ( you don't mind unfinished eyesores, but this is a $30 million dollar port ) meaning unfinished eyesores should be demolished.

Robert

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.