North Cyprus Tourist Board - For the best in Soul in TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > For the best in Soul in TRNC

For the best in Soul in TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

cyprusgiant

Message Posted:
29/10/2010 15:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

On the Soul Train on Radio Bayrak International tomorrow morning at 10am (87.8 or 105FM), I've picked a mixed bag of tracks. Playlist includes :- Papa Was A Rolling Stone (TEMPTATIONS), So You Win Again (HOT CHOCOLATE), Life (DES'REE), Hold Back The Night (TRAMMPS), I'm Gonna Run Away From You (TAMI LYNN) Sweet Talking Guy (CHIFFONS), Thinking About You (KENNY THOMAS), Girls (MOMENTS & WHATNOTS), A Change Is Gonna Come (SAM COOKE), A Change Is Gonna Come (OTIS REDDING), 634-5789 (WILSON PICKETT), Best Of My Love (EMOTIONS), Indiana Wants Me (R DEAN TAYLOR), I Guess I'll Always Love You (ISLEY BROTHERS), A Bird In The Hand (VELVELETTES), Be Young Be Happy Be Foolish (TAMS). I hope that you can tune in, and if you have any requests, I would be delighted to dedicate to you. Simply post a reply to this. Keep The Faith, Max...

cyprusgiant

Message Posted:
29/10/2010 15:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Does anyone know who is the only surviving member of the original Temptations who celebrates his 69th birthday tomorrow.

shrimp

Message Posted:
29/10/2010 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Think it may be Otis williams..............could you play nights in white satin for me??

cyprusgiant

Message Posted:
29/10/2010 16:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Shrimp, certainly is Otis Williams... Here's a cracking video of him & the rest in action

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1gxb0_temptations-papa-was-a-rolling-ston_music

Not sure Moody Blues' Nights in White Satin appropriate for a soul show, but I will ask DJ Mike to include on his Juke Box Show on Sunday mornings (10am) and dedicate to you.

More old videos, The Trammps with their Northern Soul smash before it charted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD5UdXq-JLQ

And also the Tams with Be Young, Be Foolish and Be Happy (a song for all ex-pats who have bought in TRNC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57s1C1_JY

cyprusgiant

Message Posted:
29/10/2010 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Correction, the 2nd video is R Dean Taylor's Indiana Wants Me..

Jeannie

Message Posted:
29/10/2010 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Hi again Max

I watched a film the other evening all about the inception of the "Chess" record label. It was very interesting and I'd recommend it if anyone gets the chance to watch it. It reminded me of an EP (that's giving my age away) I had bought for me many years ago by an old boyfriend. Included in the tracks was Mitty Collier singing "I had a talk with my man last night". I've tried listening to it on utube, but the sound was down and couldn't hear a thing. I'd almost forgotten what a lovely song it was and would be most grateful if you could play it for me at some time.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Jean

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.