North Cyprus Tourist Board - kitten/puppy safe food
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > kitten/puppy safe food

kitten/puppy safe food

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

jenny278

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hi, I have a 14 week old kitten and a 11 week old puppy, both adopted in the last week , I have been giving them plain unseasoned cooked chicken and pasta, I would like to ensure a good balanced and varied diet so decided to cook chicken livers, the pack contained numerous gallbladders are these safe for them to eat, never having had a cat I haven't a clue.

Also I have given them the occassional small dish of kitten/puppy dry food ony to find them both eating out of the same bowl will this harm them.

many thanks

airy____fairy

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 09:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Jenny278

You will get numerous responses no doubt about this - but animal food is expensive here ( I am currently feeding 15 cats and have 2 dogs ) - I feed them on restaurant leftovers - which they love !!!!

I used to cook for my boxer dog ( he was 48 kg so pretty chunky - no fat on him either ) used to cook cut up chicken livers in plenty of water ( or lemar sell in the freezer section chicken parts to cook for animals - feet, necks etc ) along with all my peelings and tops etc of my veg ( used to keep that in fridge till cooking up time ) with whatever other veg is cheap at the time chopped up. When cooked add pasta . Turn off heat cover and leave for 30 mins. Then put in fridge to cool.I would then add to this any of my mealtime leftovers - NO waste in my house LOL!!!!! This keeps for a few days in fridge so I used to cook up large batches .

Much cheaper than buying food and my boxer dog was never as healthy ( sadly he passed away 2 years ago )

Hope this helps

blade

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Cooking food for pets is good but i do feel you should give them a complete type diet of quality pet food as the principle food, then add the other stuff as extras. By cooking food it takes away lots of the vitamins and minerals.

airy____fairy

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I disagree blade - my Boxer was more healthy on the home cooked diet - however I would agreee that dry food once or twice a week is good to keep the teeth clean. And dont drain the water away from the cooking just add the uncooked pasta to the hot pan and allow the pasta to soak up the water. Full of vitamins and flavour !!!!

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

I agree with msg 4. I also cook food for my 2 dogs, however, i would only give them liver once or twice a month, as it has tons of protein, which isn't very good for them. Mine also have a bowl of biscuits down at all times for whenever they get the nibbles. Although not all dog owners can do this, as some dogs will eat everything put down.

DD

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.