North Cyprus Tourist Board - A petition to help both North Cyprus & the Republic of Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > A petition to help both North Cyprus & the Republic of Cyprus

A petition to help both North Cyprus & the Republic of Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

CyprusPetitions accept petitions on virtually every subject for all audiences with the intention of promoting

grassroots democracy in the Republic Of Cyprus. Petitions provide an important way for communities to

express their views and for the people to see the level of support such petitions attract.

We have just added a Share Button to all petitions to allow subjects that you are passionate about be shared

quickly and easily on a range of social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Myspace etc. You can find the

Share Button above the signatures section on all petitions.

Don't forget - You can create your own petition - for free on: http://www.cypruspetitions.com

Our latest petition:

Please Help Snake George Save The Cyprus Grass Snake from Extinction 

We hope that you find the above useful!

Regards - 'Tenakoutou' -

Hector

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

I think that's a worthy petition. I've added my support. Thanks for the info.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks, Hector!

Since there seem to be a lot of forum members logged on [02/11/2010 -1525hrs], I'm resurrecting this posting - BTT!

rowlo

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

maybe no one likes snakes , BTT?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Perhaps you would prefer to be overrun with [poisonous] spiders, centipedes and scorpions + countless other creepy-crawlies, nasties and bities!

Snakes are vital to Nature's food chain, 'rowlo'.

bigOz

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Snakes do not eat centipedes, scorpions and/or poisonous spiders! There is a variety in USA (green snake) that eats insects including spiders but I do not think we have them here. The only good some snakes do is eating rodents but then they do not discriminate and eat eggs of rare birds. Cyprus republic in early 1960s actually imported Black snakes from North America (I believe) to get rids of rats and similar rodents from the countryside. They still exist but I have not seen any in recent years in North Cyprus. They are not venomous.

As for other venomous snake types we have here - I think we should have the eagles back in St Hilarion to get rid of the buggers. The so called idiots of hunters we used to have shot them all during the 1960s. I remember as a child when we visited St Hilarion castle, dozens of eagles would be hovering like kites all around the summit. They used to nest in the rocks - now? Nothing! Forget about the snakes, lets bring back the eagles!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

If the black snake you are referring to is the 'Whip Snake' and grows to 3 metres in length, then there are plenty around. We have one in our garden here in Zeytinlik and I and friends went to play tennis at 'Riverside' and saw a beauty - easily 3 metres - slithering around the side of the car park.

In Paphos we had all sorts of different snakes - the black ones were frequently seen with a carob rat in their jaws. I always thought that snakes go for all kinds of insects....perhaps you are right, though.

Ah, eagles: or in fact all raptors - wonderful! Unfortunately, the only falcons we see around is the 'Lady Eleanora Falcon'. Even the 'Scops' owls seem to be disappearing, and it's years since I've seen a 'Barn Owl' - once quite common.

The last coupla 'Griffon' vultures I saw was back in the Summer of 2006. I wonder how the [small] colony of these is thriving at Episkopi - does anyone know their number now?

I agree with you wholeheartedly, 'bigOz' - BRING BACK THE EAGLES

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.