North Cyprus Tourist Board - ITV Homes from Hell North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > ITV Homes from Hell North Cyprus

ITV Homes from Hell North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

LauraStevens

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 47 in Discussion

ITV Studios is looking for stories for a new primetime series for ITV1. Do you know of anyone whose home has become a living nightmare?

We want to hear about all and any domestic disaster zones - the new build house with a monster list of snags, the expensive development riddled with faults, the new estate built in the wrong place, the cowboy built house that’s falling apart etc.

We are also keen on home-related stories such as first time buyer nightmares, fights with local planning departments over new homes or extensions, a builder who wants to blow the whistle on bad practice, the estate agent selling duds etc.

If you know of any stories in the UK or abroad with video footage and photos then we would definitely like to hear from you. Please contact us by email:

laura.stevens@itv.com

Tootie

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 47 in Discussion

This post should be removed/closed.

Reason: Spam

itv.com want to make a cheap program of the back of ex-pats problems.

NOTHING ELSE !!!

Anyone else agree???

Hector

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 47 in Discussion

No I don't.

Tootie

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 47 in Discussion

Msg 3. Why?

yrret

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 47 in Discussion

Maybe email them the stories from the south long with the new ruling that they have been miss-selling etc.

If they are impartial, they may want to cover the other sides story too?

Brinsley

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 47 in Discussion

Because they buy you lunch!

Richard

Tootie

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 47 in Discussion

They are looking for a cheap story/program off the back of the Orams that they covered earlier this year.

Typical itv shite & nothing else.

If they had a good Researcher they would have found marion xxxxx website....etc etc.

It makes no difference to anyone here, but only makes itv.com shed loads of money. Just like the Jeremy Kyle show, X Factor, etc etc

Its spam and nothing else!!!!

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 47 in Discussion

It is a shame they dont want to make a program about "tennants from hell" in uk!!!

rowlo

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 47 in Discussion

well i agree with tootie , omg that must be a 1st ? lol.

Tootie

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 47 in Discussion

lol rowlo,

Im sorry but this is so cheap!

It dont take a genius to find well known websites about stories from NC problems.

I feel LauraStevens@itv.com has just "Googled" North Cyprus......Then top of the page, "Cyprus44.com"

Do some homework Laura@itv pls.

""CLOSE THE POST. ITV WILL ONLY MAKE A SHED LOAD OF MONEY AND NOTHING ELSE""

sienna

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 47 in Discussion

its a shame they dont want to make a story about the good side and the happy endings but that doesn't make good TV does it - there is good and bad in everything in life people places, buildings, architecture have a balanced view not a onesided one

BUT then the heading wouldn't be so eye catching, why do others love to report the worst - because it makes money !! others seem to thrive on peoples misery, I dont suppose it is to help them in any way

measey

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 47 in Discussion

Bu---- o--, your input is not welcome close post please.

Tootie

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 47 in Discussion

sienna, Your right in saying "because it makes money"

Do they even know anything about NC?? Good or bad, North or South?

Answer= NO! Just cheap television, No actors, No script, No directors & cheap Researcher's.

Simples....

Quarmby

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 47 in Discussion

Just taking the TRNC, it could run longer than Coronation Street.Why are some of you wanting to cover it up?

Stubs

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 47 in Discussion

Tootie

If the TRNC authorities had their own house in order then much of the problems of the TRNC would only be older regurgitated ones re land ownership.

Perhaps something like this may force the TRNC authorities might do something about it.

Its nothing to do with a south/north thing but people who have lost, in some cases their life savings, and the government do NOTHING about it.

Bradus

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 47 in Discussion

What about the Geoff and Mary saga? It could run for years!

Would be part comedy, part documentary, there could be a bit of politics thrown in, not to mention the emotional content.

Best seller surely?

honestie

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 47 in Discussion

sienna

I agree with you that its always the bad things make the news however in the case of north/south cyprus I wouldnt think giving good news helps the people like the gary robb saga and the recent kulkadiz 5 and the mary and geoff saga.

what has occurred here and is still occuring is unbievable and for the people concerned a nightmare having lost all their savings and their homes and it would appear there is more to come. If it was me I would get any publicity I could to save my home and my health but we all have our differant views especially when its noy us its happening to!

If and a big if the programme somehow helped the situation by reporting on the things that people cannot report on here for fear of being arrested then why not support it but I would think it would have to be done professionally and not a quick one off for viewers ratings.

I am sure if ITV wanted to do their research properly they would have enough to report on without coming on here

Hector

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 47 in Discussion

Sadly, those that point out that if there weren't any horror stories happening in the TRNC, there wouldn't be an issue, have a very valid point. Pity those that try and silence such horror stories coming to attention don't put their efforts into canvassing to stop them happening or for the authorities to take the appropriate action. What about what's happened to Geoff & Mary Day, the Orams, those on Kulaniz 5? If ITV 'make shed loads of money' yet actually achieve some move towards justice then good luck to ITV.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 47 in Discussion

I doubt very much that it really is ITV, more probably an outside production company posing as ITV to make and sell an inflammatory, tabloid style programme to them.

Richard

newlad

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 47 in Discussion

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beds.ac.uk%2Falumni%2Fwherenow%2Fstu%2Flaura-stevens&ei=_WHQTJTACpSSjAfA0Oi-Bg&usg=AFQjCNFXgj8tXpz-IZxsmwUOsAFxtgxMHw

Hope it works,

Paul.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 21:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 47 in Discussion

Paul

Thirty minutes behind closed doors and I'd soon sort her out!

Richard

newlad

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 47 in Discussion

Rich,

She has lovely eyes doesnt she,

Paul.

Bradus

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 47 in Discussion

Good Luck to Laura,

I'm sure she will have lots of offers. Perhaps an investigation into the "memorandum" scams would be interesting?

Tootie

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 47 in Discussion

stubs, Msg 15....

"Its nothing to do with a south/north thing but people who have lost, in some cases their life savings, and the government do NOTHING about it."

So what do you think itv-homes from hell will do about it? besides the money??

Did they help the Orams, who lost there life savings? and did the government do anything?

Its Trash and nothing else!!

honestie

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 47 in Discussion

tootie

why are you so against it if theres just even a hint of making people aware of the corrupt system here and anywhere else I agree the tv programme wouldnt be done on moral ground it would be for them to make money on a programme but Im sorry if it offends you but I know I would jump at any chance of exposing things as long as its put across in the right way.

Quarmby

Message Posted:
02/11/2010 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 47 in Discussion

honestie

totally agree with you.

tootie

why are you trying to cover up what is going on in the TRNC? What is your hidden agenda?

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 47 in Discussion

honestie(mess 25)

I can understand why tootie is against the Itv scenario, the corruption in the TRNC is so ingrained, so dreadful, that, for me certainly it has to be dealt with carefully! Itv certainly may want anyone to make a quick buck out of victims misery!

However there is so much suffering, so much deception, so much criminality going on within such a small square mileage, in an unrecognized Country that although unrecognized never the less receives EU money! It cannot go on receiving EU money and consistently allow criminals to infiltrate, and use the absence of law and order to continually deceive and extort from EU citizens! somewhere along the line the EU must realize that the corruption within is so huge, that they need to STOP anymore of our money going into the TRNC!

Tootie (mess 24)

It's never been up to itv homes from hell to do anything about the Orams! It's always been up to the TRNC Government! but as usual they have done nothing! par for the course hey!

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 47 in Discussion

cont..............

But the one thing "Homes from Hell" will do, along with the outcome of the Orams case, is to make sure a large proportion of the UK knows exactly what they are dealing with, if they ever decide to buy a "Pig in a Poke" in the TRNC!

yrret

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 07:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 47 in Discussion

Here you go Laura,

Take a look at the link in the first post of this thread:

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/48864.asp

(here is the link - http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers.com/2010/11/01/massive-implications-for-property-sector-economy/id=006034 )

Might help you show a balanced perspective of 'Cyprus' (after all, they try to tell us it only exists as a whole), and maybe restore a little creadibility to the journo trade.

apples

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 11:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 47 in Discussion

I cant believe anyone would get involved with this woman from ITV. We are always hoping there will be some truthful and feel good stories in the British Press about N/C but they never seem to come. By getting involved with this woman and the programme she represents will only cause more bad and unnecessary publicity aimed at us in N/C. These programmes never give a fair picture and anyone who gives them a story it could well be twisted by the editors as they are only interested in sensationalising other peoples misery.

Please bear in mind when this TV company ran the Oram case saying many homes were being demolished because of this one judgement and showing houses being knocked down they actually used previous footage of houses being demolished that were in the Costa Blanca Spain and N/C at all.

pollymarples

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 47 in Discussion

what are you all scared of, when the programme is aired, you are not forced to watch it. If it wasn't popular they wouldn't continue making it, pure economics

For God sake, what happened to freedom, even Laura has the freedom to post

just as we have the freedom to ignore her. You dont like the programme - dont watch it. You dont like

Laura's subject, don't read it. Lots more to choose from

Nice to know someone is making money out of this c*** cos sure as hell (homes from) anyone who bought here wont. Even if you have no problems, so many have that the value of YOUR property has eroded too.

Never know, if all else fails, we could all end up on it.

mikelapta

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 47 in Discussion

Perhaps they will do a sequel "Homes from Heaven "........I bought 12 years ago,and I never had any problems with my house,kocan,neighboursTC's,Moldovan,we help one another,

get advice on gardening,swap vegetables,pet sit.

I love it here,never been in any trouble,except odd speeding fine.

Yes,I have British friends,some have had problems,but no one wants to return to UK.

I thank God/Allah everyday for letting me live here,next best thing to "Heaven" !!!

Laura,get in touch,we are not all doom and gloom merchants.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 47 in Discussion

Mike

Great to hear of someone living in their embodiment of heaven. However, many are not and until the government do something about the horrendous practices that appear all to common in the TRNC building trade, the TRNC will continue to have a poor reputation. If no one complains, then nothing will ever change. Programmes like this whilst sensationalist, do bring these nefarious practices to the attention of the those outside of the TRNC and would hopefully put pressure on the government to effect change, which lets face it, would benefit every law abiding citizen in the TRNC, would vastly improve the TRNC's image and may just instil some confidence in potential buyers/investors.

Given the current climate, I fail to see what harm such a programme can do.

Paul

apples

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 47 in Discussion

Great response Mike but I am certain you wont be hearing from Laura they are only looking for horror stories that satisfy people who enjoy watching misery TV.

Wouldn't it be great if they made programmes showing people like yourself and many others who absolutely love living in N/C and the positive lifestyle that so many people have achieved after moving to N/C. But am afraid feel good stories do not sell.

honestie

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 47 in Discussion

yep it woiuld be great to have programme made about people loving where they live abroad and I love living abroad but please spare a thought for the situations that a lot of people are in and that is to them like living in a nightmare at a stage in life when they may not recover from it.

Of course for the people who have had no problems why would they want to understand the doom and gloom and the horrendous situation others are living in. Im alright Jack springs to mind. got forbid it could be you.

Nearly everyone knows this country is a a law to itself and has no understanding of decency and respect even to its own not just us expats .tell me if you were in the situation many are in would you not want it exposed and fight for your home because I know I would .

Im a reasonably lucky one but I certainly woulkd rather expose the bad side even just for the sake of those poor unfortunate people rathert saying how happy everyone is.Its not doom and gloom merchants its support

karakum5c

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 47 in Discussion

Good news is NO news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaulW

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 47 in Discussion

I'm sure it would be a good program, after all she has worked on 60 minute makeover and as a runner on Ant & Decs Saturday night takeaway & The Lenny Henry Show.

What are you waiting for contact her.

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 47 in Discussion

I really don't know why certain countries keep getting singled out for special treatment by programmes like Homes From Hell. Yes there are a few people who have had bad experiences regarding property purchase in NC but show me a country where they haven't. And i bet if you compared the numbers to most other countries per capita there would be a lot more problems elsewhere than here in NC. Look at Spain, Greek Cyprus, USA, UK and many more. Why don't Homes From Hell make a programme about how thousands of poor British people will have to move out of there homes and take their children out of school due to the governments cap on housing benefit? Social cleansing of city centres i think it's called!

Brinsley

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 47 in Discussion

I notice Msg 1 has yet to reply to any of the comments made, this should help.......................!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eyqEU8Sfv4

Richard

basheer

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 47 in Discussion

My friend saw something about north Cyprus on tv last week

anyone else maybe related to this

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 47 in Discussion

NoveltyBubble (mess 38)

If you don't understand why the TRNC have been singled out by now you never will!

I don't want another human being to have to cope with the Government Corruption in the TRNC again, your argument about the UK is just such utter rubbish, It doesn't even warrant an answer!

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 47 in Discussion

TRNCV,

You mean the TRNC have a government????? Wonder if they can lie straight in bed at night??

Lilli

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 47 in Discussion

blackpoolfan they can lie at all surely x

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 47 in Discussion

PaulW (mess 37)

I don't care what "she" as you call Ms Laura Stevens has worked on before, at the moment this lady is working on the corruption in the TRNC as well as the ROC, and boy does she have a lot to work on!

Brinsley

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 47 in Discussion

Msg 44

boy does she have a lot to work on! (sic)

There's a man here waiting to sort her out!

Richard

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 47 in Discussion

Tut, Tut, Richard! - You're liable to get a stiff talking to!!!

Brinsley

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 47 in Discussion

Roy

woe betide that I should pick you up but, 'get a stiff talking to' (sic). Should it not be, 'talking toO'! Anyway, she still needs a damn good sorting!

Richard

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.