North Cyprus Tourist Board - need help please for buying property in north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > need help please for buying property in north cyprus

need help please for buying property in north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

maryem

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 00:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

i want to buy a resale villa in ozonkoy.its deeds are exchange deeds.koçan is in sellers name.seller is an english person.i am from pakistan originally but also kktc national(watan daş).please help me if buying will be safe for me or not.

Bradus

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 00:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

no one has a crystal ball and therefore unfortunately, no one can predict if you will be safe or not.

Its pure luck.

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 00:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

maryem,

Who the hell can say! the BRNC Government change the "Goal Posts" every day, what is "Safe" ?

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!.................................

That's the best advice I can give you! but I'm sure someone will inform you of the correct procedures!

Please don't trust any advocates, any estate agents, or any Government Departments, you say you are a kktc national, so I'm sure you don't need our advice?

Maybe Ismet will tell you, as a kktc national if the resale villa in ozankoy on exchange deeds is safe for you?

Good Luck!

Bradus

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 01:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Stick to the no deeds no money rule. Its your only protection. Get PTP before handing over any money.

pollymarples

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 06:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

For goodness sake, dont you read the newspapers. Go away.

MartinM

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 06:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

The key here maryem is that you are a KKTC Vatandas and so you do not need PTP . As a citizen you shouldhave no trouble at all buying the property. What you do need to be careful of is that there is no debt on the property. Unfortunately you will need to use a solicitor to do a "search" to find out if there are any debts. As far as I am aware you do not need to use a solicitor to actually buy and get the deeds transferred to your name. I think you can use a Tasdik Memur. Try Debrelli. Even with all this advantage on your side it still may not be straightforward. Good Luck

Groucho

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 07:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Be aware that there are no solicitors in the TRNC as the legal system that provides for solicitors and barristers in the UK does not exist here. Furthermore the lawyers/advocates have no legally binding duty of care on your behalf so you really really need to find one who exercises due care in spite of this loophole...

The British High Commission have a list of approved lawyers, it's very low in numbers despite the proliferation of lawyers on the island. You can email them (visit their web site) and they will send you the list.

Good luck! (You'll need it......)

Groucho

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

http://ukincyprus.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/when-things-go-wrong/if-you-need-lawyer/list-lawyers-north-cyprus

Here's a link to the list...

compass

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

My suggestion would be to request the sellers meet with you at a your solicitors office ( one which you trust obviously) and bring along all relevant documents regarding the house etc.

If they have nothing to hide and the documents are in order they should happily agree to this.

Your solicitor may suggest some more checks you can do, certainly you need to confirm there is no outstanding debts on the property as well.

Good luck

Compass

maryem

Message Posted:
05/11/2010 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

thanks every body.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.