North Cyprus Tourist Board - People who complain about builds & Kocan question
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > People who complain about builds & Kocan question

People who complain about builds & Kocan question

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
28/08/2008 08:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 45 in Discussion

Is it true that if a builder has his/her feathers ruffled here and gets the hump that they can refuse to give the Kocan cut off their water & electric to people who have bought property, or worse still demand more money for the kocan, surely not ???

ripoffrock

Message Posted:
28/08/2008 08:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 45 in Discussion

Unfortunately, Yes to all

punk rocker

Message Posted:
28/08/2008 15:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 45 in Discussion

Some builders seemingly do have the right to refuse to issue Kocan if they have a grievance with buyers or if buyers have agrievance with them, but it would seem that this is only if the builder is Turkish Cypriot, foreign companies have a much harder case to argue it would also seem.

There is also a case at present where the builder said the site was finished and one or two buyers decided to dig their heels in and say it wasn't, while 80% of the buyers had accepted it as finished, and the builder simply said OK no Utilities or Kocan and take us to court because we have a big majority who are happy, it would seem that it is worth treble checking before going to litigation as the builder seems to seldom lose and the foreigner ends up payin huge legal costs.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
28/08/2008 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 45 in Discussion

This is why we need to get the Specific Performance Law repealed to enable us to sue for the title deeds and stop buyers being blackmailed by our vendors.

Please sign the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petitioncyprus/index.html

Sibel

Turtle

Message Posted:
28/08/2008 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 45 in Discussion

Unfortunatly Lazy Days, the builders seem to do as they please without much redress.

mickey rourke

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 07:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 45 in Discussion

our builder had been quite good with us until it came to the hand over, the place was shown on the glossy brochures as having greenery etc and it looked very polished, but when it came to hand over the garden areas had a layer of topsoil and nothing else and was left very dirty, we had a little argument accepted it eventually and then got on with it ourselves, we now have a lovely place and got our Kocan 7 months ago but two of our neibours who made all sorts of demands and went to their lawyers had bills of over £1200 for taking the builder to court, they lost there case and now they have been told by the builder because of that they will wait a long time to get anything from him, makes you think !!

Pipie

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 45 in Discussion

People who are faced with any sort of blackmail/threats/bullying should seek advice form homebuyers pressure group . They are really good and will give advice on anything people have concerns about . people can simply E-mail or visit the Pia Bella on Tuesdays , she has helped me thank goodness .

punk rocker

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 45 in Discussion

Marion Stokes does a great job, but unlike some she never gets involved in these boards and she looks at things objectively, long may she continue to do this work on behalf of people with real grievances, I never miss her meetings

Pipie

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 45 in Discussion

Forgot to say we should all support the Please sign the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petitioncyprus/index.html

This will also help put these un professional people to task .

mickey rourke

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 07:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 45 in Discussion

watching these posts all the time, its the same 'unprofessional' 1 or 2 who seem to have a say on everything, this pipie seems to come in all the time on posts with her stupid inuendo " whats your problem pips "

but for info only i also signed the petition

cocos

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 45 in Discussion

Mickey Rourke you asked what was Pipies problem, but from your own post you have said that whilst you had a good experience with your builder, others have not and have now effectively been threatened/blackmailed they will not get what they paid for. Herein lies the problem of many people here. It is unacceptable, it is unfair and it is unjust!

Pipie

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 11:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 45 in Discussion

Micky rouke

Maybe you have a problem with people speaking out about injustice , well i and others on this forum do not , and the more people that are aware of where to go and what to do if they have problems can only be a good thing .

I presume that you views are in the minority . Let us see .

girne 29

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 45 in Discussion

mickeyrourke

Reading message 6,

Basically you were smart and your 2 neighbours were silly.(hope they are not reading this thread the communal spirit on your site must be brill.)

Your neighbours decided,and paid the cost financially, that the builder should be held to account rather than them just bending over .Maybe being told to piss off by the builder hurt their pride ,a problem you didnt have.At least give them credit for trying,if they had won their case would you have refused the communal benifits,or would you have told them you really knew all along they were right.

As for PIPIE or anyone else speaking out, its not your business to deny them that freedom of speech but rather to argue against what they say.

This is an information site, not just a good info site nor just a bad info site,

The days of hiding things under the carpet are gone ,it is always a short term solution anyway.Hopefully by bringing everything out in the open ,problems will be noted and corrected, our investment and future in the TRNC helped .

One good thing about your message is that a least your neighbours know you have your Kocan, and therefore theirs must be ready as well,so they can take comfort in knowing there kocan is complete and merely has to be physically handed over.

mickey rourke

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 07:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 45 in Discussion

Girne 29 i agree with all you say, with one exception is it my opinion only though?? have you ever stopped to wonder why things are in such a mess here, my opinion is that while there are SOME people who have been dealt a really bad hand here, others have not and as orangekazzie says on another thread they are just whingers and moaners, look over the posts in the past 3 months approx ( i was a reader then decided to join) certain people have come in and just whinge, they never post THEIR OWN problems they just continuously dig and for my money muck rake, could these people perhaps be contributing to the downfall of this country.

You say HOPEFULLY by bringing everything out into the open, problems will be noted and corrected, very doubtful, the make up of the TC person, be he a builder or whatever, is, if you become beligerent with them they will walk away and do nothing for you as is being proved day in day out here, if they are treated with respect and a softly softly approach then you will find they are very obliging people.

Do you ever stop and wonder why Marion Stokes never contributes to these gossip boards ?? us whingeing brits have done ourselves no favours over the past 5years

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 09:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 45 in Discussion

M.R.

OK, you made your point the first time. LOLOL!!!!!

While I agree with your generalisation of "whingers" it is unfortunate that there is a sizeable number of people who post here who have real problems.

One point is that people often dare not state their personal case because most of the builders and developers read these BB's. And yes, these people are so vindictive that they would take action against the poster, for that one you just have to believe me from experiences I certainly would not discuss on a public forum. I also agree with your softly, softly approach although at times you just want to break heads with an iron bar!!

As with many things, the majority of people who have bought here have had few problems and do not feel the need to post on these forums, so it is obvious the ones who do post are of two groups. First those with genuine problems, which is the majority and then those who just like to stir up trouble.

You really have to try to get into the mind of someone who has sat in an unfinished house for several years with no mains water and paying a kings ransom for electric. Sometimes the elastic does snap and you loose your temper. Again from experience, if you loose your temper but can control the effects it is amazing how our Cyprot friends react, remember your management training - assertive as opposed to aggression.

Pipie

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 45 in Discussion

Micky rouke .

We are talking about people who bave have had a bad deal , and if people do complain as you say , what are they surpose to do ?

So you call all of the following whinging/moaning

we are talking about people who have there property's handed over late , with builders not adhering to any compensation not by just a few weeks here but late running into over a year some time years

We are talking about properties handed over without proper connection to water/electricity .

We are talking about builders demanding monies for extras which were not in the original contract .

We are talking about sites not bieng finshed 4 years on .

We are talking about maintenence monies being demanded for in advance hefty contingincy funds , when sites are clearly not finished .

We are talking about the harrasment that if people do not pay after suffering all of this .

We are talking about having to deal with this having to deal with issues thousand of miles as away as solicitors/advocates have had there money and are not interested in there obligations , remember this year with the stamp duty issue .this is just one example

We are talking about then trying to sort out problems /issues /concerns with no response to E-mails /phone calls .or any sort of communication .

And you have the audacity to tell us to try a softly softly approach , well all i can say is this, some of us have had eneough and by looking at the downfall in the economy in the TRNC , this is how it will continue to suffer until us buyers start being treated respectfully , but judging by youre remarks of having to become beligerent in order to simply get issues addressed some us have done that wore the t/shirt .

Just look at the HOME BUYERS PRESSURE GROUP WEBSITE , people are starting to speak out get together , naming and shaming propities/sites that are not finished .

Can i ask if you are brave eneough, what you have said on this board you say at the next meeting at the home buyers pressure group and let us see what response you have there .

Pipie

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 45 in Discussion

Please sign the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petitioncyprus/index.html

This will help stop the above happening .

mickey rourke

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 11:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 45 in Discussion

Dear Pipie

I will deal with your points one by one

Late delivery of properties, "happens everywhere" do check it out even in England MANY MONTHS IN MANY CASES.

in most cases where properties are handed over without proper connection to electric and water the builder supplies free water and electric!! (why accept hand over if dissatisfied)

Were the extras in the contract ? or did the purchaser ask "could you do this instead" "I would prefer that here or there", in that case it IS an extra and the purchaser is entitled to pay, and every house built in TRNC has to pay extra for connection to the grid.

Sites not being finished 4 years on, "define finished" are people living on these sites ?, have people accepted their keys ? are any rented out ? if the answer is yes to any of these things then the argument is very weak.

Maintenance monies, if a site/complex have a management company who are working on the place they deserve to be paid, most of these places in TRNC ask for monies towards a delapidations fund as most reasonable owners realise that periodic extra and unforseen expenditure will be necessary, some ask for exhorbitant amounts which I personally disagree with but £500 and £55 monthly in my opinion would be reasonable.

Harrassment, "ah well" again what is harrassment, is asking for the money you think you are due "harassment" if you demand money with menaces then that could be "harassment"

Advocates not doing their jobs - you being 1000's of miles away, surely it is not the advocates fault you are 1000's of miles away, and yes some advocates are slow to respond/never respond to certain people and their problems, there could be several reasons for this, perhaps the Advocate has had a fee of £1000/£1200 for conveyancing a purchase, and suddenly they are dealing with loads of extra work on behalf of one or two unreasonable clients

(in the advocates eyes, unreasonable)

Trying to sort out problems/issues/concerns without any sort of communication? Have you tried going to face the Advocate/management people/builders and voice your concerns, before using these boards to vent your anger/frustration etc

I most certainly have the audacity to say what I said, and if some of you (your words) have had enough, please feel free to pack up and go, and please let those of us who have not had enough, get on with living in and enjoying this country, because if you bought a property here your continual tirades are certainly helping the rest of the world to decide NOT to purchase it from you "AT ANY COST" so do not bleat about not being able to sell your property (for your massive dreamt of profit) in the future and remember YOU contributed to this state of affairs by telling the potential purchasers the place is S**t

I rest my case m'lud

And believe me I have many T shirts.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 45 in Discussion

Crikey I only wanted to know about the Kocan

Pipie

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 45 in Discussion

Mickey rourke

You could not deal a pack of cards judging by the way you deal with things

re late delivery we are talking years here not months, what do you say to that ?

Why should we accept temp utility supplies especially if buying off plan develpers had 4 years to get there house in order

accepting handover with the hope of a finished site is a softly softly approach look where it has got people , rememeber youre words .

Extras , we are not talking about extras we are talkling about a contract that is set out then the builder chooses to charge extra for what already is in the contract . PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

People have no alternative but to live on these unfinished sites if they have sold up in and need accomodation ,

a define of finish is where all what was promised is in situ adhering to the contract , example , if you say that sauna, steam room , mini golf , access to beach is not in situ then site is not finished .

Maintenence why should owners pay if example the above is not in situ .

ADVOCATES /SOLICITORS maybe they are also working for the developers builders , so there fore it is a no win situation , no help for the buyer is it ? !!!

If builders /maintenence companies refuse to answer polite E-mails then how can meetings be set up. !!!!

The last part of your'e answer indicates that you are losing the debate as it does not make sense , it also indicates you are probably one of these ruthless builders who pray on people in the hope they will accept the keys shut up and pay up , you need to take on board that there are people out there who will not put with this type of behavour, by setting youre own guidelines as you have shown , will youre sort will never change , i doubt it .

I would be interested to see if you are brave eneough to repeat all of what you have said at the next HOME BUYERS PRESSURE GROUP meeting .

Man or mouse ?

Lazy days

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 45 in Discussion

crikey pipie you are getting really steamed up again it seems that the whole world is ganging up on you, no really you accused me of being someone else as well, remember, why do you not come down to Moulos tonight and we will have a friendly chat over an iced tea for me and whatever you drink I will be there from 6pm till around 7.30, they know me just ask for Alison, as I said in earlier posts things usually get sorted here sooner or later, but you are going to cause yourself to have an ulcer.

PS something I find strange about your posts, sometimes you are quite articulate other times your grammar is way off, possibly suggesting there are two or even three people using the nom de plume pipie.

Also you seem to have jumped right on to the HOME BUYERS PRESSURE GROUP bandwagon, good luck as it is the right way to go if you have genuine concerns, look forward to meeting you this evening

Alison Black

PtePike

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 45 in Discussion

Pipie raises vital points. People who sit back and do nothing in the TRNC will be royally screwed. Not only that but they will scew it up for others coming after them. Why do you think "advocates" have the audacity to charge up to £1200 for conveyencing that could be done by the most junior and unqualified clerk or more to the point, the buyers themselves along with a fixed price notar? People just don't stop to think. They fall in love with the idea of owning something they really want at the time. We're all guilty of it - take a look in my wardrobe (ignoring the catsuits). They should remember that many developers and builders now see Brits are being unbelievably stupid, gullible and easy to please. They have the morals of an alley cat and should be treated accordingly.

Obviously there's exceptions to the rule but it's only those if us who've been around who know this. So we should all pool and share our knowledge. Justice and fair play is an unknown commodity in the TRNC (and only recently rediscovered in the south). People don't know what they're getting themselves into. I'm not going to be all *rsey about my morality/title deeds thing. Everyone knows that's my default position and what else to expect from someone with an aid agency background. But nobody deseves to be ripped off and I get very suspicious when i appears victims with truly horrendous experiences are being silenced by some people.

Pipie

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 45 in Discussion

Lazy days thanks for invite , but it would be difficullt me bieng a thousand miles away , it does appear that a few bogus names confront me , but as you can see i can hold my own , and i always use the same name , as i do not hide behind anyone ,can you say the same !!!! if i do get an ulcer then at least it is treatable , better that living with a conciense inflicting injustice on innocent buyers ., that is with someone for the rest of there lives .

girne 29

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 45 in Discussion

Mickey rourkey

message 14

Sorry have misunderstood ,you didnt mention that your neighbours were belligerent, that never helps anywhere, not just TRNC. However the softly, softly approach didnt work either as you had to complete yourself.

I managed to complain on several matters without being belligerent nor going softly ,softly and everything ended up to our mutual satisfaction. Having worked with the public and being at the sharp end of belligerence ,I try to treat others as I would I would like myself treated.

If the message is ,dont complain about your property build, and you will get your deeds,then as a potential purchaser ,alarms would ring.

People cant get their deeds because the system is a mess, specific performance law etc,not because people give their views.

The company I work for asks people to fill in complaint/praise sheets ,that helps us become better ,we want people to give their views, not go away bitter and tell their friends. We do not rip up all the bad views and just publish the good.

My builder has been good and I got what I paid for. Hardly a cross word has been said in the last 5 years apart from contract interpretation.,however it hasnt made one bit of difference in me getting my deeds. You have been lucky in getting yours so quickly and you can tell everyone that fact when asked,also helps people in deciding to choose your developer,and avoid the long wait

I will tell anyone that asks the opposite, that getting deeds is a problem.

Marion Stokes doesnt contribute to this site because she has a whole site dedicated to alleviating the problem of house purchase. and it wasnt set up to tell everybody how good everything is.I am sure she wouldnt tell others not to give views good or bad on property purchase.Having seen her on the TV she certainly did not think things were fine.

I agree with you that there are many who stir it up for no other reason than that they dislike the trnc, some are obviously Greek or GC,but their views can be of interest and taken account of ,except those who are bitterly opposed politically and and have no time for the turks..I dont like the ones tho who pretend to be other than what they are tho.different names ,same grammar.

Some complain about everything wherever they are in the world.

I also believe that many who complain about the bad publicity surrounding property purchase are upset that they cant now sell up and leave.Likewise many who bought as a quick investment in the heady days of 2004 are also keen to promote everything as being fine.

My personal opinion is that things will happen for the better over the next couple of years ,as some form of settlement will happen(hopefully Bi-zonal) or if no settlement than recognition is also a cert. .When that happens EU recognition and trade.With that will come the responsibility for the north to change and adhere to proper law and enforcement as recognised in EU.

Pipie

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 15:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 45 in Discussion

Micky rourke .

I would like to ask where youre development is and the name of the buider as you got youre deeds so quickly we could all pat him on the back and reccomend him ??????????!!!!!!

brandy sour

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 45 in Discussion

Here is a question for some one ? what if you have just had your permission to purchase your villa or apartment and is finish can the builder for what ever reason refuse to give your Kocan do they have the power to do that

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 45 in Discussion

Brandysour - yes, unfortunately this is true and it is becoming an increasing problem here. Not only the fact that you are being denied the title deeds for what you have contractually paid for, but also there are associated problems that go with this, such as being blackmailed, harassed, threatened etc because the vendor "still holds the title deeds." This is why we all need to sign the peition to amend the specific performance law:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petitioncyprus/index.html

In order to make positive and constructive changes in the law we all need to support this petition to make the system better for everyone.

Sibel

mickey rourke

Message Posted:
01/09/2008 07:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 45 in Discussion

Pipie,

no problem

My builder is INKA and my villa is one of 8 built between 2000 & 2004, at Iskele mine was completed in Sept 2003 although we had to do the clean up ourselves as the landscaped garden left a lot to be desired,

pray tell me what did your builder SAY to you to get you so upset, PRECISELY then we will maybe start to understand you are asked a lot of direct questions on the various threads but you never give direct answers, just pick out certain pieces of info and ignore the rest, and this makes me for one very suspicious of your motive and intent

Lazy days

Message Posted:
01/09/2008 08:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 45 in Discussion

Hi Pipie well the invitation is always there hope youget over soon and we can meet up

Pipie

Message Posted:
01/09/2008 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 45 in Discussion

Micky rourke .

because if you bought a property here your continual tirades are certainly helping the rest of the world to decide NOT to purchase it from you "AT ANY COST" so do not bleat about not being able to sell your property (for your massive dreamt of profit) in the future and remember YOU contributed to this state of affairs by telling the potential purchasers the place is S**t

I rest my case m'lud

And believe me I have many T shirts.

Regarding the above .

I have never said any of that i accuse you of lying and request an apology .

Regarding INKA could i request an address as recomendations are always good .

Why do you ask for individual happenings , my posts are supporting cases or is the request from you disguise another motive .

Why should you be suspicious , just go along to the HOME BUYERS PRESSURE GROUP , state all what you have said and let us see the response , i ask you will you be doing that ?

Regarding youre personal purchase i am so glad it went well , but i am suspicious of youre defending re message 18 , you speak as a villa owner yet appear to have knowledge of maintenence companies and how they operate .

Well i and others also have first hand experience of maintenence companies , who's offices are a glow with directors and not a cleaner in sight , where they pray on telling people that payments are compulsary , threatening letters , and could not care two hoots about customer services even to the point not answering corespondence , losing sight that complexes belong to owners .

Pipie

Message Posted:
01/09/2008 15:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 45 in Discussion

Punk rocker

YOU WROTE .

would seem that it is worth treble checking before going to litigation as the builder seems to seldom lose and the foreigner ends up payin huge legal costs.

OK so give me an examples

Some builders seemingly do have the right to refuse to issue Kocan if they have a grievance with buyers .

This is appalling so glad you have bought it to the forum for all to see.

So if this is true to all that is reading this is this acceptable , we must all sign petition to stop this

happening. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petitioncyprus/index.html

I look forward to youre reply Punk Rocker .

Pipie

Message Posted:
01/09/2008 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 45 in Discussion

Lazy days re youre comments .

Message Posted:

31/08/2008 10:56

Reply Message 21 of 31 in Discussion

crikey pipie you are getting really steamed up again it seems that the whole world is ganging up on you

now this is an interesting comment as reading the posts you are refering to it is from same guises who clearly do not support any of my posts that condems , harrasment ,threats , and disrespectful behaviour towards innocent contract abiding people .

Note , none are from anybody else .

Again i say you do not have to be columbo to work this out .

I do thank you for the offer of the drink though . Cheers

oddbod

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 16:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 45 in Discussion

Pipie I dont post ofter but i read a lot on the forum and i am one of the ANYBODY ELSES praps the majority see what your agenda is and want nothing to do with it

Pipie

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 45 in Discussion

oddbod

Could i ask what you think my agender is ?

brandy sour

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 45 in Discussion

PIPIE

How is it when i look round this forum i find you having slagging match with someone perhaps you need to go to anger management course.

ishmail

Message Posted:
03/09/2008 16:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 45 in Discussion

I got to say you got it ok on this one brandy she get every where big proble lady out too make truoble but will not say why

Pipie

Message Posted:
03/09/2008 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 45 in Discussion

Hello Ishmael

could you explain please for all to understand .

HildySmith

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 45 in Discussion

Is this still open for signatures?

scruff

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 01:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 45 in Discussion

The only person that can transfer title is the Landowner who holds the Kocan. This may be the builder but it isn't always.

It is not just some builders/landowners who can decide not to transfer title. All landowners can make this decision & there isn't a thing that the buyer can do about it. This is what Sibil & HBPG have been saying for years now, but not surprisingly, buyers do not want to believe this. It leaves a nasty feeling in the pit of your stomach doesn't it?

Your only alternative is to go to Court & sue the landowner for damages (the cost & improvements made to the house). This will take some years to get to Court, is costly & even if you win you then have to get the money.

I know. I'm in this process have been for nearly 8 yrs now.

Why will nobody believe that this is not the UK.?

bugsy

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 07:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 45 in Discussion

hi we have had our kocan for the land for a couple of years and are in the process of parcelisation there are 6 villas which are all sold and have been finished 5 years only to be told by the builder a new rule has been brought in which requires us to have 3 fire hydrants in our street which we have to pay for has anyone else been told this and if so does anyone how much this costs thanks

Ozbey

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 45 in Discussion

bugsy,

Very funny, or if true it sounds like your builder is getting desperate for work/money.

Never heard of this (nor have I ever seen a fire hydrant anywhere in TRNC) - however, nothing surprises me here - new stupid regulations can, and do, appear overnight.

Where would the water come from for these hydrants? The local main? What if the fire occurs during the 23 hours when your main is turned off?

Regards,

Ozbey.

Tatlisu4me

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 45 in Discussion

Agree with all you say Osbey, Bugsy check the rules with your exsisting advocate. He/She should not charge for this info.

Tatlisu4me

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 45 in Discussion

Scruff you are quite right this is not the UK, and hopefully the new goverment will do something about this situation and get involved with HBPG. (Don,t hold your breath)

brandy sour

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 45 in Discussion

We have been told you can pay all the builders taxes and still it does not guarantee you will get your Kocan because the builder has to do their legal stuff which at this moment in time is not interested because they want us all to pay their taxes and owners are not budging which is understandable because the site and SOME apartments are a sham.

Just the other week apartment owner decided to get another builder in to finish of their apartment because they have ran out money and will not have things done the builder got wind of this turned up on site and told them to get of my site and took their fuse so work could not continue in their apartment all they are doing is sorting out the mess that they are refusing to do which all owners have payed good money for.

Oh i forgot say some one from the government has to come out and declare the site finish and that takes months as well so deep joy on this site for all of us.

AlexF065

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 45 in Discussion

Dear Mr Rorke

late delivery does happen in ENGLAND I agree .but you have not paid any funds over as there are not stage payments when dealing with large builders.

A house 3 houses back was 3 months late so we had to place our goods in storage and wait the builders paid the storage costs and helped us out buy doing more than they were supposed to carpets and back lawn ect

I do not read of this happening in TRNC all i read about are that the vast majority of folk are having problems some very very major problems perhaps you have been one of the very few lucky ones or you just hapily accept what you are given?

but some folk see greatstones threads are 2 years odd without electricity NOT GOOD!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.