North Cyprus Tourist Board - BRS - does it do anything about the Cat and Dog problem ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > BRS - does it do anything about the Cat and Dog problem ?

BRS - does it do anything about the Cat and Dog problem ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

the2ofus

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

According to their hand book one of their aims is to -

"advise and assist members and to make representations on their behalf to the authorities ..." Prof Clement Dodd.

Have they made any representations to the authorities about many of the problems raised here time and time again by residents ? I assume that some of the KAR critics on this board are BRS members - have they appraoached the BRS about the stray problem - have representations been made ? Have any representations been made about the poisonings that everyone is concerned about ? Have represenations been made about the neglect/cruelty etc that upset people ? Have representations been made about the massively increased vet costs which affect ALL pet owners ?

It may be that the answer is yes - Representations have been made but i haven't seen any coverage of it.

Why do they seem to fund raise for SPOT ( a worthwhile project) yet do little, if anything, for the dogs and cats that their residents are so concerned about ?

yenibob

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 10:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Become a member and you can ask them. If you find then that they are not addressing YOUR issues, you can then raise it yourself.

Though I must admit your last sentence would seem to indicate you have already decided.

Rocker

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 10:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Have you tried their web site or e-mail Stephen Day on steveday@sunnycyprus.net

Rocker

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I'd prefer the BRS and KAR both concentrate on their forte. No need for me to see the BRS get mixed up in the dog-and-cat ado in TRNC and/or on C44.

the2ofus

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Over the last week or so (and many times previously) much has been put on this forum critisising KAR and its practises and failures when possibly there is another potential avenue open - The BRS. If the cat and dog problems are affecting their members (or residents) and are causing their members (or residents) so many problems/distress then maybe BRS could "make representation to the authorities" about the problem.

Is it really the case that only 1 organisation (KAR) can deal with Animal issues and no other organisation can also do whatever they can to help - for example BRS raising the problems with the authorities ? I am not saying that BRS need/should help KAR - but can they help the overall problem ? it is a problem that is affecting "residents" of TRNC on a regular basis.

Yenibob - the same applies to the many posters on here about KAR. I am a member of BRS - i have not said i disagree with what they do/not do - merely raised a possible alternative for some anti KAR posters.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.