North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pet Shop n The South
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pet Shop n The South

Pet Shop n The South

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
13/11/2010 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Does anyone know if the Pet Shop by Orphanides is still open.? I think it's called Shark. It's ages snce I have been across, but really need some more cat food(not the stuff you get in supermarkets).

JKSLapta

Message Posted:
13/11/2010 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

It was still open a couple of weeks ago when we went across.

Tinkie

Message Posted:
13/11/2010 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Hi stellastar, if its Eukanuba or Royal Canin that your cat eats then I think its now cheaper to buy it here. My dog is on Eukanuba and when I checked in the south on Monday it was cheaper here by about £4 a bag for the small one. Supermarket stuff like Kit-e-kat and Friskies is much cheaper in the south though.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
13/11/2010 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

msg 1;

No it isn't.Was there this week and it, with many other shops were closed.

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
14/11/2010 16:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

No it's Science Diet I need. I have tried,but my cats refuse to eat Eukanuba or IAMS. I used to believe that Royal Canin was one of the better makes,but I have just discovered it has BHA in it, which is a bad additive. One of my Maine Coons has just been diagnosed with the equivalent of needing a new elbow joint( like a hip replacement). On the x-ray, the joint/ball is completely worn away, and its just bone angainst bone. He is in a terrible state (as am I, I had to have one of my other cats put to sleep 2 weeks ago), but he needs to eat only the best quality cat food, with no harmful additives, BHA and BHT nitrates being 2 of them. Actually he needs to eat anything, he's not eating at the moment, and I've tried everything(and I mean everything) he can hardly walk, it's terrible to see. As this is North Cyprus, they don't have Metacam which is the anti-inflamitory he needs., so am trying to get it on the internet, Pertev believes we can conrol it though with food and medicine.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
14/11/2010 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

stellastar1/msg 5:

I bet a few Somalians, or Ethiopians, would be more than grateful to be able to eat what your cats are being fed......

Lilli

Message Posted:
14/11/2010 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

stella can i get you anything when we next go over x Tenk I know what you say but you more than anyone know these become part of our family. We would give to these people only to make the powers that be rich.You know you would think a dog would eat anything when they are hungry. Tess the latest dumped on me dog will only eat meat. Parma, salami, boiled ham steak . you name it. turns her nose up at pasta. I do not like giving her so much protein so i try to mix things with rice. two of the others eat anything dried, fresh no worries. My staffi is so fussy he wants human foo. he has to have what we eat x

AllyTT

Message Posted:
14/11/2010 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Lilli - you're doing the best thing, don't worry about the protein because meat itself only contains 20-25% protein - the same levels as most dog food. The only difference being you're feeding good quality proteins that she can digest properly. She's refusing pasta so she probably knows she doesn't need carbs

lulubell

Message Posted:
14/11/2010 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

hi stellastar have you tried a drug called Cartophen for your cat as an alternative,I am not sure if this is available here but I have been told it is better tolerated by cats as Metecam can lead to kidney failure.I hope all goes well for your cat.Best wishes for you,lulubell

Lilli

Message Posted:
14/11/2010 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Ally thank you, thats put my mind at rest. She is a real madame. Today I tried to mix mashed potato with her lamb and chopped up yorksire. She loved that. Guess what she went for first. pork crackling. strange girl. i think next sunday lunch i will serve her a glass of chablis to wash it down with. I love her to bits, she is every inch a lady, I only wish and it is my greatest wish I could find her a home. She is my longest doggy tennant. I want a home if possible with children as she has so much energy. Loving my god she loves everyone and my customers love her, i just want someone who can give her what I cant TIME x

cyprusharv

Message Posted:
14/11/2010 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

I was in the Orphanedes shopping centre a few weeks ago at "Shark" was open although Ellias DIY and McDonalds have gone.

Maybe it is closed now if Yorgozlu was there this week but if they have re-located I'm sure they'll have a new address or contact number on the door/window there. Probably worth going to check it out.

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
14/11/2010 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Thanks for all your helpful comments, and Lilli, thanks for the offer, but I do have friends coming in December and they said they will brng anything I need. Lulubell, thanks for that suggestion, as I know that Metacam is not good for the cats, but as yet no one has come up with a drug like that, that is suitable for cats. shall go on the internet and check it out. What we do for our animals.

Liz, has Tess asked for apple pie and custard yet, for pudding. I do hope one day you find a home for her.

By the way Tenakoutou, was that comment really necessary, I know their are people starving in the world, my mother was always telling me that when I didn't eat up all my food. Lets face it, the world can be, and is, a terrible place to live. I know my heartache might be nothing to some people, but to me it is very real.

cyprusbreeze

Message Posted:
14/11/2010 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

There is a really good pet shop in the south called Pet City. If you head into Nicosia past by turning left at the first big roundabout when you have crossed over, keep going until you reach the starbucks junction and make a left. It is on the left along there

cyprusharv

Message Posted:
30/12/2010 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Just to confirm that "Shark" Pet Shop is still open in Orphanedes Shopping Mall

Groucho

Message Posted:
30/12/2010 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Yes we went there only two days ago.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.