North Cyprus Tourist Board - Crossing from the south to north with property details/brochures
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Crossing from the south to north with property details/brochures

Crossing from the south to north with property details/brochures

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

Capt Potato

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I've heard reports in the UK that people going to the north to view properties are being hassled on the Greek side if they have leaflets or brochures/ estate agent's details. can anyone confirm if this is happening?

RedSnapper

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

i`m no expert but i think it`s commonly known that this can or did land you in the soup if caught with the wrong type of paperwork about your person. i was told by my developer not to take any thing with me if flying out of larnaca after i`d done it. been told that two israeli businessmen were arrested and locked up last year, also told that a woman passenger on cyprus air was arrested on landing at larnaca after the stewardess overheard her excelling about her trnc purchase. don`t know if it`s kosher.. i was stopped and everything taken out of my case at metehan last june by a horrible little roc customs official and i mean everything and then being asked where i`d stayed in the north.

rocky

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

this border thing is ridiculous its about time we brits took the whole Island back and also the USA. Lets have some sensible international strategies (we may need a change of leader or government in UK first though)

Pipie

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

I would never take documents over to the South , what happened to that lady who was arrested never heard did anyone else ?

Hilltop

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Best avoided if possible, though your chances of being checked on the way North by the GCs is almost nil. Might be worth disguising anything you would not want to be found with.

If the docs are not signed, put them on a CD/DVD and mark them as a film (get them printed here ((internet cafe)). Once signed post them back to your UK address.

HT

spook

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Hilltop

Yet to find an internet cafe in the TRNC who have a printer,tried 4 during my last visit trying to print online boarding cards (my friendly car hire company obliged) would be handy to know location if possible

Regards Spook

Aussie

Message Posted:
29/08/2008 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Spook

There are many that print including Mavi Internet who have two shops (I find mavi 1 is best Mavi 2 has the gaming machines). It is a couple of blocks down from the Pia Bella hotel towards Girne. Otherwise in the other direction Deniz Plaza on the main road to Lapta in the basement level is good and there is also an internet cafe on the over side of the road to HSBC in Kyrenia maybe 50-100 meters down the road that is also helpful/good. Should cost about 0.25 YTL per page black and white colour 1 YLT.

Aussie

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.