North Cyprus Tourist Board - any advice for ADSL?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > any advice for ADSL?

any advice for ADSL?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

charb

Message Posted:
14/11/2010 21:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

which of the ADSL brands is the best? what is your suggestion about the connection speed to watch videos without delay? Thanks in advance...

inigo

Message Posted:
14/11/2010 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Nethouse networks seems cheapestbut I use the Comtech Adsl 2mb(some recommend them).Download speed is 1,7mb not fluctuating too much,only saturday evenings drops to 1,4mb.2mb is fair enough as we can watch online or skype in two different pcs at the same time.

One important advise;Pls check with telekom office whether your location is close enough from the closest port.Current infrastructure is capable only for 4-5 km distance from a telecom port but none of ISP warns about that.Just because of that reason,there are plenty of cancellations as people are suffering very slow internet and connection problems.

The best thing is to hear from authorised telekom person about your locations status or try only one month.Afterwards you can use long term contract discounts

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/11/2010 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

I asked HandN computers about this as they advised someone I know to go for a wireless connection over ADSL. Their response was that the telcos were unreliable.. which seems a little bizarre - judging by

a) experience of anywhere else where wired is most often the preferred option - if you can get it

b) folk complaining on here

The advice in msg 2 is VERY sound - re distance from the exchange - NOTE - this is by cable distance - the closer one is - the better the speed.

nostradamus

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 08:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I use Xrealnet via local agents Haypem. Switched to them early this year and no real problems at all - it's been down very briefly a couple of times and they have acted very quickly to sort it. I have 4 mb, in reality about 3.6 but happy with it and will certainly renew after the year is up.

charb

Message Posted:
18/11/2010 23:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

thanks... actually I wasn't aware of this distance thing. I'll go check it out.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.