North Cyprus Tourist Board - Anyone flown Larnaca to Cairo?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Anyone flown Larnaca to Cairo?

Anyone flown Larnaca to Cairo?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
18/11/2010 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

If so, what is the procedure for getting a visa at the airport (terminal 3)? Is there a little office for the stamps you need to put in your passport like at Sharm El Sheik and Luxor airports?

layby_lil

Message Posted:
18/11/2010 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

hi laptamike there is a bank in the airport that issues the visas prior to going thru passport contol ,,they stick them into your passport... you must get this before you go to the passport check. we forgot and had to queue up again costs £10 each

Traveller0392

Message Posted:
18/11/2010 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Whereabouts are you going to in Egypt? . . . The visa is as the previous poster suggested. . . If you are staying in Cairo, the museum and the military museum next to the mosque are worth a visit, watch out for the con men at the bottom of the hill going up to the pyramids at Giza and Luxor is amazing in the valley of the kings.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
19/11/2010 00:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

It's a ponzi, pyramid selling scam, don't touch it unless loaded up with Imodium!

Richard

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
19/11/2010 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Traveller0392. I'm thinking of going to Sharm. I've been to Egypt many times (more than 10 times) but never flown into Cairo. Because it will be an in transit stop on the way to Sharm I'm just not too sure of the procedure. I have always flown direct to Sharm or Luxor from the UK.

Perhaps someone can explain to me what you do when you are getting a connecting flight? Do I have to go through immigration at the airport (Cairo) where I am getting my next flight? Do I need to get my bags? etc etc

stilluvithere

Message Posted:
19/11/2010 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

If you are flying Egyptair all the way then your bags will be checked right through. If you are using different airlines you will have to collect your bags and probably change terminals, good luck

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 00:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

stillluv, thanks. The flights I am looking at are 2 Egyptair flights. So would I just get off the plane and go to the departure lounge and wait for the next flight?

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Good morning, LaptaMike! I hope you enjoy your trip to Egypt, but check whether your hotel is in a Moslim area (no alcohol served) or a mixed one (you'll find the well known hotels from big international chains near the river Nile). Buy your bottled water any place, but always check if the cap is still factory closed. :-( Be very careful when visiting (small) restaurants or you may suffer Montezuma's revenge for days. If you touch the worthless Egyptian pound notes - wash your hands thoroughly , because researchers counted 900 (!) different bacteria on such notes. Interesting country, Egypt, but too bad there are so many Egyptians...

And don't forget to visit Cairos Castle of Saladin (the Arab hero - actually a Kurd - who united the Arabs against the Crusaders and kicked them out of the Holy land...

More about Cairo here: http://www.allcrusades.com/CASTLES_COUNTRIES/castles_egypt_overview-1.html

yrret

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

LM,

You will enter Egypt at the the 'port of entry', Cairo, so you will clear customs, immigration there - with your bags.

In Term 3 you will buy a visa stamp at one of the money exchanges then go to the immigration desk

I do this and come here every month.

You will then go to the domestic flights to connect on to Sharm.

frankedad

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

how much are the flights roughly ????

Pugwash

Message Posted:
22/11/2010 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

That's not very nice DC I know some very nice Egyptian people.

Interesting country, Egypt, but too bad there are so many Egyptians...

famagusta99

Message Posted:
23/11/2010 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

I flew Larnaca-Cairo-Sharm, and back, this February. All 4 flights were booked through Egyptairs web-site:

http://www.egyptair.com/English/Pages/SplashPage.aspx

Basically: it was just to follow the crowd; and yes, you have to have the cash ready for buying visa at the Cairo airport.

However; one thing to note: the luggage went through direct to Sharm. So when we arrived at Sharm the passengers were divided into two groups: we who came from outside Egypt were then taken into a different "hangar" and got our luggage there, and had to go through customs there.

I have never experienced that passengers from the same flight get their luggage at two different places! Just note that when all those officials ask you what flights you have come on that day...there is a reason. They want to know what reception area to direct you.

It might have changed by now...both the airports at Cairo and at Sharm were brand new (and very nice; I especially liked the design of the Sharm one)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.