North Cyprus Tourist Board - Gold for government employees in North Cyprus?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Gold for government employees in North Cyprus?

Gold for government employees in North Cyprus?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Just read the 'link' below to see what's going on in the South - you'll be flabbergasted!

Because this is a public forum, I decline to post what my TC friends have said what the situation is here!

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/civil-service/call-end-preferential-treatment-public-servants/20101119

elko2

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Here in TRNC we have two sectors, Public and Private and the former earns about three times the latter. Turkey forced a new law so that new starters will start off with much lower wages in the civil service. Unions are up in arms but it is a step in the right direction. The unions can go to help. I am always for social justice and at the moment what we have in TRNC is not jsut.

ismet

pc4854

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

What a crazy situation it is here. Last year I met the electrician who worked on building my villa six years ago, he was in a secuity officers uniform at a government site. When I asked him what went wrong, he told me that he was so much better off as a security guard than working all hours as an electrician and that he was lucky he knew the right person to land this plum position. If they all work like that the country is going backwards, not forwards.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.