North Cyprus Tourist Board - Immigration to North Cyprus - sole custody??
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Immigration to North Cyprus - sole custody??

Immigration to North Cyprus - sole custody??

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

jj2010

Message Posted:
24/11/2010 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

My husband (british) and I (german) would like to move to North Cyprus with our daughter (4 years) and my son (8 years) from my first marriage.

Unfortunately, I can not find any official websites to help if I need sole custody to do so or if the physical custody (where the father would agree to the move) would be enough for the officials.

Can anybody help, please?

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
24/11/2010 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I should imagine that as long as you have all the relevent documents for your children - i.e. passports, birth certificates etc you will have no problem bringing your children with you to live in the TRNC.

The only time you may have a problem is if your ex-husband actually opposes the move to authorities in your home country and they then contact the authorities here. Providing he is happy with the move you will have no issues.

I know people here from the UK in the same situation and no questions have ever been asked.

Hope this helps.

G

numpty

Message Posted:
24/11/2010 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Hi we have our 2 year old granddaughter with us,she has been here for 1 year now, we do have a court order for her to be with us, but we have never been asked for any paper work at Ercan, the only time we are asked for proof that she can be with us is when we return to the UK for a holiday, Hope this helps.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
24/11/2010 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

This is a good Q

I travelled with my younger daughter ( I am the non resident parent) and was NEVER challenged when entering the RoC, nor leaving the UK.. I had a Court Order AND Mum's permission - but I just wasn't asked.. We went over and weren't asked at the SBA crossing in either direction..

jj2010

Message Posted:
24/11/2010 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks for your replies. Are there no documents needed to proof residence? say for schools? insurance?

Carndi

Message Posted:
24/11/2010 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Our grandaughter lived with us since she was 11 and we came here when she was 13. The only paperwork we had was an aggreement signed by her parents that she could live with us.

She attended school here and just went back to the UK when she was 21.

There was never any trouble getting student's residency,nor after leaving school,adult residency.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.