North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency Regulations Question
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency Regulations Question

Residency Regulations Question

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

waddo

Message Posted:
24/11/2010 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Only reply if you know for absolute sure please - I will accept answers based on information more than 3 seconds but not more than 2 weeks old!!!!!

To gain residency - temp or permanent and I know that permanent is not possible at this time - do you HAVE to prove either ownership or rental agreement or lease agreement????

What if you live in a hotel? What if a relative or friend already a citizen or permanent resident has two homes and just lets you live in one for free? What if you live in the same home as a "friend"?

I ask out of interest only and there is no hidden agenda or deep and meaningful reason - many thanks.

silentbutdim

Message Posted:
24/11/2010 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Hi There waddo,

I mate of mine was in this situation a few weeks ago. He was hoping tp purcase a house but needed

to open a bank account to transfer funds to TRNC from abroad.

The banks insisted on a Muchtars letter.

We approached my Muchtar and told him that my friend was staying with me and the Muchtar duly

issed the approriate letter.

My friend was then able to open a bank account and start the ball rolling with regards to purchase a

property.

He was told by immigration that he could only apply for temp residency when he either had a purchase

contract or a lease agreement. He is currently ob a 90 day visa.

Hope this helps you.

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
24/11/2010 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

If you are stayng at a friends house, you can get them to write a letter saying you are living with them, and they are taking responsibility for you, and then all go to a notory to get it duly signed. Not sure of the actual wording, but that is the general idea. A friend of mine did it for 2 years and she was able to get temporary residency with that letter/form.

roisin

Message Posted:
24/11/2010 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

My friend lives in her daughters house here,rent free. Had no poblem for 7 years.This year she was asked for a rental agreement/letter from solicitor stating that the owner allowed her to live there. Her daughter in uk had to to get a signed(by her) solicitors letter and faxed it over. They accepted the fax.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.