North Cyprus Tourist Board - Does the Kocan tell you the type of Title deed you are buying?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Does the Kocan tell you the type of Title deed you are buying?

Does the Kocan tell you the type of Title deed you are buying?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

McSteviet

Message Posted:
07/08/2007 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

As the Title of this thread suggests, I'd like to know how one finds out the original Title of the land and if it's stated in the Kocan. Pre-74, Esdger or TMD?

If not, how do you find out, as the Land Registry will not now tell you and only issue a "TRNC Freehold" Title deed.

MC

McSteviet

Message Posted:
07/08/2007 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

I think I just answered my own question.

I just had the Kocan translated from Turkish to English and the answer for anyone interested, is No, the Title to the land is not described in the Kocan.

So the second part of my question remains, how do you verify, what Title of land you are buying?

Anybody

MC

Marvo

Message Posted:
07/08/2007 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

McSteviet,

If you have allready signed the relevent documents and handed over the bulk of the readies then forget it, it might never happen and all the worrying won't change a thing. If you haven't then see if your lawyer can do his job and point it out.

If the worst comes to the worst you might need to pay some sort of compensation at sometime (maybe never) in the future, but your rising house price should compensate.

McSteviet

Message Posted:
07/08/2007 17:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Marvo,

I have not yet released the money and my Lawyer tells me there is nothing more he can do, as the Land Registry will not allow any searches, therefore he say's he cannot verify it.

I hate being sold something, i.e. advertised as Esdger land and then not being able to verify it.

Hence the question really.

MC

Marvo

Message Posted:
07/08/2007 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Steve,

If I were in your shoes I would walk away, I think it's a buyers market at the moment and i don't believe all the builders are crooks. If you read this and other forums you should be able to get recommendations from satisfied expats. To be honest with you, I signed up for a villa before I new these forums existed. Had I read all these forums before hand I would have second thoughts.

All the best with it

Bob

Bradus

Message Posted:
08/08/2007 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Confused regarding this one. If estate agents are advertising as exchange deed where do they get there information from? Also if solicitor cant do searches and identify type of deed how will he know if there is any encumbrances on it and who the "legal owner" is? Do I take it you will be reluctant to go ahead with purchase until you get some sort of clarification? Have you managed to speak to anyone else purchasing on same site?

You could I suppose be buying a property with TMD deeds or one that has no deeds at all, or one that whoever is selling it is not the true owner. I think Marvo is right, it is a buyers market, Play safe. Could try posting your question on TRNC villa owners msn site? Seems to be a few people more in the know regarding legal aspects of purchasing.

Keep us informed.

McSteviet

Message Posted:
08/08/2007 08:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Guys,

I have a copy of the Kocan, which details the current owner of the Land and the previous owner, which is fine, except the Title Deed (Kocan) doesn't state what Title it is, so there must be another way?

pilgrim

Message Posted:
08/08/2007 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Not being an expert on exchange land, perhaps someone can explain the following. I was offered a plot of "esheger land' , the documents associated referred to it as exchange land and one showed the " number of points" alloted to the exchange. The agent told me the higher the points, the better the status of the land. Is there any substance in this claim? Veiws welcomed

p

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.