North Cyprus Tourist Board - Help please with TV for the deaf
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Help please with TV for the deaf

Help please with TV for the deaf

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

deputydawg

Message Posted:
30/11/2010 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

My daughter has bought me a Sennheiser RS 120 headphone and cradle set so that when the Wildebeest (bless her) and my neighbours have gone to bed I do not disturb them by my need for high volume sound, being profoundly deaf ! I have charged the batteries and followed the idiot's guide for setting it up with the TV but apart from static on all 3 channels I can only hear distorted sound that seems to come from a radio facility somewhere in the Alsancak area or perhaps DJ Mike spreading his decibels about ! Frequency responses are 22 Hz to 19500 Hz whatever that means. Is my problem as fundamental as it is not suitable for Cyprus or am I as stupid as what I am deaf ?. Any advice will be much appreciated, even that which will test my sense of humour, but please do not offer any advice which could be dangerous as I am stupid enough to follow it. Incidentally I can hear Snakes OK when he plays. PS. Should the sound on the TV change to mute with headphones plugged in ?

Brinsley

Message Posted:
30/11/2010 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Mute will stop all output. Try sound settings on the remote control. I'm sure an expert on here will advise better than I.

Richard

iceman

Message Posted:
30/11/2010 22:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Found the following info on the net...have you tried changing the reception channel as described below?

Reception

Adjust the receiver channel with the

TUNE control on the headphones. If

reception is subject to interference,

change the transmission channel. To

do so, set the switch at the bottom

of the transmitter to another

position and re-adjust the receiver

Some electronic devices (e.g.

televisions) can cause interference

to your wireless headphone system.

If this happens, increase the distance

between the transmitter and the

interference source.

http://safemanuals.com/314159.php?k=12d798faa680cc45468c085e8a9e3579&ID=523287&q=SENNHEISER%20RS%20120

deputydawg

Message Posted:
01/12/2010 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks for the prompt responses. Have tried adjustments but still can only get rogue BBC radio sounds. Now strongly suspect that the coupling of the transmitter to the TV does not have a compatible connector and it seems loose in the socket. Will have to get a technician to sort it. In the meantime I will try my best not to fiddle with it as my track record indicates that Alsancak, and perhaps way beyond, would be plunged into darkness and Deputy Dawg prematurely cremated ! Again, many thanks.

Navek

Message Posted:
01/12/2010 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Hi deputydawg,

Sounds similar to a Philips model I've got.

If you're having problems with it, try it in another TV/music system etc.

There should be 3 controls on the headphones,

1 On/Off

2 Volume

3 Tuner

Once you've plugged it into the headphone socket of the appliance you want to use,

Switch everything on.

turn volume up, on both appliances.

Then try to tune it in.

Hope this helps.

Navek

deputydawg

Message Posted:
01/12/2010 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks all, nearly sorted. Electricians tape on loose connector, then plugged into the superb LED TV which I bought earlier on Navek's sound recommendation. Sound and volume perfeck ! Slight adjustments now in process ie the Wildebeest (bless her) is standing in the corner holding the transmitter above her head (where reception is best). When I approach her with a drill to afix the transmitter to the wall her knees go wobbly as she believes that I am about to screw her to the wall. Fat chance, I am saving myself to watch the footie at 2145 hrs and, at last, I can have the volume as loud as I like without fear of a red card ! Again, many thanks for the guidance.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.