North Cyprus Tourist Board - SWB - finally getting keys
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > SWB - finally getting keys

SWB - finally getting keys

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

steviec

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 63 in Discussion

Hi All,

I am due to complete on 115Gr sweetwater Bay on th 29th Sept. The plan is to send the final balance to my solicitor. Ill go there, once the property has been snagged(if not much there) hold back x amount or they rectify in hopefully 24/48hrs while there give Sols authorisation to realease money. Ill then organise getting the electric meter application while there. meet with RMS to organise them being key holders. Also look for suitable furniture shops and open a bank account.

I have 4 days to do this and evisage everything going 100% to plan. would really appreaciate anything else i need to be doing before and when im visiting.

and no! N.C being N.C im expecting the above to be a nightmare!!!!!!!!

Pipie

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 22:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 63 in Discussion

Good luck !!!!!

PtePike

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 63 in Discussion

Steviec: "Also look for suitable furniture shops."

If you have a good and trustworthy TC friend try and go with them. Furniture is especially bad news for "local" and "tourist" prices. Good luck with it anyway.

bradus

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 63 in Discussion

Hi Stevie C,

Those long, hot, days are just round the corner!!!

Don't forget that you need to take your stamped contract with you to Kibtec or you will queue for ages, just to be told they can't do anything without it.

Look under all the recommendations for furniture and you can then do some browsing on internet for some of the furniture prior to going. So you know what you have in mind and where it can be purchased.

Take your time.....identify the essentials and the rest you can buy bit by bit.

Allocate yourself some relaxation time otherwise it can be very stressful doing all this in such a short time.

Look under Banking ...lots of good advice.

Have a good stay.

steviec

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 63 in Discussion

Hi PP not looking forward to knowing if im being ripped off or not will have to haggle hard and hope for best

PtePike

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 63 in Discussion

steviec,

Been there, bud. No prices displayed etc etc. Even if you can't get a local to go with you at least compare a few places. It's hard in the heat and tempting to just go for stuff but it'll save you a few bob for beers I'd go to Nicosia and avoid the toursity places.

andysue

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 63 in Discussion

steveic , go and see arthur at B18 he knows were to go and were not too, he told me he goes to nicosia for certain things hes been living on the site scince early this year, if his mitsubishi 4x4 on drive hes in. very nice people arthur and dorothy i also have his mobile and e-mail if you want to pre-contact him im shure he will give good advice seems to know everything ! plus hes a geordie and wont pay over the odds for anything. . good luck andrew

steviec

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 63 in Discussion

Hello andrew would love to meet up with Arthur And Doris if you could email me on Steven.celimon@kings-group.net so could get in touch with them i would be ever so grateful.

Thanks

norths4me

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 63 in Discussion

good luck steve, we have also got our dates and cant wait until october until we see the finshed apartment

andysue

Message Posted:
03/09/2008 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 63 in Discussion

steve ive sent you the details ,please dont call dorothy dorris tho ! regards andrew

jakki

Message Posted:
03/09/2008 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 63 in Discussion

Steve - We are due to fly out to NC next Thursday in order to complete on our villa C34 - if we can do anything to help, please don't hesitate to e-mail us.

Jackie and Arthur

C34

joandjelly

Message Posted:
03/09/2008 10:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 63 in Discussion

Hi Steve

Personally I wouldn't bother going to Lefkosa (unless it's nearer to you of course) as we tried that when buying a TV and fridge freezer and the prices were exactly the same as Kyrenia. Guzelyurt was the same.

If it is still Summer hours when you are here then the electricity office is open all day on Monday (apart from lunchtime) but only mornings the rest of the week.

If you want to be assured of prices for furniture, then I would recommend Burhan which is on the Lapta-Kyrenia main road just before/after the Army camp (depending which way you are coming). They do really nice furniture and accessories and their prices are always displayed.

Have fun.

Jo

steviec

Message Posted:
03/09/2008 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 63 in Discussion

Thanks for all your replies despite the doom and gloomsometimes on this site im extremely happy so far and cant wait to get in there.

Andrew- thanks for email will certainly speak to A and D

Jo- will pop into Burhan do you know if they have a web site

Jackie- love to speak to you when you get back

Stevie c

missymongrel

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 63 in Discussion

Great to see other people completing. We are hoping to complete (117PL) in November in person but having read through the paperwork it appears that it's best to do POA and then go out? Is this what you guys have done? Are there extra charges associated with this?

Turtle

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 63 in Discussion

Steviec, all the best and hope you enjoy !

steviec

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 63 in Discussion

Hi missy mongrel,

The plan of action was to transfer the final balance to the solicitor go and inspect personaly, once happy with snagging if anything minor they will do within 24hrs, once done will get solicitor to transfer the money. In the same week get the relevant paperwork to obtain electricty meter. the other option was to pay a snagging company (£200ish) and a further fee to the solicitors for them to get the electricity meter which involved me going to central london to get the POA documents stamped(Another fee). Ideally for me it is a chance to see property first hand and to shop around for furniture and generally explore the area.

gaynorish

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 63 in Discussion

Thanks for posing these questions steve...this information is really useful from everybody.

Cheers

Gaynor

rocky

Message Posted:
08/09/2008 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 63 in Discussion

another swb thread lets keep them up there folks

missymongrel

Message Posted:
10/09/2008 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 63 in Discussion

Thx Steve,

It's hard to know what to do for the best. I've been told it can take up to 7 days to get electricity into the apartment. That means we would have to rent a place whilst completing and getting the electricity sorted. I suppose it's weighing up the cost of getting a third party to complete, etc, etc and that of renting another place whilst we wait for completion and electricity.

Chick-A-Dee

Message Posted:
10/09/2008 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 63 in Discussion

Steviec.

All the very best with your new home. I hope everything goes okay for you. Whatever happens remember:

1. you have your house built (major achievement)

2. you have your health

3. you are closer to completing than you were (2,3, howver many years ago when the build began)

4. if things don't go according to plan, take large deep gulps of air, and treat yourself to whatever calms you down.

5. you may have to wait in long queue's, (application for electric meter), rememeber, its only a queue, and you'll get to the front of it eventually!

6. get a receipt for everything.

7. take photocopies of all the documents before you set out for your trip.

8. take with you lots of ID, when at sols etc

9. have a good supply of patience

10. treat everything as if it is a game.

And finally ...... remember all your friends on the forum are here to help you through it ......

I really hope all goes according to plan - keep the forum posted.

steviec

Message Posted:
10/09/2008 23:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 63 in Discussion

HI Missy,

Im staying at a friends apartment while there, Im under impression that the electricity company doesnt need acces to flat and its all done from outside so hopefully will be done once im gone. still not sure how to pay for the electric whilst im in England i presume by Direct Debit once bank account set up will let you know.

Chick a dee,

Thanks for all your advice, im really looking forward to getting it completed theres to much doom and gloom about TRNC and that aside i love the development, had no problems with the developers, solicitors have been great and if there are any issues, ive paid my money and will deal with the cards ive been dealt.

x stevie c

davidoff

Message Posted:
11/09/2008 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 63 in Discussion

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend me an INDEPENDANT surveyor to look at my unit for me??

Thanx in advance- take care d x

joandjelly

Message Posted:
11/09/2008 15:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 63 in Discussion

Hi Stevie

Sorry I have only just seen your message 13. Burhan's website is http://www.burhanltd.com/index.htm There are no prices listed but it will give you an idea of what they do.

Best of luck with everything.

Jo

norths4me

Message Posted:
11/09/2008 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 63 in Discussion

Hi D

I've heard Stuart Hillard is supposed to be quite good although I've no personal experience of using his service.

Stuart Hillard FRICS

Northern Compass Property Services Limited

compasscyprus@yahoo.com

Snagging £225 plus 16% vat

Full Snagging plus report on build £325 plus vat

Cant guarantee the prices above will be current

missymongrel

Message Posted:
11/09/2008 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 63 in Discussion

I've recently received a quote from this company for £295 plus tax for a full report. Not as cheap as RMS but he's independant of the developers.

missymongrel

Message Posted:
11/09/2008 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 63 in Discussion

StevieC,

Are you not planning on staying in your place then on your completion visit? We were hoping to hire another place whilst we were completing (which we were hoping to take 2-3 days), then get the keys, get the furniture in and spend at least a week there as a holiday!

norths4me

Message Posted:
11/09/2008 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 63 in Discussion

MM

As said I couldn't guarantee the prices were up to date.

Worth noting that the price does not include a follow up inspection to confirm snagging has been completed satisfactorily. Again I believe it is £55 plus vat for the follow up

Definitely agree its worth getting a completely independent company to snag, no disrespect to RMS

steviec

Message Posted:
11/09/2008 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 63 in Discussion

Hi Missy,

Its going to be a flying visit the wife and kids cant come due to kids at school so just me on my own. Its a shame as the wife hasnt been there yet and she refuses to take the children out of school.

Its going to be purely work and she advised me not to come back with a tan!!!!!!!!

missymongrel

Message Posted:
12/09/2008 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 63 in Discussion

Good luck and keep us all informed of how you get on.

jac k

Message Posted:
12/09/2008 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 63 in Discussion

Hi all,

sorry for delay in posting - been ill and now kids ill too... yuck!! Had sooper 6 weeks at N.c. and got to know a little about the island - and the site. Having taken a closer look at my villa I decided to have a full structural survey and to instruct an independent structural surveyor (Stuart Hillard) - really pleasant and most professional. A number of issues have been documented in my report but I'm waiting for final copy before I send to my solicitors and S.W.B. Whilst from a distance the site looks amazing (and it will be amazing when it's finished, hopefully to a good standard). I'd highly recommend that everyone inspects their own property(ies) and make up their own minds. I seem to have a different view to S.W.B. about 'good workmanship' but to their credit they have said that they will address my problems when I submit them with details, so I'll say no more until then. Otherwise, looking forward to taking ownership. I was supposed (according to my email) take ownership during my visit in July and August (after May, June and July failed to happen) but whilst my house is pretty much complete the site as a whole is still a building site & much of the communal areas need to be finished before I can complete.... Yoav seemed to think that this would be end of September time, but I think in real terms it'll be spring time next year.....

Take care all, Jac xx

jac k

Message Posted:
12/09/2008 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 63 in Discussion

Sorry, forgot to say. During my vist I attended at Kibtec to apply for elec meter - very straight forward but sadly they informed me that S.W.B. had only applied for 4 properties to be checked and so I was unable to submit my application. (this can take weeks to be processed) - i'm not sure why S.W.B. has not applied for the checks to be processed as I was supposed to snag during my stay - consequently no snag completed (as unable to test services). Otherwise, very easy to apply to Kibtec yourself and much cheaper than getting S.W. to do it for you!!! Jac

steviec

Message Posted:
12/09/2008 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 63 in Discussion

Hi jac k

Thanks for the info, Yoav has told me that completion for my block is 29th sept. i would love to drag it out till early next year but my understanding was that couldnt apply for meter unless have the completion certificate of some sort from SWB so how can electric be snagged if cant get meter till recieve relevant documentation of completion????????

kell73

Message Posted:
12/09/2008 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 63 in Discussion

AIR CONDITIONING

Hello

My apartment is is the 3rd phse and I want to have Air Conditioning installed.

What other owners are having this and what procedure did you all follow?

Andy, I was going to call you with regards to your visit to SWB, but I cant find your telephone number, would it be possible to email it to me again please?

Many thanks

Kelly

andysue

Message Posted:
12/09/2008 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 63 in Discussion

hi kelly i have e-mailed you . . speak soon regards andy

missymongrel

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 63 in Discussion

StevieC, that's exactly what I've been told as well? Does anyone have any info on the meter situation and snagging?

jakki

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 63 in Discussion

Just returned from six days in NC, ostensibly for completion. What we have to say will be quite long so for simplicity will break it down into several posts. However, having in the past been accused by one correspondent of being "a little towards SWB", which we challenged and the person decided not to reply, we would state that we are giving entirely our own opinion, without fear or favour, and without aligning ourselves with any "interest groups".

It's fairly clear that completions are behind [the already behind] schedule, although we suspect most are not too far off. Part of the problem is no doubt the heat as paint is drying practically before it is put on. Andy is doing his best to snag the properties, but the language barrier isn't helping. We are almost certain that we will employ an independent expert to snag the property as I doubt we have the attention to detail or expertise required. Much as RMS offer to do the snagging, with the greatest respect it is difficult to see how they can be fully independent. As we're spending approx £150k on the property, a few hundred for an independent consultant to do the snagging seems sensible.

I/ we will cover other matters in another e-mail.

Jackie & Arthur [C34]

jakki

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 63 in Discussion

Getting the keys is not to be honest the [sorry for the pun] key issue. There ain't no point having the keys if you don't have water and electricity. Poor Alan and Lyn [C31] thought they could occupy straight away. Apart from some things not being complete [i.e. snagging issues still unresolved, including no white goods!], they really can't occupy as water and electricity aren't on. In fairness to the SWB team, getting connected to electricity isn't as easy it is in the UK. Kibtec [bless their cotton socks] seem to have invented the word beaurocracy. It's really up to you, but I think getting RMS to sort it is good value- otherwise you may spend many fruitless and frustrating hours chez Kibtec. There are also issues regarding the cost of the meter, and a deposit wanted by Kibtec of several hundred pounds, presumably against any of us "doing a runner".

Water is supposed to be on "from the end of the month", but again I think this has to be taken with a pinch of salt. This is not the fault of SWB, it's officialdom in NC who seem to make up rules as they go along.

Where I think SWB are at fault is in not really keeping everyone up to date, and not indicating "risk factors" to people coming across for completion. I would strongly recommend that if you are coming for completion you have a fall back plan to stay elsewhere. Also, you need to be VERY specific i.e. :

1) has the property been fully snagged and all major issues resolved [have you got your white goods fitted? !!]

2) is electricity connected, so that when you go in, you can turn on the lights and air con?

3) is water connected and running?

4) have your suppliers of furniture, curtains etc had access to the property so they can deliver your goods?

Arthur [C34]

rocky

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 63 in Discussion

so Jakki do we understand you were unable to complete? The lack of communication is a concern surely Yoav must get on top of the completions . It costs buyers several hundred pounds to get there and on top of that there are the parking costs, time off work, accomodation in NC and then if you are unable to take the keys you may need to go over again. Didnt they ask for your completion money before you went???

jakki

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 63 in Discussion

Hi Rocky,

We paid most of the monies but held some back for snagging. You are of course right that we did not "complete". We used most of our time finding furniture, curtains etc so it wasn't a complete waste of time. I think the important thing is to be very, very specific as Edith does, talk in general terms about the properties being "complete", when they are not what would be considered complete in the UK. Here we expect complete to mean you can move straight in. In NC, particularly with the utility issues, this is most definitely not the case. Took a few photos of your property- when I feel a bit tecchie I'll try and e-mail them.

regards

Arthur

andysue

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 63 in Discussion

hi jakki and arthur . remeber what i said to you in july after my visit? cant see anyone completing and moveing in till atleast the spring simple fact it wont be ready till then . next few weeks going to be interesting . regards andrew

kenny b

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 63 in Discussion

SWB OWNERS

I took possession of my apartment at Turtle Bay in January and like most owners was concerned about a number of issues snagging,electric,water etc.A friend who took possession 6 months earlier recommended a lady that he used and thankfully I took his advice she was and still is fantastic. I was kept informed all the way through the process by email and telephone she snagged my property superbly did not miss a thing even the smallest detail that to be honest I would never have noticed she also held our key and organised furniture delivery and curtain hanging she also will ensure that when you arrive everything is unpacked and ready to use.She takes photographs of every thing that needs snagging forwards them to the developer and an electronic copy to you.Andy and Sue who many of you will have spoke to who are hopefully taking possession later in the year following my recommendation.Andy has all the emails she sent me and I am happy for Andy to forward onto who ever would like to view.The total cost was approx £300 quid but it was worth every single penny we still keep in contact with her and still helps us with sound advice.The ladies name is Sarah Verdy from Homemakers North Cyprus.Sorry I cant attach her web link still getting used to new laptop.

jakki

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 63 in Discussion

We gave Mike Armstong [RMS] quite a grilling. We posed a number of questions, some of which I don't think he'd had before, and got sensible answers. For the record, Mike is not a "Bernard Manning" character, and came across as very professional. It has to be said that Connie [Mike's partner in RMS] is Andy's wife, so some independence issues must arise regarding SWB / RMS. This is why, regardless of Mike's abilities, I don't think it's appropriate [certainly for us] to use RMS to do snagging, and we will appoint someone else.

At the end of the day our contracts [or at least most of them] give SWB the choice of managing agents. Mike is fully aware that if they don't perform there will be a "palace coup" and they will be replaced. I told him their brochure was silly in referring to "non profit making" when it should have simply said that they would charge a specific fee for their service [and wouldn't make a rake off from contractors]. I cannot see, and don't want any managers running the place on a "non profit making" basis. I want them to run the place professionally and efficiently and if they don't to be able to give them a b*ll*cking. You can't do that if they aren't paid. So let's get off their backs, and judge in a year or so. If Mike and Connie want to make a long term living out of running the SWB and other sites, it's in their interests to give us a good service. Please also remember Connie will be living on the site, so I cannot see that she would be wanting stick every day.

jakki

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 63 in Discussion

Just also a little reminder that NC is not a cheap destination any longer. We noticed that prices of drinks and food had gone up by at least 40%. We travelled the length and breath, up hill and down dale and came across some wonderful beaches. We (Arthur) did over 1000 km. in our little hire car. Petrol, everything so much more expensive, disappointed that we didn't get the keys but I don't think we actually expected to, to be honest. Our villa was nearly ready with just the 'white goods' to go in. As we say, we travelled a lot and still believe that SWB is still the best development on the island. The site is unrecognisable from our last visit - it's worth the wait. W hope to go out at the end of the month - watch this space!! We do apologise for our postings not being straight forward but as we remember things ... Mike Armstrong said that the landscaping starts next week. We are aware that our neighbours at 33 are out in NC at the moment but didn't get to meet up - we had lots of things to do - open a bank account etc., etc. It was also desperately hot a lovely 42 degrees on Tuesday!!

norths4me

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 63 in Discussion

Good postings

Does anyone no if we have to go to the Kibtec office in Girne or do we have to go to Famagusta

jakki

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 21:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 63 in Discussion

Hi Kenny B-

could you e-mail your lady sagger's details please.

regards

Arthur

andysue

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 63 in Discussion

hi ken funny you mention miz verde, kelly from kent whos bought in unit 124 rang me last night and she asked me if i new an independant to do snagging, i told her about the said miz verde and how highly you rate her services. hows turkish ron doing? has he fished the lake at arapkoy yet ? regards andrew

rocky

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 63 in Discussion

Arthur should you have included an n for snagger? be careful and dont touch the L otherwise you may refer to a slagger

jakki

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 63 in Discussion

I could have put an H in Rocky !!

rocky

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 63 in Discussion

I c what you mean the H is closer to N on the keyboard, I think everyone is like me I finde it diffikult to spell correctly on these threads I just dont no y.

jakki

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 63 in Discussion

It's normally because of the Sauvignon Blanc at this time of the evening

rocky

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 63 in Discussion

u r not far orf the mark its a cillian merlo spellt merlot

rocky

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 63 in Discussion

woops I forgot the h..read chillian

jakki

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 22:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 63 in Discussion

don't you mean "Chilean"

rocky

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 63 in Discussion

of course I do but may change now the chilean bottel is mpte

kenny b

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 63 in Discussion

Hi Jackkie/Arthur

I am going to email info tonight hope you receive.

She was excellent,very thorough.

If I can be of further assistance just post or email direct.

We are out there next week for two weeks and wil be visiting Andy/Sue's place to give him feedback.

Kenny B

mint1955

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 01:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 63 in Discussion

Hi Jakki and Arthur,

Sorry to hear that you dont have full possession yet. You do sound as though you have been busy and I am jealous if you are going out again soon it looks like we wont make it until next year now.

As we have always said it is NC and we to a certain extent have to go with the flow but lets all look forward to sitting round the pool next year with a glass of something

Sheila&Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 63 in Discussion

HI Jakki nd Arthur where did you find the best deals for furnishings nd curtain rails etc I have been making notes from various posts on this forum but would like to hear of your experiences

kenny b

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 01:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 63 in Discussion

Hi Jackie/Arthur

Its me again tried to email but bouncing back if you would like to email me then I can hit the reply button.

Andy if you pick this post up can you forward my info from Sarah to jackie/arthur as previously discussed.

Kenny b

mint1955

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 01:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 63 in Discussion

Hi Kelly in Kent from Sheila&Phil in Kent.

With Jackie and Arthur in Essex who else is nearby maybe we could have a UK meet up

jakki

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 63 in Discussion

Hi All -

kenny b- thank you!!

rocky - didn't find any good deals really - we did however a lot of research for you guys. What we did find though was that 'Italian' furniture isn't really Italian, we found a store that makes it on the road to Lapta - the quality is not good - it looks nice but it is rubbish (just my opinion) - We found a store on a round-about, (sorry I am crap at directions) it is called Elektrokur, they stock Calligaris - we purchased and they are holding the sofas, dining table and chairs until we are ready. I am taking my own fabric for the kitchen. I may be a snob but I didn't find a great deal of fabrics that I really liked in NC. A company called HayHay (opp Mermaid) are making blinds and drapes for us. I am not putting up any curtains in the sitting-room apart from the window next to the fire place. HayHay are making for us a kind of woven thing in white across the wooden pegoda type thingy on the patio area. They are lovely people they don't speak English but a lady called Neilsun works there for them as an interpreter, she is a lovely London gel. The beds we purchased from Mermaid only as a last resort, it wasn't easy finding simple beds. Of course, after we left a deposit we then found a store with beds we liked, it is the law of the sod!! Again, Mermaids are holding the beds for us until we are ready.

Sheila&Phil would love to meet up. We took some pics of your place and of Rocky's place and we'll send them when we can!! Not much has moved on though to be honest. When we arrived on Friday morning about ten men were working on our place - erm I wonder why!! Our 'white goods' were in the sitting room which is something I suppose. Poor Lyn and Alan at 31 didn't even have that! We will fire off a number of e-mails to to Andy/Edith and RMS and we will, of course, post anything of interest. If you think of anything else you wish to know let me know. If you need to know prices etc., let me know also.

Jackie

sweep

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 63 in Discussion

To all just arrived back from NC visited SWB done snagging etc all went well apart from kiptec for info on this see new thread posted all is explained. during my visit i did have a brief look at other sites on the way to SWB and i can say ours looks like it will be far better than any other i seen. The complex size is perfect and everything at your disposal at a moments stroll across the site the pools, steam room. jacuzzi all look fantastic and basically ready to fill up and use no matter which plot you are on the beach is only a small distance away so all is good there the plots look far better than any other i seen on other sites with the mixture of render and natural stone cladding also to finish it off you get travertine mable window sills these are a fantastic finish to every room which is a rare feature as this stone is expensive is usuall only found in cribs on mtv show so my view of SWB site is very positive and i couldnt be happier with the money i invested in this venture as it will be one hell of a nice place to have a holiday when it is all finished so thumbs up to swb and good look to rms with managing this top complex for all of us to enjoy the swb/rms team were great and made my visit worth while.

regards sweep

missymongrel

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 63 in Discussion

Regarding snagging, this is an extract from an email I received from Compass:

"The service I provide for £295 + KDV is a Schedule of Outstanding Works and Report on Construction Quality, this is a detailed report more along the lines of a building survey. As far as I am aware I am the only person qualified to offer this type of report as there are currently no other Chartered Surveyors on this side of the island.

As far as I am aware there are a few properly registered companies here that will undertake snagging and if it is just a snagging inspection you require I can undertake this type of report for a fee of £195 + KDV, although as I mentioned to you before this is a limited report and would not include any comment on the quality of construction, focussing only on any outstanding finishing details. I assume this is perhaps nearer the figure you have been quoted by other companies for a similar service."

So if you're wanting a full building survey when it comes to the snagging, be careful who you employ to do this.

jakki

Message Posted:
01/10/2008 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 63 in Discussion

Hi just to let everybody know that we instructed a Stuart Hillard FRICS to carry out a report for us. Stuart has now prepared the report and we shall be contacting SWB on his findings. The report is comprehensive. At the present time we don't feel that it is fair to go 'public' without SWB having time to respond. Stuart's email is compasscyprus@yahoo.com.

The four months grace period is now at an end - does anybody have news on this particular item - I know it is early days but you never know!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.