North Cyprus Tourist Board - Illegal Showtime OSN TV to finish 19th December
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Illegal Showtime OSN TV to finish 19th December

Illegal Showtime OSN TV to finish 19th December

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

osntv

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 127 in Discussion

Do you have OSN Showtime TV? are you aware that all the illegal transmission will cease on the 19th December? There has been a promise made that they will look into trying to find a solution to this and try decoding the new box, maybe this month, maybe next year?

Would you be interested in the real thing? a distributor with the sole distribution for North Cyprus? no more cutting on and off, this will offer excellent viewing no more internet connections.

These will be the approximate figures:-

For the HD ready and recorder box £200.00 deposit plus a £50 installation fee.

The Platinum package with 70+ English channels approx £800.00 a year

The Family package inclusive of Granada and BBC Entertainment £276.00 a year

Please let me know if you are interested.

numpty

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 127 in Discussion

Hi we would be interested in the family package, but could you tell me what other channels it includes, ie sport, film etc. thanks

beachsidebum

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 127 in Discussion

Whats icluded in the platinum package?

beachsidebum

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 127 in Discussion

Typpo error, included.. ha ha

Navek

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 127 in Discussion

Hi osntv,

Do you have a web site we can view, with prices & package info?

Thanks'

Navek

newscoop

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 127 in Discussion

Very interested but need content info.

ClareW

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 127 in Discussion

Same here but need info re channels available especially sports.

Tom

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 127 in Discussion

re msg one - OH PLEASE ..

" a distributor with the sole distribution for North Cyprus"

Orbit/Showtime have the rights for many nations and 'TRNC' ain't one of 'em

http://www.osnetwork.com/contact_en_gb.aspx

Who are you, really?

ANYONE can import receivers from ( say) Syria/ Lebanon and claim to be 'official'..

I know a Lebanese guy in the 'rump' RoC who has ensured happy viewing for Showtime and now Abu Dhabi TV - in the eight years I've known him - he has never let a client down.. but he would NEVER claim to be 'official'

FACT: be it SKY or any other Sat TV co. that doesn't have the rights for a region - claiming to BE 'official' is a fast route to the sat company tracing your supply route and switching the receivers off.

Be VERY vary of someone 'appearing' and claiming to offer something - especially when - in the first post they claim 'officialdom'

I KNOW folk high up in tis sat tv co. and I checked...

LordJim

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 127 in Discussion

must be a bit of a dopi to try it on 6xm !

HildySmith

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 127 in Discussion

thanks 6m's that is very useful.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 127 in Discussion

I'm wondering if the mods will let me post a ( sort of sticky) re the options folk have and suppliers can then post their contact info - especially in the light so many folk having to look at changing..

newscoop

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 18:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 127 in Discussion

Mark;

Re message 11

I hope so.

yrret

Message Posted:
03/12/2010 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 127 in Discussion

£800 a year, at last I have finally found a system that makes our 'un-official' (eh Marky? (wanted one o those wink thingys here but don't know how to get them)) Sky look cheap, mind you I don't subscribe, but at last my little part of the world of 'Jodrell Bank' dish puts me in pocket.

johndp

Message Posted:
04/12/2010 03:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 127 in Discussion

D-O-P-I are still telling people everything is gonna be all right no problems they say

mmmmm

))))

Washerman

Message Posted:
04/12/2010 07:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 127 in Discussion

Official OSN Packages

No freezing or, stopping.

Family package - 455TL per year

Movies Plus package - 695TL per year

Premier Plus package - 895TL per year

Installation including HD receiver - 750TL

Granada not on OSN - initial poster is a wind-up

Already have clients in second year contracts and many satisfied customers including Fez Catalkoy, Old Bazaar Girne, Altinkaya Rooftop Bar, Bafedi Bar Girne, The Ship Inn Karaoglangou, Pine Bay Alsancak, Crows Nest Karaman, The Ravine Alsancak, The Barrell Alsancak, The Celebrity Lapta, Club Lapethos Lapta

Official TRNC company trading for seven years - 0533 869 4372 (see Cyprus Today Ad' or, http://www.satellitecyprus.com )

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/12/2010 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman.. I could facilitate the supply of such packages - and they are *GREY market* - not 'official'.

Folks subscribing outside the official nations that have the rights for such issues need to be aware of the (small) risk factor...

It would only take a disgruntled DigiTurk manager to have a word with a Showtime guy about a particular company pushing it's wares - and damaging the official rights holder - and folks could find themselves turned off.

Just because it hasn't happened n 'TRNC' - doesn't mean it won't..

Example - if SKY find out you are receiving their services outside UK / Ireland - they are obliged to turn off your sub.

Naturally, someone arranging this back in the UK / IRL - an environment must of us know - isn't a 'biggie' ...

It is an ENTIRELY different ball game ( excuse the pun) when you are dealing with third parties in Arab states..

Did you have the permission of these establishments to use them as references, bearing in mind their statu

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/12/2010 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 127 in Discussion

(cont) status ?

Tootie

Message Posted:
04/12/2010 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 127 in Discussion

Mark, Can you clarify. Is Msg 15 http://www.satellitecyprus.com

A pirate company like Dopitv / Digital Supreme etc.

Will they be problems in 12months,,,,etc. Like Dopitv?

I have already lost a shed load with Dopitv!!

I dont want to start another slagging match in this thread, SO Im asking for a simple YES or NO pls?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/12/2010 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 127 in Discussion

Hi Tootie

There isn't a simple yes or no :(

They ARE supplying a legit package - they just aren't authorised to so do, and Cyprus isn't part of the territory where OSN have TV rights..

They are charging WAY over the odds for it

They are not 'official' and they cannot guarantee to be able to supply subs - they rely on third parties in other nations.

I will have a comparison website running by end of Monday

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 127 in Discussion

I haven't posted here for a couple of months since mmmmmm said that I was in some way 'jealous' of his idea to advise members to run ping tests to test their internet connections - "that it wasn't my idea" was, I think, the way that he put it. That comment gave me an insight into his personality and made me realise that I was wasting my time, anyway......

mmmmmm - so that members can put your comments in this thread into context, I think that it is high time that you told the truth and admitted that you are a competitor of ours.

Your advice is not 'independent' as you 'make-out.' You are in the business of selling Sky cards and receivers for 'illegal' use outside the UK, where Sky has the licence to transmit - http://www.skycards.us

You have customers in the TRNC and that is why you repeatedly push one particular supplier's service - because it is in your interest do so.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 08:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 127 in Discussion

We already know that you also offer a Slingbox service here. You are not a legitimate TRNC company, licensed to trade here and you have no right to be carrying on business in the TRNC.

It would be bad enough if you were a UK sole trader (Advtech) - as is claimed in the Domain registration particulars of one of your web sites, but in another, you actually claim that your company web site/business is a registered Greek Cypriot business - yet you live in Gloucester in the UK and trade here! Not only a breach of registration rules, but smacks of a deception of some sort - eg: tax avoidance or, something else similar.

We are a legitimate, tax paying company trading within the TRNC and when we import equipment, we pay for shipping from the source of origin, import licence, electrical licence, Duty, KDV, Import duties and Istanbul handling fees.

We also pay work permit fees, company taxation, personal taxation of employees, Accountancy and many other associated costs.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 08:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 127 in Discussion

We support our customers 24/7 and have done for the last seven years.

For you to say that we "charge way over the odds for it" illustrates nothing except a complete lack of understanding of the rules, regulations, costs and overheads of running a legitimate company in the TRNC.

mmmmmm - Deceiving the members of this board by cloaking your interests in an attempt to give your comments an air of respectability is not only dishonest, it insults the intelligence of board members.

I think that you should have the confidence to declare your interests and state exactly what your business is in coming on this board and bad-mouthing legitimate TRNC businesses. Otherwise your words are worthless, meaningless - empty! If you don't, board members should view your words as I do, with contempt - words of deception!

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 08:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 127 in Discussion

You are well known for your a hatred of illegal card sharing businesses in the TRNC, it seems that you are in the process of forming another hatred - for companies offering a legitimate service - or, do you just hate competition?

Eventually, I'm sure that members will begin to wonder, as indeed I do, how you were able to make your predictions about another legitimate TRNC business come true. People here have spent a lot of money having a certain system installed and since you made your predictons about that particular supplier, they have had nothing but problems with their service - a coincidence? They are now having to spend more money to have other systems installed.

Are you working for or, against member's interests? I know the answer - all will be revealed!

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 127 in Discussion

And, before you cast any further aspersions in our direction, I suggest that you consider the damage that could be done if I were to do the same as you and bad-mouth the names of businesses that you and your family are associated with in place where it would do most damage to their reputation.

I look forward to looking at your "price-comparison" web site - a completely independent resource, obviously?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 127 in Discussion

Good morning, Washerman

1/ I suggest that if you are going to 'check me out' you are a little more thorough ;) My status in the UK is 'self sufficient ' - I derive my income from overseas .. You are welcome to contact the UKBA as they are privy to proof my overseas income ;)

2/ I don't ship to 'TRNC'

3 / I guess I became a 'competitor' when I offered to supply Abu Dhabi kit at a fair mark up - even listing the true retail price 170GBP [ incl receiver and 1 years sub]

4/ You may very well look after your clients - though I have seen posts from members that historically suggest otherwise - but you claimed 'officialdom' - that is a FIB - no-one supplying SKY / Showtime/ Abu Dhabi TV can guarantee ANYTHING - if they are helping clients to receive those services outside the tv rights nations... YES?

5/ I recommend ICEMAN in 'TRNC' and I have no commercial association with him - so YES, the price comparison site will be FAIR..

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 127 in Discussion

6/ skycards.us website ? Did you check the date of it's last update ...4 YEARS ago.. ? ;) Due to your observations it is now 'down' and will remain so until the domain expires.

You are trying to earn a crust from being a 'grey market pirate' - I enjoy helping folk get stuff for a fair price - I don't 'advertise' and don't need to .. I don't make claims to be 'official'

Better you adjust your prices as you'll find you aren't coming out well in price comparisons !

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 127 in Discussion

So, another failed enterprise......another mmmmmm web site bites the dust - what's next? Your credibility is wearing thin, what happens to the existing customers of these schemes, do you just leave them high and dry when the business fails?

Specifically:-

If I was to spend some time and check you out thoroughly who knows what I might find. I did notice however, that since I last checked, you have deleteted and adjusted some of the information that is available - covering your tracks a little better, but why ? Have you got something to hide ?

Nevertheless, if I were you, I would correct the domain information that you have registered. It is not correct and a breach of the regulatory rules and regulations.

I don't doubt that 'YOU' won't ship to the TRNC. I am sure that you are quite willing to let others carry the can for you.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 127 in Discussion

Don't even think about going into competition with us here, especially with a Greek Cypriot registered outfit. I don't think that the authorities will take kindly to a non-registered TRNC company illegally importing goods and trading in the TRNC.

Official packages are packages from the original company - nothing else.

By continually harping on as you do, you will cause unnecessary problems for Sky, Orbit Showtime and ADMC's customers who are viewing in the TRNC. As in fact, you caused problems for the customers of the most popular pirated system that 'began' having problems when you made your predictions about them. Many of their clients are having to purchase more equipment and pay further subs' because of the rackett that you raised over the service that they had subscribed to. If you truly have the interests of the board's members at heart - just shut up and tend to your business else where.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 127 in Discussion

By continually harping on as you do, you will cause unnecessary problems for Sky, Orbit Showtime and ADMC's customers who are viewing in the TRNC. As in fact, you caused problems for the customers of the most popular pirated system that 'began' having problems when you made your predictions about them. Many of their clients are having to purchase more equipment and pay further subs' because of the rackett that you raised over the service that they had subscribed to. If you truly have the interests of the board's members at heart - just shut up and tend to your business else where.

I have run a business for seven years in the TRNC and we have been offering our customers good service. I can understand why that makes you jealous, but if I am wrong about you, point me to something that you have achieved instead of a list of web site business failures.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 127 in Discussion

You'd do well to research the costs of operating a legit' business in the TRNC. For you to come here, break the laws, pay no tax and offer a cheap service is not clever in fact, it's down right stupid. If you want to set up in competition here, do it properly on a level playing field, otherwise face the wrath of the TRNC Governement and authorities.

Be prepared for the long haul though, offering a good service. Not the quick in and out profit that you seem to be used to, unless you want to add to your list of failed ventures.

If you do, your face will be Red, mere apologies won't do.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman,

I hope others are enjoying your 'detective work' and 'conclusions' as much as I am

My predictions re Dopi were based on my knowledge of the anti-piracy activities of SAT TV cos - being a [ then ] member of the anti-piracy panel - and knowing sat comms and the flawed methodology Dopi used to carry the decryption codes..

Whilst it is 'flattering' to be 'blamed' for their 'problems' - as ever - your explanations are amusingly inaccurate.

Please carry on your research and post your findings.. you would appear to be quite 'rattled' and now seem to be hinting that if I don't 'pipe down' I'll 'regret it' ?! ;)

So, in the mean time I will continue to post my opinions/ predictions / cost comparisons [ you wont find ANY links back to me - it *will* be unbiased ] and members can observe who has been statistically correct / working in the members interests..

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 127 in Discussion

So, you were a member of the anti-piracy panel !

No wonder the company that you mention had their problems. It must have been fairly simple for you to make your predictions come true.

I wonder how members feel knowing that your predictions/actions led to the problems that they experienced with that particular company. So, it seems that it is deal with mmmmmm or, face the consequences.

I am sure that members will be adding 2 + 2 and getting 4.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 14:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman,

I left the a/p panel in Apr 2008 ... arithmetic is clearly not a strong point of yours..

Do I retain 'influence' - OF COURSE.. I know folk high up in D/Turk/ Multichoice ( Nova) / Showtime / and many other TV operators. Those that were having their broadcasts pirated informed me that this would not be allowed to continue and I informed members accordingly.

As ever, I'm not quite sure what your point is. Perhaps you seek THIS thread closed ?

Are you now saying I shouldn't have predicted Dopi's problems - or that I 'caused' them ?!

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 127 in Discussion

When you left the anti-piracy panel is no concern of mine and your reference to my 'arithmetic' is silly.

I'm sure that you think that you retain influence. I'd be surprised if you thought anything else.

You always accuse me of trying to get a thread closed - I can't help it if I post things that you don't like that 'touch a nerve' with you.

Trouble seems to follow you around, but like you say you still retain influence with the companies concerned - 2 + 2 = 4

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman,

'trouble' follows those who pirate - it doesn't need my 'help'

Now to be precise -

Are you saying it is OK to steal content from and resell it? - I'm sure you are not ..

Was I right about UKTV ?

Was I right about Dopi?

Will I be 'right' about the risks of dealing with companies claiming to officially represent companies - when they don't ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 127 in Discussion

I'm sure that you can cause problems for the suppliers of TV systems in Northern Cyprus and judging by your previous predictions and track record, you probably will.

I am also sure that with so many failures under your belt, you feel jealous about those that succeed and will go to any lengths to spoil their business and stop them.

I am also sure that everyone is starting to realise what your real agenda is.

You seem to be on a one man crusade against Turkish Cypriot TV related businesses which is bad enough, but to do it in the way that you are - as the Cyprus 44 voice of independence is disgraceful.

As you seem hell-bent on shutting everyone else down, maybe the wisest thing that members should do is to buy whatever it is you are offering!

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 127 in Discussion

re 36 Washerman,

This has b'all to do with any location specific / or anti 'TRNC' 'issue' - it's SIMPLY about advising folk how to get:

1/ what they want

2/ for the best price

3/ with a reasonable guarantee of continuity

Other members - that DO know what they are talking about - will know I know that am friends with several TC businessmen in various fields.. and supportive of their expertise.

iris1

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 127 in Discussion

You say Digital Supreme are not legal I am with them and they are telling me that they have another year contract with OSN and we will not be cut off on the 19th Dec. Just heard on the television that all customers with DREAM BOXES will be cut off on this date so who is telling the truth are Digital Supreme legal or not they keep telling us they are legal. ANSWER PLEASE

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 127 in Discussion

Msg 38 - If you have a 'Dream Box', the advertisement on the OSN TV channels says, 'you will not have OSN (Orbit Showtime Network) channels after the 19th December 2010'. Who do you believe?

rowlo

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 21:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 127 in Discussion

theres no answers iris1.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 127 in Discussion

re msg 38 Iris1

>>You say Digital Supreme are not legal<< They most certainly aren't - they are card sharing pirates. They pay for one proper subscription and resell it many times over...

>>heard on the television that all customers with DREAM BOXES will be cut off on this date so who is telling the truth <<

Sorry, I just don't know ... in THEORY- the pirates -using dream boxes - should be 'snookered' - we will have to see if the 'pirates' have an 'answer'.

Paying by credit card, monthly in advance, is the ultimate way of keeping one's supplier 'honest'

jimchris09

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 127 in Discussion

FYI

Believe OSN!

Dream boxes etc. will stop working on 19th.

The only way to receive OSN legit after this date will be with a new HD decoder supplied by OSN . New LNB required too.

If you have contact in Oman/Dubai etc. then they could help.

I reside in Oman and so am able to watch legit OSN when I come to TRNC with my card and decoder.

New cards will not work in Humax decoders etc. only in official OSN decoder/recorder.

I pay about GBP50 a month for my subscription.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 22:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 127 in Discussion

Hi jimchris09

Thanks for joining in.

Can you explain why a new LNB will be necessary to receive programming via a new HD decoder ? I am not trying to 'trip you up' - I genuinely don't understand - from a technical point of view..

Is there a link ( it can be in Arabic) to explain this..

jimchris09

Message Posted:
06/12/2010 03:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 127 in Discussion

No idea why LNB is needed.

When the technician came to set up my new box/recorder free of charge, he fitted a new LNB too.

proger1

Message Posted:
06/12/2010 04:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 127 in Discussion

I would guess that it is purely a change that showtime are making as standard, they did it for me a couple of years ago in Dubai, upgraded me to a new decoder as the original one was 4 years old and could no longer be updated with the system they had changed to ad they also changed the LNB, I asked for a dual LNB but they said no.

By the way Mark, thanks for the advice and help with the ADTV setup, got it last month and have it all working in the grey legal way you mentioned that it is registered as being in Dubai but is operating out of North Cyprus.

Paul, my only question is, did you ask the customers you have mentioned above before stating thier satisfaction, I know 1 who you have mentioned and if they are so satisfied why have they now gone elsewhere to get what you are offering at a much higher price. There may be a valid reason so it is only a question however I would point out that Mark advised me at no profit to achieve what I wanted, no charge at all in fact.

Washerman

Message Posted:
06/12/2010 05:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm - you have continually warned members against every local TV provider, you have made predicitions about how their service will decline and it seems, with your connections in the business, been able to make these predictions come true.

Members have lost lots of money having systems installed with the companies who mysteriously began having problems with their systems after your predicitions.

2 + 2 = 4

Proger 1 - I'm immune to comments made by mmmmmm and his back-slapping club. Obviously, if you smuggle a receiver into the TRNC, pay no duties or, tax, transportation costs, Istanbul handling, don't get an electrical certificate etc. etc. etc. - you are breaking the law, but it will be cheaper. Some folk don't mind breaking the law to save a few quid!

As for my customers - I'm sure that they will let me know if they are not happy and anyway, I simply don't believe what you say

Washerman

Message Posted:
06/12/2010 05:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 127 in Discussion

Proger1 - BTW if you are going to break the law, I'd advise you not to advertise it on a public BB

proger1

Message Posted:
06/12/2010 06:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 127 in Discussion

Paul, I asked a simple question based on the truth whether you choose to believe me or not, 1 customer who did purchase a product from you has now gone to another supplier for subsequent equipment and I wondered whether it might be for a different reason than simply the fact that your price is higher for whatever reason, it might well be valid, I did not question it and I am still not.

I only mentioned Mark because he helped me and I thought he deserved some thanks.

If I had broken the law I probably would not write about it so I don't need the advice but thanks anyway.

Keep being immune but yet argueing black is white Paul, I will log off for another few weeks, I always end up in the bad books when I get into it wiith you so you can let me off the hook like you did the last time, I still don't understand that one but I am sure you do.

Washerman

Message Posted:
06/12/2010 06:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 127 in Discussion

I refer you to my previous comments re: back-slappers

Did you get an electrical certificate, did you pay tax and duty etc. ? I doubt it, otherwise it wouldn't be cheaper would it?

Some people will break the law to save a few quid.

As to my advice - take it or, leave it - it's you that's taking the risk, no skin off my nose etc. etc.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
06/12/2010 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman

>>Some people will break the law to save a few quid. <<

1/ the price differential that Paul saved was near twice what you charge for the receiver... the COST price is only 170GBP - with the first years sub.

2/ NO-one is going for a near 3 fold mark-up as being down to all the hoops you have to pass through - it doesn't 'wash'..

Feel free to 'report me' to SKY, Paul to the 'authorities' and anyone who 'dares' to buy a receiver offering a service that your aren't officially supposed to be selling ... for many times less

May be only you miss the irony in your hilarious, 'threatening' and inaccurate posts...

In the mean time I'll get back to making a list of SAT TV offerings and places where folks can buy..

Goonerboy

Message Posted:
06/12/2010 14:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 127 in Discussion

To be fair, now tht digiturk has once again incorporated the premier league, its not a bad little package.

apc2010

Message Posted:
11/12/2010 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 127 in Discussion

Unfortunately you will not be able to subscribe in Cyprus as it is illegal for us to distribute within the region of Europe.

The ways subscriptions are being given out in Cyprus unfortunately is illegal as we do not have any local dealers and this shall be stopped by the 19th of December.

Please do not hesitate to contact us by return e-mail on feedback@osnetwork.com if you require any further assistance or clarification. Alternatively; please call our customer service line directly on +971 4 3677888

lancashirelad

Message Posted:
11/12/2010 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 127 in Discussion

apc2010, are you now saying that you are a representative or official spokesperson of OSN Showtime TV?

If you were only quoting what someone else wrote, then it would be as well to clearly indicate that fact

apc2010

Message Posted:
11/12/2010 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 127 in Discussion

I cannot post the original link due to forum polotics .....it was an original email from them .........

proger1

Message Posted:
11/12/2010 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 127 in Discussion

lancashirelad, I asked him not to quote me so instead of trying to pick holes in the information given please allow the members the benefit of knowing what OSN sent me as a reply to a request for how to get their product.

For some reason there are alot of people who seem to think there is a motive behind free information.

Multi M's had the same problem, you try and inform people that what they are being offered might not be strictly legal and they then have the choice whether they still want it and you get criticised for giving out the information, or is it as I suspect and you just want to attack apc because you differ with some of his other views.

To clarify, I sent a personal mail to OSNetwork to see if I could continue the subscription I had in UAE now that I am in NC as I would need to get a new box to do that as of the 19th and the answer above is for all to see.

Washerman

Message Posted:
12/12/2010 05:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 127 in Discussion

Looks as though Proger 1 has joined mmmmmm's club "Let's stop the Brits' watching TV in Cyprus"

Seems he has written to OSN and told them that OSN is avilable in Cyprus and probably quoted the name and details of the suppliers - there's a well known phrase for someone that does this sort of thing !

Some confusion about who is posting the information too - "APC2010! or, Proger 1 - obviously not as clever as he thinks he is.

He justifies his actions by saying that he is moving from UAE to Cyprus, but we all the know the real reason why he has turned green.

What he doesn't tell everyone though is that he smuggles satellite receivers back from the UAE and sells them to his pals here. Wait til Customs here about this ! - You never know someone that has lost money signing up

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
12/12/2010 05:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 127 in Discussion

with the Pirate suppliers here, who have experienced terrible problems because of the 'actions' of mmmmmm and his back-slapping club, may decide to do the same as Proger 1 and write to the appropriate authorities here - just to enquire whether it is legal to bring 4 or, 5 satellite receivers back in a suitcase and not declare them - a genuine enquiry, of course !

negativenick

Message Posted:
12/12/2010 06:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 127 in Discussion

i think a lot of poeple (Garry Monger included) laughed quite loudly when i siad i was possibly considering a 4.2m dish.................

Well they're not laughing now (mainly cos they've gone back to England)............

Washerman

Message Posted:
12/12/2010 06:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 127 in Discussion

Yes NN but Sky is not legal in Cyprus and you never know, someone from mmmmmm's club maybe writing to Sky and telling them that you have got a 4.2m dish and that you are watching Sky in Cyprus.

Better not let anyone from mmmmmm's club see the numbers on your Sky smart card !

proger1

Message Posted:
12/12/2010 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman, as usual you are trying to twist snippets of information in a nice klittle bow with your lies and accusations to make yourself look better.

Lets cover your accustaions with the truth for a change shall we.

I had a Showtime subscription that I took with me to North Cyprus (Illegally at the time but wasn't sure because of so many available systems in NC) I contacted them to see if it was legal as is stated at the top of this post because if they are legal I will get them again but would need the HD box and as I will be returning to Dubai, would pick it up. apc2010 posted a copy of the mail I recieved. I can post the whole mail if you would like to see it and if it fits on here but you will just accuse me of modifying it.

I did buy a decoder for the ADMC system to get the football and bring it in, a single decoder for my use and at a lower price value that I am required to declare so where is the illegal part of that.

cont.

proger1

Message Posted:
12/12/2010 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 127 in Discussion

I was having a conversation with somone who purchased the same system from you at a vastly increased price and they informed me that they had sourced the very same at a much lower cost than you. I informed them how much it cost me and they were dissapointed again because I had purchased it at a lower price still.

2 other people have asked about the system and 1 of those has lost interest because it does not show scottish football, none have them have bought anything from me and even if they wanted to I have none to sell.

The irony is Paul that you are selling dodgy material to people and taking their money but then trying to blame others if it all goes wrong and your customers lose their money.

"I know I sold stolen goods me lud, but it is the person that told the police who should give the money back"

I would gai nothing from telling the authorities anything, except for losing my own money so what would be the point.

Try telling the truth, please. I hate being lied about.

magicart

Message Posted:
12/12/2010 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 127 in Discussion

What programmes do digiturk broadcast plse.

Art

negativenick

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 06:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 127 in Discussion

All i can remember about Paul / The Internet club was - Problems, lousy customer service, more problems, arogance, cockyness, more problems, rudeness.....

After my experience with him - I WOULD NEVER USE HIM AGAIN........

if he were the only TV supplier in the TRNC - i would rather watch a blank screen...........

I'd give the Internet Club / Paul a Neg Nick 1/10 (and i aint given one out this bad before...)

The thought of paying 1 year up front to this joker gives me the shudders....................

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 07:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 127 in Discussion

It is now so, obvious that Proger 1 and mmmmmm are singing off the same hymn sheet that I feel confident enough to post exactly what I know up to now, but my enquiries still continue and more will be revealed.

Proger 1 says: "I contacted them to see if it was legal." He claims to have contacted Orbit Showtime to see whether it is legal for them to supply TV into Cyprus(Europe) - So, it seems that everyone (except Proger 1) knows that they are not supposed to legally subscribe (by paying the company directly - not stealing by card sharing) to Orbit Showtime, Sky TV, JSC Sports etc. and then, watch TV in Cyprus(Europe)

This excuse doesn't convince me and I'm sure that it doesn't convince anyone else especially, as Proger 1 has written on this forum before and joined in threads in which he has commented and made it clear that he already understood this. He actually wrote to Orbit Showtime to try and stir up a hornet's nest although, I am

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 07:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 127 in Discussion

sure that he will try and say that he did it to help people - and what did they say in their reply (what we knew already) they are not able to legally supply their TV system into Europe ! Did he write to Sky TV or, JSC Sports TV and ask them the same question - No! Why not? Because according to him, he wanted to see if it is legal to bring his Orbit Showtime receiver from the UAE to North Cyprus (the TRNC) - pull the other one Proger 1 !

Proger 1 says: "I did buy a decoder for the ADMC system to get the football and bring it in, a single decoder for my use and at a lower price value that(sic) I am required to declare so where is the illegal part of that." Here, Proger 1 admits that he has brought a decoder into the Country. The value of the decoder is relevant. Whether he obtained an electrical certificate for the decoder is also relevant and, if I were of the same character as Proger 1 (and I am not) I would be running to the authorities and reporting him, but all the

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 07:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 127 in Discussion

same Proger 1, someone in authority may see this post so, I suggest you run and get the relevant electrical certificate otherwise, you are in trouble because you have broken the law of North Cyprus (the TRNC).

Proger 1 says: "I was having a conversation with somone who purchased the same system from you at a vastly increased price and they informed me that they had sourced the very same at a much lower cost than you. I informed them how much it cost me and they were dissapointed (sic) again because I had purchased it at a lower price still."

Folks, I think that everyone realises that certain products are cheaper in some Countries. Obviously, anyone that is prepared to illegally bring such a product into another Country will save a few quid, but not everyone does it. People like Proger 1, who frequently pass across territories and borders do however, look for products that are more expensive in a certain Country because of taxes, duties, regulation and transportation costs

cont

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 07:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 127 in Discussion

and then illegally smuggle those products into the more expensive Country to save money or, for profit.

I also think that most people realise that a company that is legitimately trading in a Country, observing the laws and regulations of that Country, legally importing goods into that Country (with a valid import licence) and obtaining the correct paperwork and certificates for the imports, who is paying the correct taxes, duties, KDV, Istanbul handling charges, transportation costs, agent's commissions, electrical certificates and who is paying the cost of obtaining/renewing work permits, making Ihtiyat Sandigi payments, Social Sigorta payments, personal taxation payments, company tax and accountants fees has to cover all these costs.

On top of this, a lot of people would also prefer to deal with a local company that has successfully traded in the North Cyprus (the TRNC) for a number of years, people who they know and trust and can ring seven days

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 07:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 127 in Discussion

a week, who have a good track record of offering customer service in North Cyprus (the TRNC) and know that, help, if they need it, is on hand.

How many people know that Dubai is a duty free port ? Probably everyone ! To compare the price of a product obtained in a Duty Free port to the price of a product obtained from a local supplier is senile. To then say: we are supplying a product at a "vastly increased price" could be described as 'stretching reader's imaginations,' but I will just say that it is pathetic.

Some people may say: it's a shame that Proger 1, who spends so much time working away from his family, doesn't earn enough income to enable him to avoid having to illegally bring products into North Cyprus (the TRNC) to save a few quid and others may say: I suspect that the real reason that he does it is not for the money, but to make himself look 'clever' down the local pub - it's sad really ! - I know better and will reveal all !

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 07:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 127 in Discussion

Proger 1 says: "The irony is Paul that you are selling dodgy material to people and taking their money but then trying to blame others if it all goes wrong and your customers lose their money"

First of all, the products that are available are genuine HD satellite receivers (legally imported into North Cyprus (the TRNC), not "dodgy material" as Proger 1 describes them. Secondly, in saying this, Proger 1 has given us a hint as to his real intentions - to make "customers lose their money" which in turn he reckons, will make me look bad ! Here lies the real reason why he, in cahoots with mmmmmm, is doing this - because they don't like me and want to make me look bad - pathetic, I know. They reckon they have cornered the market in intelligence and don't like being challenged so, they are desperate to make me look bad, no matter what problems they cause for people in achieving their goal.

Let's look at what we know about Proger 1 and mmmmmm:

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 07:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm has been banned from this board because of his campaign against a well-known Pirate TV provider.

He made some predictions about a certain Pirate TV provider and as soon as he did, they started to experience problems providing a decent service until their service deteriorated to the point where it wasn't watchable. Lot's have people paid in excess of £500 to have this system installed and had to pay more to have it replaced. Do the Proger 1 and mmmmmm duo care ?

mmmmmm 'advises'/'helps' board members under the mantle of being an expert in satellite TV. Certainly, he has admitted to having connections 'high-up' in the world of satellite TV and also, admits to sitting on the anti-piracy panel.

How can he sit on this panel and at the same time, offer for sale through his web site "www.skycards.us", official Sky cards and receivers for illegal use outside the UK ? Maybe someone should write to the current members of the anti-piracy panel and enquire.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 07:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm in effect, has also admitted to having a spy in the camp of another TV provider, he did this when he revealed the details from a private email that was forwarded to him by his spy, who is an existing internet customer of his new 'target' company (and we know who it is - Ian)

Now he has more or, less finished off the previous 'target' company, he now turns his attention to another TV supplier and gets one of his back-slapping cronies (Proger 1) to write to Orbit Showtime 'supposedly' making an enquiry as to whether he can bring his Orbit Showtime package from UAE to Cyprus(in Europe)

They badly want to put a stop to the new supplier who is providing original equipment and they will do anything in their quest to do so. But, even I didn't think that they would stoop so low as to informing and then, be so stupid as to admit it on this board.

Has anyone had any problems with their Sky TV package on either a 1.8m or, 4.2m dish - the illegal service

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 07:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 127 in Discussion

that mmmmmm has repeatedly recommended on this board and advised members to buy from his friend/business associate "Iceman" - I doubt it so, why should anyone have any problems with other services that are supplied on the same terms as those of Sky, but then, I am not writing to Sky and drawing their attention to the fact that many people in the TRNC are registered in the UK, but receiving their service in the TRNC - Proger 1 is however !

So, at the moment, with the spying and informing activities of Proger 1 and mmmmmm - my advice to anyone using any of the TRNC suppliers should be warned. Do not let anyone have the numbers off the smart cards or, satellite receivers in your home. If either of the people involved in the TV espionage outrage get hold of them, they will inform on you and get your TV connections switched off !

Now, I'm off to trawl through the Dubai and UAE expat forums to see what else I can find out about the

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 07:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 127 in Discussion

informers - good job they don't reside in mmmmmm's Country of birth, but then, with their antics, they'd have had manners put onto them before now !

Sorry Proger 1 and mmmmmm, but the people reading this will be adding 2+2 and getting 4.

There's no smoke without fire.

If the cap fits wear it !

As Tom Jones once sang "the green, green, grass.................

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 07:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 127 in Discussion

Negative Nick - even you are allowed your opinion. I have an opion about you, but I wouldn't educate you and tell you what it is.

All that I will say is that when I meet people, I treat them as they treat me. It seems from your comments that you tried, but I got the better of you.

You must feel that I belittled you - I apologise, but try to get over it - you have been harbouring these thoughts for too long.

It's years since TIC was sold

proger1

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 127 in Discussion

Paul, I recieved your personal e-mail requesting that I stop writing about your services which is how you support your family and you will not allow anyone to cause problems that may affect them. A very genuine request that I will comply with just as soon as you stop telling lies about me to make yourself sound better.

You see, I am not moving to NC, I have lived there for some time all ready and as I do not travel any hold baggage it would be hard for me to smuggle anything in large qauntities with only a laptop case.

I don't care about you defending your self and your company but do it without lieing about me so that people will not think badly of myself and my family please, it is a two way street.

By the way, I mentioned the personal e-mail on here because I don't think it is fair that you write all these speculations about me in public and then ask me privately to end a dispute of your making, I did not mention you at all in my return but you attacked me and called me a grass.

proger1

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 127 in Discussion

I will now as requested have nothing more to do with you however I would appreciate you not attacking me personally because the truth I print regardless of why you think I did it for is not what you want people to see.

Can you imagine how members would feel if they were being called liars, thiefs, swindlers and the one that nearly drove me to being very nasty a grass because they said one restaurant is more expensive than another.

If any member honestly believes that my asking the truth from a supplier in order to get the full truth and printing it on here was a deliberate attempt to sabotage your existing system then you have my complete apology. I have not written one word of a lie or made any suppositions on this subject but am being accused of a great many things based on someone making their own expansions to information.

Enough said, ironically I thought I would get banned for returning here but instead have had to defend myself from accusations about my life.

Washerman

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 04:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 127 in Discussion

A Public Statement from Washerman

In the past (before internet forums) people used to finger-point in public, start rumours and spread gossip.

Newspapers consulted their lawyers before speculating about someone with 'cleverly' worded headlines.

Business rivals and jealous competitors would cock their heads and start Chinese whispers.

People formed their own little cliques, associations and exclusive clubs and ridiculed people for their own amusement and enjoyment.

Nowadays, internet forums allow people to speculate anonymously in public.

People hide behind their keyboards, tapping out dribble. They amuse themselves by causing people problems, heartache and misery.

They do it because they have nothing else to do.

They do it because they don't know the worst thing that can happen.

People read it because it is amusing - as long as it is not happening to them.

Who are these people ? What is their motive ? Do they have lives beyond the keyboard ?

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 04:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 127 in Discussion

These people conceal their true identities and motives and channel their 'rage' into comments that they disguise as 'help' and 'advice' to the less knowledgeable.

How angry and jealous are these people ?

They are as angry as someone who has just been told by the Doorman - "You, can't come in!"

They are as jealous as someone watching everyone else filing past them into the night club.

You know the type - "Do you know who I am ?"

Self proclaimed, modern day Robin Hood(s) - helping the less knowledgeable with their expertise, experience and advice.

Well, let me tell you - nobody gives anything away for free. There's no such thing as a free lunch. There's always an ulterior motive.

Some people worked their whole lives to gain some standing room, a position in life, credibility and the respect of their Peers - you won't find them here.

Some people yearned their whole lives for a platform to speak, to be recognised, acknowledged - at last ! - this forum is full of them.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 04:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 127 in Discussion

There has been much 'speculation' about me and my business on this forum.

Now, except for when people peddle their dribble about me/my business in public, I no longer contribute.

I don't miss it and I don't like it - Why? I don't like some of the people that hang out here.

After nearly eight years, I am still here so, I must be doing something right.

In business, I give my word and my guarantee. I don't get it right all the time, but I do put it right all the time.

I give everyone a guarantee, even my jealous rivals - I will give as good as I get, I will keep coming back and I will be the last man standing !

How do I know all this - I read it somewhere on a forum.

Oh, I nearly forgot - 20% off whilst stocks last - 0533 869 4372

aussiejock

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 05:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 127 in Discussion

well I really enjoyed this post, and there is a ? mark as to the motives of some individuals on Cyprus44, thanks for your reply Washerman and I wouldn't trust mmmmmm as far as I could throw him, all his motives seem to be of self interest only.

Robert

LordJim

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 127 in Discussion

only 5 days to go who will be right washed out or several ms ??

Washerman

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 09:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 127 in Discussion

Lord Jim (Laugh)

If you care to look back over some of my previous posts on this forum, you will see that it was in fact Washerman who informed everyone that the Pirated services were being switched off. People using the new official HD receiver have absolutely nothing to worry about - as long as they keep their receiver details away from prying eyes.

The old smart card system is now defunct, OSN stopped issuing smart cards earlier this year and it is this facility that is being switched off in the satellite on the 19th December.

Lord Jim, if I were you, I'd sit down and read messages 77, 78, and 79 then, have a hot cup of coffee with a wee dram before taking a long hard look in the mirror - it's you, you know!

apc2010

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 127 in Discussion

so post no1 was correct...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 18:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 127 in Discussion

aussiejock

re msg 80

>>wouldn't trust mmmmmm as far as I could throw him, all his motives seem to be of self interest only. <<

Would you like to be specific as to how you arrived at such a conclusion - could it be it is merely because I pointed out the VPN prog you recommended bombards folks with adverts.. [ vpnshield]

'self-interest' .. please tell me EXACTLY how I've benefited from:

warning folk re pirates will take their money and run

pointing out that folks taking advantage of the situation [ formerly criticised me for attacking 'TRNC' businesses ;) ] are 'ripping off' punters by supplying Abu Dhabi kit that costs only 170 Quid in a super market with NO guarantee that this can supply next years subs - if they lose their non official supply source.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but when it comes to saying I can't be trusted - you'd have to be able to back that up with a REAL reason......

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 127 in Discussion

( cont) indeed it WAS Washerman that posted the specific date and he DID have an anterior motive..

Perhaps a little reflection as to why he was so 'anti' my warnings before he decided to offer an 'alternative' is more appropriate ?.....

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 127 in Discussion

apc2010 - post no 1 was partly correct, but it was a wind-up. This info has already been posted, for the actual info, go to http://www.ticproblemsolver.com and scroll to the bottom of the page

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 127 in Discussion

Sighs..

Washerman ticproblemsolver is *your* site... and the info was available on / from OSN and on satellite forums months before...

Blackbird

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 127 in Discussion

It's the 19th...........

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 127 in Discussion

Of course it's my site and do you know how long that information has been on my site?

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 127 in Discussion

Hre's another page on my site that has been up since April this year:

http://www.ticproblemsolver.com/north_cyprus_satellite_tv/

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 127 in Discussion

re msg 89..

Do you remember how long *I've* been warning of the sat TV companies plans to deal with the pirates and how you have told members I'm just anti-'TRNC' and tried to make my advice seem 'biased' ?

Am *I* selling AD media ( or even SKY kit ) at inflated prices - charging FAR more than their intended home market..?

You know the answer..

So.. let's have some honesty and fair pricing...

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm - I don't know what you're selling, your web sites are blank

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 127 in Discussion

re msg 92

>>I don't know what you're selling, your web sites are blank<<

So, you agree I can be objective / unbiased.. GOOD..

Better you spend your time answering valid points / reducing your prices to reflect an honest price -bearing in mind the 170 GBP retail cost - rather than than looking for reasons to deflect...

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm - why do you feel the need to keep repeating yourself? DO you really think that readers are that naive?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 19:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 127 in Discussion

re msg 94

I just answer your questions... I can't help it if you repeat them .. shame you don't seem capable of answering the 'difficult' one's I ask of you....

You have 'the floor'.. Family life time....

apc2010

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 19:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 127 in Discussion

hey least it kept it top eh.?

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 127 in Discussion

Please take this ongoing dispute off board otherwise it will be done for you.

AJ

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 20:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 127 in Discussion

OK, I'm going now, AJ hope your TV system is working fine, any problems let me know

Regards

Paul

apc2010

Message Posted:
19/12/2010 20:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 127 in Discussion

what internet speed do you need for a sling box.?/

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 127 in Discussion

Dear APC2010

your end - preferably a min of 1 meg.. and it has to be stable..

aussiejock

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 127 in Discussion

Message 84 mmmmmm

you said

Would you like to be specific as to how you arrived at such a conclusion - could it be it is merely because I pointed out the VPN prog you recommended bombards folks with adverts.. [ vpnshield].

it's not vpnshield it's expatshield and it doesn't bombard you with adverts. and no your type of thinking is wrong I have no animosity towards you I find some of your posts very interesting, and I enjoy reading them and get information which may be of interest to me, but you should express yourself in a more positive manner and try to be more humble in your response to some posts, and not be Mr right all the time,

we had the gold cards in Australia around 6/7 years ago, and I can tell you now, you will not be able break the encryption, we used to pay $150 for the pirated card which lasted 1 year, so forget the pirated cards they will be of no use to you, they may break the encryption for a day, but that's as far as you will get with a pirated card.

Rober

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 127 in Discussion

Hi Robert..

you said >>>>wouldn't trust mmmmmm as far as I could throw him, all his motives seem to be of self interest only. << <<

I don't see how this reply in ANY goes to show why I shouldn't be trusted.. *you* still need to explain that - it is patently nonsense.

I'm giving a UK VPN for free - no spam - no adverts - no installation prog.. perhaps I'm mad.. but I lived in Cyprus and I know what it's like to be an ex-pat and I can do it.. I have tolk folk that it will last another six months at least.. hardly 'self-interest' .. the thanks I get is sufficient..

2/ When it comes to sat TV.. I know the folks in the companies.. so it is hard to be 'wrong'..

Should I be 'more humble', sometimes..? it is not an unreasonable request.. I would offer in my 'defence' that I get more than my fair share of stick.. normally for those that DO have self-interest..

aussiejock

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 16:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 127 in Discussion

well thats my thinking, and to give out VPN's and say you do it for nothing I do not believe, there is motive in your endeavours to get people involved in your scheme, and all I can think of is you will try to benefit Financially in the long run, if I'm wrong then all is forgiven and I will apologise to you in the near future. I do not see you as a bad person, but as a businessman, and you are not in this to loose money, I have been in the computer game since 1979, and I have delt with a lot of IT professionals, some very good, others I just wouldn't trust, and I have told them so, because productivity derives from a good presentation and knowledge of the product and not on being how smart the person thinks he is, when you are involved in 2 or 3 million dollar machines, getting it right the first time is paramount to a successful business, why I said what I said is because that's the way you come across in my eyes, and I do not have any grudge against you as I think you are intelegent

aussiejock

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 127 in Discussion

sorry that should have been intelligent.

Robert

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 127 in Discussion

Dear Robert

re 104

>>to give out VPN's and say you do it for nothing I do not believe, there is motive in your endeavours to get people involved in your scheme, and all I can think of is you will try to benefit Financially in the long run<<

As I've been giving selected members a freebie for 1.5 years and went open on this forum six months ago - please tell me how long I have to wait before you realise I had no agenda... I have explained.. I just know what it's like to be an expat in CY...

Other things subsidise the service and it existed - for other uses - a LONG tome before the use for TV came about ..

As long I have have the capacity - folks on this board can enjoy it ..

Now the question is.. when do I win back your respect....?

The DAFT thing is I care....

notthereyet

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 127 in Discussion

When will this comparrison website be up and running??

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 127 in Discussion

Sorry, notthereyet..

if your asking me.. over the Xmas hols.

notthereyet

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 127 in Discussion

Thanks 6m i look forward to it Happy Xmas

aussiejock

Message Posted:
21/12/2010 06:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm thanks for your response I will keep looking at your posts and will come to a decision on your merits, I read your posts and replys with anticipation as I know I'm going to enjoy reading them or be disappointed with them, anything with electronics, computers, or internet I log onto because I know there will be a reply from you, and if I can learn from your knowledge great but if I think you are heavy handed or wrong I will most likely say so, when someone puts a suggestion forward you just can't say off hand that it's rubbish, you have to assess the program to find it's faults, disadvantage's, and advantages, and then make your comments, you have great knowledge in the IT field, but most people do not, and will take your every word as gospel, that's why you must be very accurate in your assessment of such

all I ask is be more caring with your answers and you will get the respect that you deserve, thanks for your time and I look forward to your future posts and replys

Rober

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/12/2010 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 127 in Discussion

Robert you aren't going to 'like' *this* response, then ;)

>>all I ask is be more caring with your answers<<

That STILL doesn't excuse

>>wouldn't trust mmmmmm as far as I could throw him, all his motives seem to be of self interest only.<<

I was hoping you'd have done the right thing by now....

Try asking yourself this..

Where you a member when I foretold the crap that was ahead for Dopi / and other pirate 'companies' clients.. if folk HAD have trusted me they'd be happier and better off

I wasn't offering an alternative - so HOW was I benefiting ?

Merry Xmas

aussiejock

Message Posted:
21/12/2010 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 127 in Discussion

I could have told you a few years ago that all pirated cards would be turned off, anyone in the industry would have known this, I just wonder why it took them so long to achieve this in NC, one of the first countries they tackled was South Africa, and we found out that the pirates just couldn't activate the gold cards, so it didn't take them long to get to Australia, all you needed was a PC and a PIC smartcard programmer and you could download the hex files from the internet, all you are doing is to emulate a real access card, those days are gone, and we now have to pay a premium to have satellite TV, it's not cheap in Australia, but the free to air channels are fighting back, we have 14 free to air and a new one coming on the 11th January, so total will be15,

I still think it to be of self interest, as far as I could throw you, this may have been a bit rude on my part, but I found some of your replys festered on attacking others, and I couldn't let it rest at that, Robert

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 127 in Discussion

>>I could have told you a few years ago that all pirated cards would be turned off<<

may be so, but I did with certainty... and loads of 'one-trick members' with bizarre names suggested I was 'jealous' / mad etc.,

I knew ( pretty much) what most sat tv co. had planned.. new encryption deals, etc.

AGAIN .. Please tell us my 'self-interest' - as I don't supply to 'TRNC' .. and I give the VPN to members for FREE..

I'm tinkering with slingbox hosting freeview kit and mentioning that... but it ain't commercially 'live' , yet, the market in 'TRNC' isn't huge and the internet is largely CR*P, so think again ;)

aussiejock

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 127 in Discussion

my goodness you do keep going on, re your self-interest, well you keep knocking everyone else that is in competition with your mate, this is now closed as I find that your alter ego will not accept criticism from anyone, and you will berate anyone that thinks differently from you, I have lost interest in this post and it's time we gave it a rest.

Robert

Swissnet

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 12:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 127 in Discussion

http://www.tvcatchup.com/ anyone??

Just get a media pc or laptop with a tv putput and away you go tv on demand

jlb777

Message Posted:
20/02/2011 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm - I have spent many months reading around the forums and I am slightly confused, as such was wondering if you could kindly help clarify something?

I see you have engaged in many a dispute with "washerman" about grey imports of osn and admc satellite packages, in the main because they are not licensed for viewing in Cyprus. Surely the same is true of UK tv, irrelevant of the method used to watch, i.e. Tvcatchup.com/iplayer via pptp VPN or your own home tv via sling box?

I am just trying to understand the issue that you have with washerman as I would like to potentially purchase a satellite package from him.

Thanks in advance

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/02/2011 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 127 in Discussion

Dear Jib777

My issue with 'washerman' is simply that he was charging an inordinate markup over the price anyone can buy the kit in a supermarket in UAE, Syria, etc - If you've been examining his pricing THEN and now, you'd notice a marked fall...

He claimed 'officialdom' which he hadn't got.

Neither OSN or AD TV have licensed official sellers in Cyprus, as they haven't got the TV rights for Cyprus - so in theory they could turn off any receiver showing the package...and if pushed by the UK Premier League - that's what happens..

So, If you wish to pay through the nose.. when you can pay less

I've long defended the right of EU citizens to view their nations content - as stopping them was against an EU Directive on TV.

You may be aware of a lady from Portsmouth who was fined for showing Nova Greece in her pub.. She has recently learnt from the European Court of Justice that the Advocate General supports her contention that the EU is an open market for European TV.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/02/2011 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 127 in Discussion

(cont)

For your reference:

http://ec.europa.eu/avpolicy/reg/tvwf/index_en.htm

Many folks offering SKY in Cyprus get 'cease and desist' letters - if they claim 'officialdom' but if the ECJ rule as per the Advocate Generals legal advice SKY can't restrict their service to UK / IRL, any more than Nova Greece or the Prem League can stop a UK publican showing Greek based broadcasts.

This only applies to EU based platforms - not ones from Arabs nations...

The UK Premiere League can and DO insist on receivers showing their content outside of the region designated being switched off, so I advise caution re advertising the fact that you have it and show it for public consumption.

The Permission League don't care about the 'law' in 'TRNC' - they set their rules to the sat tv cos..and it is only in EU nations where that can now be challenged.

I expect there'd be another Court case if SKY turned off someone in Cyprus and the affected person appealed to the ECJ.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/02/2011 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 127 in Discussion

( cont)

someone so effected, using an Arab service, has no such right of appeal.

Now Slingboxes..

SKY have something in their Ts and Cs to prevent 'place shifting' - that has yet to be legally tested as 'fair' .. but I'm not offering SKY packages - just Free to view services that anyone can view with a dish..

I am QUITE certain that I'm not breaching the EU Directive

jlb777

Message Posted:
20/02/2011 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm - A very comprehensive response, thanks for taking the time to reply.

James

Roomy

Message Posted:
20/02/2011 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 127 in Discussion

All anyone needs is a good broadband, worldwide tv is at your fingertips

Washerman

Message Posted:
21/02/2011 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 127 in Discussion

jlb777 - we already have customers in their second year contracts which in Cyprus, are supplied on the same basis as those from Sky.

Previous customers have ignored the "Washerman's a rip off" slur and bought in their droves. Later, I'll take a picture of the old satellite dishes that I have switched, that are piled up in my drive-way and post it for you to see.

They say that our packages are excellent quality and good value for money - compared to travelling to Syria - ;)

I'd wait to see if you do eventually move from the UK to live in Cyprus and then, canvas some opinion

No harm in saving the number though - 0533 869 4372

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/02/2011 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 127 in Discussion

Dear Washerman

How is is a 'slur' - the receiver for AD TV costs 170 GBP retail and WHAT are you charging ?

It's no biggie to find a 90cm- 1m dish and have it installed.

Lastly, let's see what happens at renewal time or when ( say) AD TV upgrade the receivers... or change encryption...

Chegwin

Message Posted:
21/02/2011 13:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 127 in Discussion

I was well impressed when Washerman and Washerboy turned up, on time, to fit me out with a new system. Clean and quick and I was left with a lot better than I had before.

A clear and well presented instruction run through was done before they left ensuring I could work the buttons.

Got what I paid for.

Great service.

Thanks

Washerman

Message Posted:
21/02/2011 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 127 in Discussion

Thank you Chegwin. Customer service is a concept that not everyone grasps, but there are many, like yourself, who prefer to deal with a legal, well established, reputable business.

We're always at the end of the phone and in a service industry, that's not something that should be taken for granted.

I guarantee our customers one thing above all else. At http://www.satellitecyprus.com - the customer is King ! I will always maintain a price at which I can stay in business and continue to offer an exceptional level of customer service.

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to this thread and kept it going, it gives our satisfied customers the opportunity to praise the quality of our product and service.

In business in the TRNC with the same telephone numbers for 7+ years - quality installation of OSN and ADMC TV packages (and various other TV products) - http://www.satellitecyprus.com

Get the picture!

jlb777

Message Posted:
21/02/2011 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 127 in Discussion

Hi Paul (washerman),

I tried to enquire via the form on your website, but no reply received :-(

I am interested in the OSN Showbox HD receiver on premium plus package and just wanted to know the total cost -> I believe it is 1625 tl Inc first year subs? Is that right? I was specifically trying to stay away from the none DVR based Humax reciever?

Do you have an email address so I can communicate with you off of the boards?

Big thanks in advance...

James

Chegwin

Message Posted:
21/02/2011 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 127 in Discussion

Jimbo

Email on profile and phone number posted many times on this thread.

Washer and the little 'un do a great job.

You pay for what you get. Top dollar. Top service.

Chegs

jlb777

Message Posted:
21/02/2011 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 127 in Discussion

Thanks Chegs,

I dont have enough stars to see email info against memebers profiles :-(

I am in also in the UK, so thought would be easier to get into a conversation via email as I tend to travel all over the place.

Thanks for confirming your super experience of their service

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.