North Cyprus Tourist Board - Direct Traveller, Northern Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Direct Traveller, Northern Cyprus

Direct Traveller, Northern Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

shrimp

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 13:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

This company has just been named No 77 in the best company awards(UK) in the Sunday Times today......this is for all sectors not just the travel sector.....they put it down to continual growth in the last three years, so looks like Nothern Cyprus is still on the map as somewhere people want to come............I wish I was there now!!!

walkerscott

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

No 77 eh! They are still expensive and many people are now opting for the cheaper package deals offered on the South. The Travel Agencies in the TRNC were given heavy Government subsidies until very recently!? This was not made public And even a contract with the Travel Agencies doesn't mean a thing. Sadly.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

Its a lovely day today and i had a drive to Esentepe village the coast line looked lovely and the sea is calm and deep blue. I am very lucky living here.

Traveller0392

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

Direct Traveller ... well done ... !!

ps. My Grandfather once gave me a sound piece of advice .... "If thas nowt good t'say lad. ... then shut up" .... ...

Ernie ... RAF Cyprus/North Africa 1943 ...

LordJim

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

always smart with clean vehicles and do not drive like some of the loonies tht are about from what i have seen.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

Msg 2 Scott - This is why most agents in the UK could not easily match the flight prices offered and as a rule our overheads and legal responsibilites are far higher too.

Direct Traveller's marketing and PR are good - some might say they are lucky they can afford it.

shrimp

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

We have always booked with Direct traveller and have always had very good service, we do tend to book when they have a deal on so we always come out in pocket and their reps are just the best.............nothing is too much trouble for them in fact they do much more than I am sure they are paid to do...............Hi Gemma!!!xx

walkerscott

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

I used Direct Traveller a lot until they increased their prices by up to 30 last January. But I notice that they are not the only ones. Most of them are much alike often offering to undercut the other if they are offering lower internet prices. Good luck to any business in their aspirations to make more profit and provide the customer with a good deal. Cyprus Premier also do a grand job but their prices have also now increased significantly.

Ian, freedom of expression is important, as are choice of words - everything is a matter of personal perspective.

Traveller0392

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

Re message 8: But ofcourse ... .. perhaps I may have read too much into the text and as you say, "personal perspective" .. ....

As someone who attended the International Tourism Fair, at the Excel in London this year, the general turnout seemed a little low key ... ... and whilst the NC tourism companies do their best, I wouldn't expect they needed any 'knocking' ...you seemed surprised by DT's 77 in the rankings? .... subtle, but could be misconstrued.

As someone who works in the online industry, I know that it can be detrimental to ones efforts when reading things posted on the internet. I would like to see growth in NC's toursim and yes I have a vested interest. ... I wonder what's yours? ....

Glasbury

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

I have used Direct Traveller quite a few times and cannot fault them for price or service. They are most reliable and quick and easy to deal with. I have also been able to negotiate with them and get some freebies thrown in such as meals, car hire etc. Every little helps !

walkerscott

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 16:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

Ian

Vested interests, none, other than wanting a good deal for everyone especially when compared to the RoC! Their holiday packages seem to be catering for all, including solo travellers. Their deals for 4 + 5* hotel packages are slowly establishing themselves as better then those in the north which I feel is a great shame and will detract from the TRNC's efforts. Is it greed in the north or total arrogance of the Hotels' Association and Hotel Owners?

I know that all newly established hotels get significant tax exemptions for 10 years which should help reduce the prices and make the TRNC a better choice! I love the North and wish all businesses well but it would appear that the tide is taking business elsewhere ...

Pippie

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 18:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

My parents used them when they came last month. The transfer from Larnaca included in the price was invaluable for them on their first trip here and not having a clue what to do.

It's a shame they couldn't be more competitive for next year or they would have used them again.

Traveller0392

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

"JS"

... I think anything that they do in the North that is deemed to be any good seems to be a bit of a surprise to you ... I have stated my interest in Tourism... 'to be honest, I don't really give a damn what goes on South of the border' .... Aya Napa .. does cater for singles ... ' .... 'Arrogant hotel owners' ..mmm? ... What are you saying?

We can bring in all kinds of peripheral arguments to the cause, but my point is that you have no just cause in knocking, in public view, with your mightier than though approach .... ps. what paper are you reading? ... is it VIZ?

walkerscott

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

Ian

I state my opinion only. I am not on here to argue with anyone. I love the north but that does not prevent me from comparing holiday packages from agencies. It also gives those reading the forum a more balanced view.

Like I said, it's all about personal perspective. I shall leave it at that because otherwise we are highjacking a perfectly good thread.

We shall not be discussing anything else in future. Good day to you.

John

Traveller0392

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

Good afternoon John

I have just read the 'rules of the forum' ... and way down on the list is 'personal attacks'... I would argue it was your comment that hijacked the thread in the first place ........

Indeed, I may have contravened the forum rules, but in doing so, I feel that your comment was also in this league ... toward the said poster.

Perhaps we should both apologise, shake hands and move on ... . .... ..

Message to Admin Forum ... 2 Efes on my Account to JS...

walkerscott

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

Agreed!

I apologise to Hilary if that is the way I came over, but I still welcome good honest opinion on this forum.

I will also drink with you when I'm over. Thank you.

walkerscott

Message Posted:
06/12/2010 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

Ian

I have just set up the Travel Agencies "Poll Page"... Please go on site and Vote if you wish.

Regards

John

http://www.no-deeds-no-money.moonfruit.com

Traveller0392

Message Posted:
06/12/2010 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

Cheers JS.... After sitting with my good lady doing her Masters Degree, part of the syllabus was to get direct feedback from clients , Cyprus 44 members kindly obliged. ... There is more to the subject of conducting polls than I first thought and it even depends on the type of question you ask.... Qualitative or Quantitative? ... Sample size, ie how many people you ask ... age, preferences, past experience all goes into the final feedback .... .... for example,would you ask 100 Manchester United fans to name their favourite manager ?... or would you ask for 2 or 3 fans from every club in the football league ... ps.... don't ask this to any Newcastle fans today... .

walkerscott

Message Posted:
08/12/2010 08:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

Ian

re message 18. I know exactly what you mean, the polling, marketing industry is an interesting subject.

In this respect could you and yours give me some advice, help, input into building the content or Polls for my travel industry page(s). I am trying out a new Poll widget which lets observers see results without having to vote which you'll see when visiting the page. Nothing is in stone at the moment.

John

http://no-deeds-no-money.moonfruit.com/#/travel-agencies/4546292458

lockerley@hotmail.com

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
08/12/2010 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

WalkerScott

I have just looked at your web page IMHO this is just a blatant advert for your two favorite tour operators (not travel agents). You try to influence the reader to vote in one way only.

On top of this with the article about what is offered in the south when they are empty you are again trying to influence opinion. Until you offer a selection of suppliers and better formed (not directive) questions/options any opinion formed will be very very biased. You also need to stop biasing the opinion before the vote is made.

I'm sure you know the question or it's many equivalents

"have you stopped battering your wife yet?" your survey is like it rather than

1] are you male or female

2] if male are you married

3] if you have a wife has she battered you

4] if you have a wife have you battered her

5] if yes to 3 has she stopped

6] if yes to 4 have you stopped

7] If yes to any of 3, 4, 5, 6 why & what has happened or helped

That survey might be a little less biased

John

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
08/12/2010 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

Folowing message 20 - I do realise the form is in a draft format so I hope you will take my thoughts as freindly not as being a foe.

John

walkerscott

Message Posted:
08/12/2010 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

Hi John

re message 20 - great , this is what i need.

Let me have some travel agency poll questions. I have stated that the page is under construcion, not set in concrete and that any input is welcome from anyone.

I thought DT and CP were travel agencies? Other agency names to me please

john

flightholiday

Message Posted:
08/12/2010 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

John Msg 22

In the UK some are travel agents some are tour operators and some are both.

In the TRNC or Turkey they are all Travel Agents but some are A class some are B class (check the Kitsab rules)

In theory a travel agent can't supply you with a full package (flights plus another ground component) unless they are ATOL bonded under the Package Travel Regulations. The cost of being a tour operator can be much higher and with higher risks to the owners than being a travel agent and needs far more bonding etc.

With regard to the list of operators that is fairly static but agents sometimes can come and go with the wind. As a rule the ones who charge more are far more likely to be there when things go wrong as they are more solidly based than any business that sells on the cheap.

If you want more thoughts to assist you then call or email me and I will try.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.