North Cyprus Tourist Board - Im confused, please help - property questions
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Im confused, please help - property questions

Im confused, please help - property questions

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

jetl3on

Message Posted:
10/08/2007 12:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi,

Im a newbie and what im about to ask has probably been covered but despite my search didnt find the answer, so here goes

1) Is Pre74 flats 100% risk free (in terms of title) as I have been led to believe? what do you recommend? Eshger?

2) Would you still recommend buying in TRNC to a close friend, despite the negative stuff you may have experienced or read about?

3) if I am looking for a simple family holiday home, beach side, within 30minutes to ercan, what areas should I be considering?

4) Should I expect central heating in all new builds?

5) Being a non-EU island, they are not governed by the sort of quality standards, we must abide by, so how do you ensure your apartment/block is off a high standard?

Many questions, so please accept my apologies. be interested to hear your experiences.

Many Thanks

JB

Marvo

Message Posted:
10/08/2007 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Hi JB.

I'm also new to this forum, I bought property in Alsancak one year ago off plan and it's due to be complete in a couple of months. I bought it before I started reading these forums and all the negative threads. If I had read these forums first I would have had my doubts and probably hesitated and thought twice about it.

Pre 74 is as safe as you will get here but you will pay a premium for it. Maybe in 5 or 10 years it may not hold the same premium, it's a chance you take. I have gone for Exchange deeds, and if I have to pay compensation to someone in the future, then so be it, but I think I would have paid approx 20K extra for the pre 74 anyway.

After reading all these forums I would still recommend this place to my friends and family. I have yet to meet anyone who has visited both the North and South on holiday, and gone back to the South.

With regard to location it is really a personal preference, as soon as you recommend one place you start a different thread with other people slagging off your choice of area. I'm going to retire, so I'm looking for an area where the services and ammenities are allready in place, so I opted for the west of Kyrenia. My origonal thoughts were for the Esentepe Area, but after visiting it I opted for Alsancak, mainly because at my time of life I didnt want to hang about for 5-10 years for the services to follow the residents.

With regard to central heating, who knows. I'm from north of the border and the winters are getting milder, so I'll take my chance with a log fire and a thick quilt on the bed.

Don't listen to any negative stories about third world countries and build quality. These people have been building houses and villa's for as long as us and the quality is in most cases higher than the UK, but that is just my opinion.

I have friends who have bought a quarter share of a 2 bed Villa in Spain for approx £50k, here you can have your own 3 bed Appartment for the same price, or a villa with pool for under £100K.

Do your research, get an independant lawyer and bear in mind that there are hundreds of happy purchasers that are getting on with living the dream, and most of the moaning ones still love it and wouldn't go back.

All the best with it.

pilgrim

Message Posted:
10/08/2007 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Good responce Marvo

p

Jarra

Message Posted:
11/08/2007 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Dear JB

first of all the land question you raise will always receive many different answer's, quite simply there are various title deeds.

1. Turkish Title

2. Pre 74 Title Deeds

3. Exchange Land

4. TMD Land

The first two are internationally recognised so therefore the safest land 3 and 4 are previously greek owned land.

I like many others have bought exchange land which I feel confident to have purchased, as this is land that the Turkish Government have deemed safe to purchase and build on.

The TMD land is open for debate some will say with the Greeks refusing to reunification under the terms of the Annan Plan in 2004, then all the land in the North will always remain Turkish title deeds and safe to build on.

Others will say that if in years to come reunification does materialise then this land will not be safe.

The only thing i would say to anyone who ask's my opinion please do your research like you would in the UK, check the builders work, speak to people who have purchased from that company or any company you choose to buy from.

Sadly there are many who's dreams have been shattered not just in Cyprus but Spain, Majorca throughout the world where us British are sold what we want to hear. So seek advice from people who have bought from the builder you want to build for you, there is enough people who have purchased now and have been badly bruised.

Besides the property check to see about electric and water supply, even access from the main road to your property, some estates have roads on the land the builder owns but no road to that plot of land.

There is a group called homebuyers pressure group who may be able to offer you advice and many would suggest you contact them.

Sadly some from that group will quite rightly give you advise that might seem like negative vibes and could easily put you off purchasing from any company as they were badly burnt and are going through very complicated court case's.

But ithink its good to get an overall perception.

I would encourage people to build and relocate to North Cyprus because quite simply I love the place and the people, and if I was doing it again I would do exactly the same as I did.

The only builder I could truthfully comment on is the company that built our property and yes i would recommend him. Yes, of course there are other excellent builders besides Tenas Construction, but I can only report on fact not rumours about this company and that one.

I seriously wish you well North Cyprus is a beautiful part of the island.

Good luck with your project and may your dreams materialise

McSteviet

Message Posted:
11/08/2007 02:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Marvo,

Well said. Although I have never been able to get my head around people buying a place and never visited the country, never mind the area. I could never do that, but then again, if it's purely an investment???

I'm like you, I have bought with the intention of retiring there (eventually), but as you say, most of the North in beautiful, we spent many weeks finding the right plot, with mountain and sea views and hopefully in 15 months time, we will be there making it our home.

MC

jetl3on

Message Posted:
13/08/2007 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Thank you Gents for your responses,

That answers a few more questions.

I have in fact been to the island on 4 seperate occaisions on a lads holiday, but never considered living or buying there until recently.

Investment is not the motivating factor for this purchase, I merely wish to spend quality holiday time with my 6 year old son, iso warmth in winter and clean(ish) beaches are a must.

I have read many forums and as you pointed out, I wish I hadnt as doubt has crept into my mind . :-(

Is it advisable to use a UK based company, A TRNC based company Or go it alone and manage the purchase yourself? I have been in touch with a company called NCI North Cyprus International, based in hammersmith, has anyone heard of them or done business with them, can you comment on them?

Thank you and have a nice day.

JB

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
13/08/2007 17:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Hi jetl3on

I guess there are pros and cons for both and I am sure people will have differing views.

Personally I wanted to deal with someone who knew the island well, so I worked with an agent who lives in the TRNC. My agent is British, has a TC mother and has several relatives on the island. He can be contacted at http://www.northcyprusproperties.co.uk . He introduced me to several TC builders, one in particular caught my eye because he is an architecht and used to work in the planning department for the government. He can be contacted at http://www.cypriothomes.com

Good luck with whomever you deal with

davey

Message Posted:
18/08/2007 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Hi jetl3on,

I bought a villa of plan in the Esentepe area in 2005 (not from NCI), but i have just signed up for a penthouse on the new Marina phase 2 project which will be constructed by NCI, two of my very good friends who originally put me onto the villa (which i am over the moon with), have since relocated full time to NC and work for NCI, i can only speak for myself but i found the quality of their workmanship to be of the highest quality on the projects they are undertaking, and found them both friendly and helpful, the price plan was also very good which sold it to me. All i can say is they are one of the largest developers in North Cyprus, they keep you informed via email, and will get back to you with any questions you may have.

My advice would be if you have can spare the time maybe take advantage of their 4 day viewing trips, this would be a good way to see the projects they are undertaking and some of there finished developments, give you an insight into the area, and form your own opinions.

I bought the villa as an investment and after being let down recently by my key holder i have just gone (Aug 07)with their property management/lettings on a 12mth contract this is a seperate entity to the construction, but the guy running it is very experienced/approcable and friendly always has time for phone calls and will call you back, and has also worked in the 5 star hotel industry around the world, the package they offer seems very good covering everything, including being advertised through there website and magazine,of course this is new and time will tell, but for the first time since the villa has been completed i feel excited that it will be well lookeed after and marketed to its full potential.

Davey

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.