North Cyprus Tourist Board - Christmas Spirit?...............
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Christmas Spirit?...............

Christmas Spirit?...............

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
10/12/2010 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

A friend of mine is an 18yr old turkish cypriot student in england trying to learn english and a group of students travelled to Paris for 3 days this morning,they are all different nationalities. She was the only one reufused permission to enter at the airport in Paris she was allowed one phone call to her mum here in NC then told to close her telephone. They said she must spend the night at the airport then fly back to england in the morning, poor girl she is very scared. i managed to call her college and advised them of her plight but there is not much they can do. Discrimination i wonder?

jamestalbot

Message Posted:
10/12/2010 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Deniz1 I am so sorry for your friend the poor girl, did they give a reason for refusing her permission to enter, I wonder too, I know it's no use to her now but maybe she should approach her local MP on England.

Has you say Christmas spirit ?

I hope your friend is OK

Kind Regards

Deniz1

Message Posted:
10/12/2010 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

They said her visa from north cyprus to england did not allow her into france also. How many times do we read that"Cyprus" as a whole is part of the EU so she should be allowed in. They put her in an hotel but she said it was filthy and full of arabs so she asked to be taken back to the airport, so thats where she is now. At least they let her use the phone again. Hopefully she will get back to Gatwick in the morning.

mahdel

Message Posted:
11/12/2010 08:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

If she's on a visa it means she is not using the South Cyprus passport, which would mean she's not allowed the same freedom of movement as EU students. The college should have known this and applied for a visa to france in advance.

nostradamus

Message Posted:
11/12/2010 08:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

I am assuming that your friend is travelling on a TRNC passport? As far as I am aware, there are very few countries that will give entry on this passport without a visa - she would certainly have needed one to go to the UK in the first place. This is the reason why so many Turkish Cypriots get GC identity cards and ROC passports. It's not discrimination, it's just the way things are!

Deniz1

Message Posted:
11/12/2010 08:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

She did have a student visa to visit the uk and is travelling on a trnc passport. Strangely her brother did the same course in the uk last year and he travelled to Italy with no problems. Same visa same passport type.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.