North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkey has received 3.2 billion pounds from the EU
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkey has received 3.2 billion pounds from the EU

Turkey has received 3.2 billion pounds from the EU

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

» Read about Cyprus History

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
12/12/2010 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

According to the Times, since 2007 Turkey has received 3.2 billion pounds worth of funding from the EU. This money has been allocated to help Turkey join the Union.

"There is little hope that the EU in it's present form would be able to accept Turkey as a full member in the foreseeable future, however Turkey is a candidate and we are obliged to implement the financial assistance despite the political reality" said an official at the EU commission.

The EU money has helped with a wide `range of projects from reforming it's judiciary process to it's travel industry. Some of the money has gone in sponsoring a TV programme for farmers.

Britain has so far contributed 1.1 billion pounds to help countries like Turkey, Bosnia and Albania join the EU. This contribution is set to continue.

Bradus

Message Posted:
12/12/2010 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

ilovecyprus,

Nice to see you back posting. Interesting statistics. Perhaps Turkey still has aspirations to join the club?

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-229094-turkey-will-be-ready-for-eu-by-2014.html

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
12/12/2010 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

msge 3

Nice to see you back too Bradus

It would seem that the door is still open for Turkey. 3.2 billion is allot of money. I wonder how much the ROC has contributed towards this? I am assuming it is obliged to contribute?

YFred

Message Posted:
12/12/2010 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Listen here chaps, don't go round making statements like "Cyprus contributing money to Turkey". You will send my lovely cousins in the south of the border to an ecstatic delirium. And that's without any inducement from drugs. Although looking at their behavior for the last 50 years they looks as though they have never come off it.

I wonder how much of the cost of Turkish weapons currently in TRNC equates to the money directly contributed by RoC to Turkey. Now isn't that a turn up for the books. I can see my cousins in the south turning red from envy. Fancy the Turkish flag being red to complement their beautiful new red colour.

phylray

Message Posted:
12/12/2010 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Turkey is now number 15 in the world's fastest growing economies. Don't think they need the E.U

their loss. They now seem desperate to get them in though.

newlad

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

It will only happen if the Greek Cypriots do a u turn on embargoes,and the Chicago convention regading direct flights to Ercan is changed.Turkey have publicly stated that they are willing to open their ports if the above embargoes are lifted.I have said it before,and will say it again.Its the irresistible force,against the immovable object,

Paul.

newlad

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q= http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php%3Fn%3Dbagis-says-turkey-ready-for-any-contingency-over-cyprus-2010-12-13&ct=ga&cad=CAEQAhgAIAAoATAAOABAhfeY6ARIAVAAWABiBWVuLUdC&cd=uk-byrljC8c&usg=AFQjCNFQSm70gnraJKxXneekFcBOlda7AQ

newlad

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bagis+says+turkey+ready+for+any+contingency+over+cyprus&hl=en&rlz=1T4ACAW_en___GB401&prmd=ivn&source=univ&tbs=nws:1&tbo=u&ei=iVYHTfHEAYK2hAfNtZjuBw&sa=X&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCQQqAIwAA

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.