North Cyprus Tourist Board - Any advice how to resolve this KibTek problem?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Any advice how to resolve this KibTek problem?

Any advice how to resolve this KibTek problem?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

Pippie

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

I have been renting a shop in Girne since August, paid 400tl as deposit to get the electric bill put in my name. I wasn't receiving bills so went down end of October to enquire. They said don't worry we could pay the bill then an should just call in regularly if we didn't get a bill! The bill of 100tl didn't seem so bad at the time - we thought it was for August thro Oct to bring us up to date. But we were wrong. Last Friday we went to pay again, were shown the statement on screen and was presented with a bill of 200tl! Our bills are therefore avg 100tl per month! We queried this since we're only in the shop 2 days a week and only use lights! The guy suggested we could either pay them 50tl to check their meter is ok (we have to pay them!), or we could pay for an electrician to check it out who can find out if someone is stealing our electric.

Back at the shop we switched off the mains, but the dial carried on turning! So we phoned the landlord who sent an electrician out ...

Pippie

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

The electrician eventually told us that the meter we’re being charged for is not our meter! We went back to KibTek today with the correct meter ref. no. and current reading to ask if they can register us on the right meter. They told us we have to give a new deposit to set up the correct meter, write a letter to explain we want to cancel the old registration, they would issue us with a final bill for the old meter which we have to pay then we can get our 1st deposit back! The fact that we’ve been paying for someone elses electric they say is up to us to sort. They said we have to find out who owns the meter we’ve been registered to pay, talk to them and see if they’ll pay us back! I can’t believe this. They registered us on the wrong meter and told us that it’s our responsibility to make sure we’re registered on the right meter. How would we know?

Pippie

Message Posted:
13/12/2010 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

They’re happy for us to pay someone elses bill because of their mistake but now we know their mistake they won’t credit our money across to the right meter, that’s up to us to sort out. The guy in the office said, “they don’t solve mistakes, they just send the bills”!

Suppose this is Cyprus!

breezyboy

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Usual answer - yes this is Cyprus!!

Can you turn off the electricity from the meter which isn't yours and wait for someone to start shouting?

Then ask them for the money.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 15:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

Pippie;

How is that KIB-TEK's fault?

You went and registered a meter (!) in your name.At your own will!

and..........now you want them to sort out your mistake!

and..........when you are told,you have to sort it out yourself..............">>Suppose this is Cyprus!"<<

Next time I go to toilet,I'll call my wife to pull the chain,see what she'd say!

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

yorgozlu,

Pippie,

has realised her mistake, and is asking for advise on how to get the problem sorted out that is what this board can help with, if u have nothing inteligent to say then say nothing, this is why so many people will not post on here because of people like you!!!!!!!.

DON'T TAKE THE PISS!!!!

snd1966

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

This happened to me in Lapta I was happily paying a water bill in the buildr's name which was being put in the gate, first time i checked the meter reading and it was spot on but with a debit of 900tl. After two months I had another bill in my client's name. It was my job to track down the correct meter (next street) and owner to reimburse me. Like Yorgozlu says they did not force me, I was lucky the guy was in credit with the builder who gave me a cheque after kind Ibo at Lapta Belediyesi asked if he could help me. Lapta Belediyesi could only transfer credit and as this guy was in debit therefore it was not possible. Good luck - i remember feeling a right idiot trying to explain to my customer, now i insist they give me their account number.

stickle

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Find a good Cypriot friend to go for you. It worked for us when we had to pay two deposits. (It was their mistake.) Will take a long tome otherwise.Perhaps the person or companyu that you rent from might help.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

msg 6;

I suggest you to read Pippie's msg again;

ie;

>>" They registered us on the wrong meter and told us that it’s our responsibility to make sure we’re registered on the right meter."<<

>>"They’re happy for us to pay someone elses bill because of their mistake but now we know their mistake they won’t credit our money across to the right meter, that’s up to us to sort out. The guy in the office said, “they don’t solve mistakes, they just send the bills”! "<<

>>"Suppose this is Cyprus! "<<

All above are NOT my comments!............or...are they????????????

I failed to see anything regarding 'help'!

ps:what are you,their lawyer or something?or could they not speak for themselves and they need 'you'?

Pippie

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Thanks for your support Roger! Yorgozlu, you took quotes from what I wrote but forgot about the title of my posting. I was looking for constructive advice (help is what most people call it) at the same time as my needing to vent some of my frustration at the system in here. I believe the forum is here to allow people to be able to do that, I don't need you to add to my frustration thanks. I love this country and most of the people here. The system and government regs drive me insane however, as it does a lot of other people but I try my hardest not to let it wear me down and take over to the point where I wonder whether I really do still want to live here (because I really do).

Ok, mistake was made however, I'm not yet fluent in Turkish and we trusted the landlords secretary who took us to Kib Tek to register to know what she was doing. The address said Dükkan no. 2 and we are renting Dükkan no. 2. How would we know the place is wired up wrong?

Pippie

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

Thanks Breezyboy, good suggestion but unfortunately we've no access to the mains switch for that meter - at least I don't think we have, I think I'll have a look around tomorrow though just to be sure and see what we can find!

Thanks Stickle, I've spoken to the landlord and he's promised to sort it out, whatever that means so 'watch this space'!

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Don't pay the Bill and let them switch the electric off - it won't effect you.

However you'll have to register a new meter and pay another deposit though.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Pippie;

'Help' is what I try to provide here to the ones that cannot speak the local language.However,I will NOT sit back and let anyone to slag my country off because of ones frasturations.

as for "you took quotes from what I wrote but forgot about the title of my posting"

No,I did not,I just refuse to judge a book by it's cover.

TITLE:Beautiful cat

CONTENTS:Lovely,beutiful,well behaved,house trained,good with childreen,black colour LABRADOR!!!

...............in any case...........much easier to play.............pass the bug...........

Pippie

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

Excuse me but Yorgozlu but you are obviously selective in which bits you read from my posting. I have not 'slagged off anyone's country'. I am slagging off the system. The guy at the electric board was very nice about it but obviously cannot do anything because his hands are tied by the silly rules. And, yes they've made the mistake. I signed up for the meter I was told was mine - by who - KIBTEK!

If you went in to your bank one day and was told 'sorry, but someone has withdrawn all your money, we made the mistake by punching in the wrong account number but you're going to have to chase the guy who took the money yourself, would you say "ok, no problem". I doubt it. And in most other countries I have lived in the customer would not be expected to sort it out themselves when they were innocent to the set of circumstances that led to the error.

It is only reasonable to expect help from the ones who helped you to get in the mess in the first place.

Pippie

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

No.1, thanks for the suggestion, it had crossed my mind though I doubt it'd happen. Kibtek allowed me to take over responsibility for paying the bill without the previous bill payer having been consulted, they have my deposit which will cover 'whoever' for at least 4 months before they were in debt again and this 'whoever' surely must have been paying the bill before I took over so they'd probably just take it up again without question if they happened to receive a 'red' demand for an unpaid bill one day!

Hopefully my landlord can help sort things out.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
16/12/2010 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Pippie;

KIB-TEK will NOT tell you which is your meter,purely because they are not there.You take the meter number andthey go by based on that.

Your example in realy not relevant.

also above are your comments and is insultive to my country.

will await your next excuse..................

Pippie

Message Posted:
16/12/2010 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

No excuses.

So if KibTek doesn't know which meter I'm supposed to be on and I haven't a clue - as there are 50 in the cupboard - who is supposed to know? Between the landlord and Kibtek they got is wrong. Anyone with any business accumen knows not to rely on the foreigner if you want to make sure you don't come up against any problems in the future because they usually don't know everything you know! There should be a way of being able to credit money you've paid in good faith to the right a/c if at a later date it becomes apparent you're on the wrong a/c.

Don't be so sensitive to a commonly used statement all over the world to mean lightheartedly 'what else should you expect when you're new to a system or country'. Grow up and try to look for the good instead of the bad all the time, you might find yourself a much happier person.

I don't know about you but I for one am not wasting my time on a useless discussion like this any more, there are more important things on here.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
16/12/2010 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

Pippie;

I'm glad you've finaly got the massage.

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
16/12/2010 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Pipie,

A story in the uk press today a community centre had not been charged enough for their electric E-on energy sent them a bill for £30,000 The charity questioned it, E-on agreed it was their error and wrote off the bill, nice touch.

Would Kibtek do the same???? All i ever got is you must pay or a shrug of the shoulders.

Groucho

Message Posted:
16/12/2010 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

"All i ever got is you must pay or a shrug of the shoulders."

That's because they needed the 'massage' too...

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
16/12/2010 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

here comes the 'little brittainers' again............

Cyprus and UK are 2 different countries and canNOT be compaired in respect of technology.

In TRNC 'you' change the name on the meter by going to KIB-TEK with meter number.Whose fault would it be if 'you' give them wrong meter number.................KIB-TEKs I guess.

then again

they also write off any outstanding electric bills in UK, left by ex tennants

I suppose thats UK!

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
17/12/2010 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

Message 21, "Little Britainers"

I knew it wouldn't take you long, the old "TRNC Crusader" 2 different countries correct, one with morals and one without. One with equality and one without!!!! One with a bent crooked government and one without allthough its a close run thing??

Anyway "Little Turk" off to work with you snow white is waiting Hi Ho

Pugwash

Message Posted:
17/12/2010 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

UK morals and equality?? read the news please Blackpoolfan, TRNC has many issues but the UK has a lot of problems too.

Bent crooked govt? well that is not confined to the UK and TRNC !

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
18/12/2010 08:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

msg 22;

...........good enough to convince you to buy here in TRNC...............or was it CHEAP prices????????

Merry Xmas.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.