North Cyprus Tourist Board - The rights & wrongs of large estate maintenance
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > The rights & wrongs of large estate maintenance

The rights & wrongs of large estate maintenance

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Management Tips

» See all North Cyprus Property Management related threads

Lazy days

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 59 in Discussion

I have started this thread so as to not take the SWB thread off topic as others have attempted.

Taking into account Elko's words in message 17 on that thread, "the TRNC is on a learning cur(v)e"

There have been many things written and said in the past 3 years with regard to M/C and some people were very vociferous in speaking out and making accusations against (in my opinion) reasonable companies trying to do a reasonable job in very difficult and trying situations, it is a fact that no company can maintain & improve the surroundings successfully on ANY large estate of homes without an income from fees, as has been amply demonstrated on TQB which has been almost stagnant for the past 2 years, many of these companies were put in place by the developers initially to get things up and running (rightly or wrongly), remember that there were no laid down guidelines for these companies to follow (as are now available, new law). most of the estates were not finished or had problems

Cont

hawkeye

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 59 in Discussion

Must say that MEPS have done a very good job having been left with many problems by the developer on our daughters complex. When ever we go and check our daughters apartment the areas are always clean the gardens looked after and the pool looks excellent. AND they do not get money from every apartment.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 59 in Discussion

Cont

Some of the estates decided to move away from the selected M/C most notably to me Forest beach resort (Medview) they approached the problem properly they continued to pay their maintenance whilst negotiating to put the management out to tender and the incumbent M/C were entitled to tender as well, the way this estate is looking now is testament to what can be done when EVERYONE pulls together and is not intent on point scoring and making trouble with lies and inuendo.

As Elko said the TRNC is on a learning curve.

It was not acceptable the way the developers did not finish the estates to the degree promised

But it was not acceptable for people to attack maintenance companies because of that either

I have been impartially comparing notes with owners on other estates for some time now and have come to the conclusion that some of the contributors on here are genuinely interested in helping to get things right, whilst others are only interested in getting

Cont

Lazy days

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 59 in Discussion

Cont

Their names up in lights.

No two estates are the same and all have their own problems, but one thing that stands out on most is that there are a 'FEW' people on most of them hell bent on imposing their will on the majority who only want to have the enjoyment of their holiday home in the sun, this is grossly unfair on these people and indeed shows contempt for their neighbours (in my opinion).

All of the above said 'yes' things have to change and things have to tighten up both in management company transparency and in peoples obligation to pay their maintenance fees, the new Floor easement law does little (in my opinion) to tighten up anything to do with developers leaving unfinished estates, however it does give a clear way forward for both administrators (managers) and floor owners, in the maintenance of the estate and also the payment of fees, which has to be a move in the right direction (Elko's learning curve).

One thing that amazes me however is that still

Cont

Lazy days

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 59 in Discussion

Cont

After three years on one particular estate, the 'interim committee' are allowing the incumbent M/C to produce a contract!, surely by this time people have learned that this is not the way things should be done, and in fact it is not the way it has to be done according to the new law, it is up to the floor owners legally elected board/committee to draw up a contract to be presented (after consultation with the floor owners) to potential M/C for consideration and to be registered at the district lands office.

The new law is quite clear as to the procedures to be followed, so there are laid down guidelines now, unlike in the past where M/C were trying to do things as they thought best for the majority while the small minority continually sniped and disrupted, at last both floor owners and M/C have a platform and if procedures are properly followed, then the learning curve will have been worth while.

Pipie

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 59 in Discussion

In the case of TURQUOISE BAY there has to be a starting point . The starting point is that a contract is being put out to owners .

Owners have tha chance to then participate and contribute . At least T/B acting committee is starting to get things off the ground .

In my opinion I think this is a very good thing and is a postitve way forward !!

Rome was not builit in a day so to speak .

Chegwin

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 59 in Discussion

Like a greyhound after the hare...........

johndp

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 59 in Discussion

I also think it is a good starting point but am amazed that it has taken over 2 yrs to get going when a committee/consortium of owners was suggested by the last company to the present chairman as is reported on the private forum.

*The starting point is that a contract is being put out to owners *

But I dont agree that the M/C should be organising the contract DO YOU pipie ??????

*At least T/B acting committee is starting to get things off the ground*

Why is it taking so long ????

*In my opinion I think this is a very good thing and is a postitve way forward !!*

As it could have been & was a long time ago

*Rome was not builit in a day so to speak*

pity L/D was not on that job, it might of been

Thats another month gone by and the accounts are yet again still showing the red and the rains have started and a lot of the site is still a tip.

And last but not least, we still dont know who the none payers are, it would be nice of Lynx to let us know, or ???

Lazy days

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 59 in Discussion

Chegwin I liked your post - so apt

Pipie I didn't ask for your opinion but you are entitled to it as I am mine, so here is my opinion, if your daughter (who owns the apartment) had been as proactive over two years ago as you seem to want to be now, many owners would have thought more of you and the estate would have been much further forward, however you decided to go on the attack against a company that were battling hard on behalf of ALL owners in the face of adversity and you were relentless, now it has all been covered before, about Glencoe's lack of responses to you etc. but you had no right to a response as YOU WERE NOT AN OWNER, by your own admission.

My topic was to highlight that the problems are not confined to one Estate, but to highlight those who cause trouble on more than one estate, for reasons known only to themselves.

Respect has to be earned and far from earning it you are rapidly losing it, because you just cannot desist, can you ?

Pipie

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 59 in Discussion

Oooops forgot to add that Lynx of course are being very proactive in moving things forward on T/B !!!

Lazy days

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 14:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 59 in Discussion

Could you please be more precise, what exactly are they proactive in accomplishing that has taken them almost 18 months to achieve if you once again wish to go down this route ??, and perhaps you might care to answer the question posed in message 8 re who should be making up a contract for the running of the Estate, a M/C put in place by the developer (knowing how you are so unhappy with that sort of thing) or the floor owners themselves.

Chegwin

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 59 in Discussion

For once Pipie, tell us what exactly are Lynx doing to be proactive?

Answer the question please, so we may all be enlightened.

Pipie

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 59 in Discussion

Chegwin.

Read messge 6 to me that is proactive .

Also Lynx's door is always open for owners to discuss issues/concerns.

You should try popping in there office Cheggars, discuss your concerns and let us all know how you get on !!

Our family can only speak as we find . I n recent weeks we had a small problem . Lynx sorted it straight away so we can add only good reports regading Lynx at present !!

johndp

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 59 in Discussion

Still ducking the issue you really should stop posting pipie, because with respect you are totally out of your depth, the questions only get answered with what YOU want to here, not what is needed to be heard, simple fact is if there is no money to do the repairs/jobs they wont get done as you even agreed on one of you many e-mails to lynx saying you dont agree with this and that, like the work to be done on the sewerage system and other things if we really must drag it all up again, why dont you just admit you got it wrong and then we can all start agaIN

OOPS DID ANYBODY SEE THAT FLYING PIG !!!!!!

johndp

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 59 in Discussion

btw

Int it amazing that you are the ONLY ONE who thinks to respond on this topic to defend the undefendable could you be wrong eh ???

Naw :(

Lets face it after 18 - yes eighteen months you are still trying to justify things ( properly elected committee hmmm,!!) why dont you just own up, say you might just not be right for once and then we can all move on and get the site moving, or will i post some of your e-mails to lynx cos i am pissy sick of all your 2 faced tripe.

OK mods another ban for me for telling the truth is it, while pipie spouts trash and gets away with it !!

Chegwin

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 18:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 59 in Discussion

Quote " The starting point is that a contract is being put out to owners ", unquote.

Question dear Pipie.

Who drew the contract up?

I assume that everyone had input into the contents of said contract.

Or is it a take it or leave it.

Nearly two years and it is only getting off the ground?? With an acting commitee?

If that was my rocket I would have taken it back and asked for a refund.

Go on. Simple answer please.

Pipie

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 59 in Discussion

Chegwin.Johnp. L/D.

Why don't you put all of your issues/concerns directly at Lynx then give us all a response ?

clivearup

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 59 in Discussion

On a different thread started by Elko some time ago http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/46530.asp we started having a good dialogue about management companies and how best to go about selecting them and the legal position in being able to force non-payers to pay.

Does anyone know a good example of a large site being well managed with property owners reasonably happy? Our development will require this eventually and I would like to hear a success story which can hopefully be copied.

If not lets hope that the very least we can do is to avoid the problems obviously being experienced in a number of places.

A constructive discussion about the generalities rather than the somewhat personal stuff would be helpful.

Chegwin

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 59 in Discussion

Pipe.

We are waiting for you who knows all about everything, yet really knows nothing about, well nothing. (Bad English I know Dutch).

When ever you are asked for a simple answer, to a question that you usually ask, you dont have one,

I actually thought that you had all the answers.

C'mon Pipie. You can do better than that.

sienna

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 59 in Discussion

mesage 18 yes Sea Terra Esentepe is well run by D&B

WE have open transparency

accounts are given on a monthly basis to the committee

Bank account statements are givenon a monthly basis to the committee

all repairs are discussed

Forward planning is done

we have virtually no non-payers we have a few with arrangements due to difficult circumstances

and most importantly we are cash rich not many complexes can state that.!!!

it can be done

Lazy days

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 59 in Discussion

As can the best example of all clivearup, Forest golf and beach Esentepe, if I may rescue my own topic, there are a few pipies in this world that no matter how much one tries to get things right they will always be there jumping in with useless diatribe, shame that to this day she cannot answer direct questions, if she were to be able to do this then maybe we could progress & respect her, but while she continues to be disruptive things are not likely to.

Why do the mods allow these attacks from this person who continually insults the intelligence of so many members, both personally and by inuendo, breezyboy, chegwin, billyboy, elkiton, hodgelil, johndp and myself to name a few, we are all capable of making our own decisions, yet we dare not post a topic but she is on it like a snake to a mouse, without reading and digesting what is being said by others,

Sienna I take it you can understand your accounts, because the ones lynx are producing are neither a P&L or a balance sheet

Chegwin

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 59 in Discussion

Johndp.

Do you understand your accounts?

And sweet Pipie.

Can you understand your accounts, albeit they are slightly short, and revert with a retort that would enlighten all?

Go on Pipie. Tell us about how well everyone else’s money is being spent.

Not yours. as it’s not your place. so what is really your gripe?

C'mon girl.

Spend a bit of time going over all your old posts before replying 'cos you know that this time you will have to be correct.

Or at least make a bit of sense.

Or even add something that is "proactive" and will move this debate "forward'.

johndp

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 59 in Discussion

pipie message 17

Take a look at one of your posts we still await a reply from you after YOU got on to lynx ????????

by pipie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:26 am

Spoke to Lynx yesterday, and they will e coming back to me as soon as they have looked into my questions . Must promote Lynx on there ability in there customer service skills . Very good . Thank you Lynx !!!pipie

We are still waiting for your response from lynx two months further on !!!!

Pipie

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 59 in Discussion

Guys .

Our family have no problem with Lynx they answer E-mails in a very courteous way, always reply within a reasonable timescale, and have dealt with our questions in a very civilsed manner.

Just what we expect from a management company

Now as we all can see this thread is purely to have a go at Lynx and supporters of Lynx and you are trying your best to will Lynx to to fail .

Well carry on with your jealous vendetta hope it keeps you amused. It certainly makes me smile and a few others. ''Very entertaining ''!!!

cooper

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 21:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 59 in Discussion

Your lot need stringing up upside down with your heads in a bucket full of piss !!

Just my opinion )

Chegwin

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 59 in Discussion

I want LYNX to succeed. Johndp want LYNX to succeed.

LD wants LYNX to succeed. We all want LYNX to succeed.

Just answer direct questions or shut up, I’m banned

Post edited for personal remark against fellow poster

Simbas

johndp

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 59 in Discussion

pipie dont delude youself luv its not your family its you and only YOU, this is not having a go at lynx it was started by L/D to point out some facts, summat you find hard to cope with, but now as its the season of goodwill heres a bargain for you, admit you 'might' of got it wrong in a fair bit of what you said and people wont make a fool of you any more, least I wont,

I know its been said before, but its better to say nowt and be thought a fool than to open your gob and confirm it.

You always seem able to get us into slagging you off why dont you just ignore these kind of posts youre getting it in the neck on the SWB one as well from Jakki and others who are trying to ignore your unwanted input.

To finish pipie its you that had the jealous vendetta and wouldnt let it go so now the tables have turned you dont like it do you

merry Xmas

johndp

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 59 in Discussion

Cooper

"JUST LIKE THAT"

lol

Pipie

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 59 in Discussion

Getting back on thread ''The rights & wrongs of large estate maintenance''

sienna

Message Posted:
14/12/2010 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 59 in Discussion

message 21 yes fully understand the accounts very open excel format, quiet simply amounts out all listed separately, amounts in, all listed too each apartment. It really isn't difficult to produce and be kept uptodate

All receipts are kept and the committee audit them and a reconcilation is done once a year with D&B and one member or the committee (accountant) once a year. We also have a working account and high interest accounts and exchange money when the rate are good, all the interest is added to the site and spent on the site.

Everything is very open and honest I dont see the complication having ours is very simple but we do all work together

Lazy days

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 09:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 59 in Discussion

I have to say that after careful consideration of all the many posts on this subject I have come to the conclusion that, pipie, is not in the least bit interested in taking things forward on any of the estates mentioned, she seems content in the knowledge that she is able to go into most of the posts with the continued inuendo and there will always be the odd person who will back her up, sad really.

It would also appear that she is willing to accept M/C that do little or nothing excepting when funding allows, happy in the knowledge that she will recieve a nicely packaged e-mail response from them telling her what she wants to hear (not how it is warts & all) sad really.

She deludes herself into believing many things that are not factual but a figment of her over active but limited imagination, she believes on one hand that her estate is not up to scratch and on the other that she has a luxury apartment on it with all ameneties so that she can maximise income potential, how sad really

simbas

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 09:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 59 in Discussion

msg 26 edited for reason given

Simbas

Chegwin

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 59 in Discussion

Sorry simbas X

sienna

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 59 in Discussion

LD you are very conversant with the 'new law' and as you know there is a lot to digest in that law - soby understanding it as you do - how do you see the way forward for the site ?

How would you like to move forward so that all owners can bring the site up to some form of normality and get owners to pay i

as far as I can see and work out from what is said you have about the same income as us and should have the same outgoings more or less (juding by what is currently working on the site that is) ie with only two pools commissioned currently so the question I would be asking is where is that money going ?

(This meant to be constructive by the way)

Lazy days

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 59 in Discussion

The problem as I have always seen it is not the individual owners on the estate, for the most part they pay their way, some paid before and dont pay now, some pay now and didn't before, but it is the fact that an investor is involved who has a number of unsold apartments, he, together with others is contributing erratically, the owners are NOT being kept up to date on non and late payers, leading some people to think there is a cover up going on, this in my eyes is not acceptable.

The number of owners actually paying maintenance is around 60 at present, they pay £59 per unit, of this it would appear that £30 goes into the 'pot' and £29 goes to the admin fee.

I have worked with books all my adult life and while the monthly expenditure and income is

Cont

Lazy days

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 59 in Discussion

Cont

for the most part put up every month on the M/C website it is neither a P&L nor a balance sheet, it always for the past 3-4 months has shown a defecit and my worry is that at present levels the estate maintenance is unsustainable.

We are once again in a position that the winter rains and storms are upon us and last years problems have not been solved, with the result that the problems will be compounded this year, and there is no money in the kitty to put things right.

To be brutally honest and I was asked NOT to put this on the board, if Gregs company had been left alone to run the estate it would NOT be in its present state as he had a full time workforce there and the fee level was acceptable to most

Going out now so will give more detail later

Thanks Sienna

Lazy days

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 59 in Discussion

OK Sienna

What I think should happen mind this is only my considered opinion re complying with the new law

A letter should be sent out to ALL owners informing them that an election is to take place for positions on a board of representatives/committee and asking for nominations, nominees should then be circulated to all floor owners for consideration as to their suitability for election to comittee, a date should be set for this election, which should NOT be conducted by an incumbent maintenance company, but by a cross section of floor owners (putting aside personal grievances) A board can consist of 3 people duly elected, but the floor owners should be asked to decide how many people they deem necessary to be on the board, if more than the three are thought necessary.

Voting can be simply done by e-mail from the floor owners personal e-mail address with a voting form attached showing the candidates and their personal details and qualities

Cont.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 59 in Discussion

people should be e-mailed asking if they will take part in a vote and they should be forewarned of the need to have their voices heard and that their vote is important, in the event that they ignore the voting e-mail their lack of vote will count for nothing, all floor owners should be sent the voting form, giving 21 days from date of sending so that even people who are on holiday or temporarily unavailable may have a chance to vote, the returned e-mail votes to be sent to the organiser of the vote and be CC-ed to all of the cross section of floor owners overseeing the vote at the end of this time, (this hopefully will pre-empt claims of rigging)

When the board is duly elected it is understood and accepted by all that this board have been elected by majority and have the mandate to take the estate forward.

The board should then set out a schedule of works and duties required to be done by an admimistrator/Manager/Maintenance company, then a contract should be drawn up

Cont.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 59 in Discussion

Cont.

This contract should detail all the scope of works required of the manager and the jobs they are required to undertake, there should be specifics detailed and there should also be general duties mentioned, when this document is completed it should be put out for tender, an incumbent M/C should also be invited to tender, all tenders should be considered by the board and a final selection (possibly 2) made, these then should be submitted to the floor owners for consideration and a decision made.

When the manager is in place they will collect the agreed fees in advance and commence operations, starting with works on the most pressing things first.

It would be the duty of the board to make sure that minutes were kept and recorded, that the rules of the new law were being adhered to and that the regulatory obligations regarding recording of the book of floor owners and registration of same is made with the district lands office.

It would also be the obligation of the board

Cont.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 59 in Discussion

Cont.

to oversee expenditure and to check the balance sheet at regularly defined times, and to circulate it to floor owners for their consideration.

In the event of having an extraordinary expense the board should communicate this to all floor owners before any decision is reached.

There after Sienna if everyone works to these rules and the laid down sections of the law that apply, I cannot forsee any real problems, but I have a very funny feeling that people will again put their own slant on things, for me it is a case of K.I.S.S.

I do hope this helps as my typing fingers are getting weary.

Alison

sienna

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 59 in Discussion

exactly the way to do it !

clivearup

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 59 in Discussion

Thanks that's really helpful and reinforces how we were intending to do it. Does anyone have any views about whether the law applies to villas and apartments on the same site and any examples of how the costs can be apportioned fairly.

sienna

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 59 in Discussion

Clierarup you have to go by whats in your contract ie is the site an equal share or have you all got different shares. Once you have established what share of the site you own then you calculate accordingly

clivearup

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 59 in Discussion

there's nothing in our contract about share of the site - so I guess we have to work that out amongst the owners.

sienna

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 59 in Discussion

well how is the land going to be parcelated up per owner for the land registry to issue your Kocans? whatever it is thats the proportion you pay

Chegwin

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 59 in Discussion

“Site Fees” are paid for the maintenance of all of the communal areas and associated costs for the maintenance and upkeep.

As everyone benefits from these then there should be no need to “rate” on square footage of who owns what.

What ever the sum is it should be divided by the number of units and all pay the same.

Example, for the pernickety.

If I own the big villa at the entrance and you own a one bed apartment we pay the same.

Why? Because we derive the same benefit when we drive in and see the same vista.

clivearup

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 59 in Discussion

At the moment there is no sign of kocans but we could probably work out something based on an area occupied. The only thing everyone agrees on is the sewage plant!

Chegwin - the trouble with your suggestion is that the vistas are not the same although I agree we all share the same general environment - somehow I think the idea that a one bedroom apartment should pay the same as 4 bed villa might be a difficult sell.

I'm sure we'll find a solution but the chances are we'll have to do something well before we get our kocans.

sienna

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 59 in Discussion

your not wrong its about the maintenance of the site and up keep of hte facilities

- property tax (equivalent to our council tax UK) differs to the square footage which is fair enough

Lazy days

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 59 in Discussion

Perhaps this will help to clarify things

Section 5 article 22 (1) paragraph C/ reads as pasted below.

*floor owners can not refuse to pay this money by means of putting forward the excuse that they do not need or wish to benefit from these (or ?) because of the condition of their own independent sections, or by means of renouncing their right to use the communal areas or facilities.*

Hope this helps to clarify

A

CJtill

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 59 in Discussion

Some good ideas, which will be helpful to all those who live\own a property on a complex.

Though everything seems to be running pretty well at Forest Golf, thought it a good idea to print the document in question (all 32 pages) and see if we need to change\amend anything taking into account this law.

It might be a good idea if some of the owners from different complexes got together and discussed some of the issue they have with their own particular site. You never know someone else may have\had the same problem.

Michael

Lazy days

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 59 in Discussion

Sorry

My above post may be misleading, because if the owners can agree amongst themselves (same article paragraph A) and draw up a contract that is acceptable to everyone (majority of floor owners) then the above would not necessarily apply, however please remember to register the contract with the rest of the paperwork at the district lands office.

sienna

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 59 in Discussion

thanks LD forgotton about that one - you must be boogled eyed by now !!!

johndp

Message Posted:
15/12/2010 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 59 in Discussion

Slightly off topic (maybe) heard in the local tavern that p*p*e is about to invade the island so peace and harmony for a couple of days (maybe) lol

Hope you all dont mind but copied the below from another thread on here just now.

if any one wants to they can check out the plain English interpretation on http://www.glencoecyprus.com it is in their *Owners complex* forum just scroll down to *floor easement law*, you will have to register to read it but you might find it worth while.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
16/12/2010 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 59 in Discussion

Hi Sienna,

I am indeed, but its good to see that people seem to be embracing the ideals of the new law.

John, it is of no concern to me and should be of no concern to you who goes anywhere LOL

johndp

Message Posted:
16/12/2010 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 59 in Discussion

Hi

Re committee, when you ask the commitee summat why do they have to refer to the M/Cbefore being able to answer things, this is surely not right, the commitee should be telling the M/Cwhat they require to be done ??

Am i right or wrong please

sienna

Message Posted:
17/12/2010 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 59 in Discussion

johndp you are right

johndp

Message Posted:
17/12/2010 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 59 in Discussion

Thanks Sienna,

I would think the interim commitee on TQB should know this but we got a e-mail recently saying that they had got a draft contract from lynx, and they were going to send it back with comments, too me they are putting the cart before the horse here it should be the owners that make up the contract and then offer it out to tender, if this carrys on I for one will be making big waves and I hope people like pipie (or daughter) kick up as big a fuss as they did in the past.

Its easy to sort just now before any contract is signed, but if a contract is signed as it says in the nwe law I will be one of the first to go to court to challenge the legality of it as the laid down rules wernt followed.

sienna

Message Posted:
17/12/2010 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 59 in Discussion

In your case as the Committe were an interim measure, my understanding, they the exisitng comittee should be looking to now follow the process properly IMO

I can only go by what we did on our complex but the contract and service level agreement was a joint effort and then sent out to all owners, both parties MC/ committee and owners must agree the contract.

I think you are a year over your elected or unelected committee being in place so therefore an AGM should be called and the process started if someone wnats to become a committee member then they have to put themselves forward for eleection like hte existing committeeas per the consituation if they have one !

If you wish to go to tender the incumbant Mc are usually asked to tender as well if they are doing a good job, then they have nothing to fear you then go with the winning tender that has he most votes

It will then stop al this bad feeling as you have started the prcoess as a new law is now in place.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
17/12/2010 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 59 in Discussion

Thanks again Sienna, if the rules laid down by the new law are adhered to then nobody has anything to fear, it is a relatively simple process to follow.

Any bad feeling has to be addressed as without doing so there will never be harmony, and the people who are dis-satisfied need to begin to realise that they cannot impose their will on the majority and in laymen's terms "will have to suck it and see".

In the case of TQB there is still a long way to go and things are currently not being done in accordance with laid down procedure, it is well documented both on here and on a-n-other forum, that the AGM is well overdue, notices will have to be sent to all owners to notify them and a copy be displayed (may I suggest, at the security hut at the entrance to the estate), this will take 6/8 weeks.

Lynx have claimed on here that the present committee are legally elected and I find it strange that they should say something that is not true on a public forum and when challenged not reply.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.