North Cyprus Tourist Board - Now the Pirates of lost the Orbit Showtime Channels - cost comparison:
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Now the Pirates of lost the Orbit Showtime Channels - cost comparison:

Now the Pirates of lost the Orbit Showtime Channels - cost comparison:

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 06:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 41 in Discussion

Now the Pirates of lost the Orbit Showtime Channels - a cost comparison between providers:

Let's dispel the myth that mmmmmm is using to discredit us with his lies.

The following costings are taken from - https://www.osnetwork.com/subscribe/subscribe_en_gb.aspx

249 (SAR) 103 Turkish Lira per month for the Premier Plus package = 1236 Turkish Lira per year = 2472 Turkish Lira for two years = £1031

Pirated system £550 installation plus £180 for second year subscription = £730

Our system 750 Turkish Lira installation plus 875 Turkish Lira + 875 Turkish Lira (two years subs) = 2500 Turkish Lira = £1043

So, we charge a premium of £12 (over a two year period) for making all the arrangements, doing the installation, providing and guaranteeing the original, legal, properly imported, tax and duty paid equipment, providing initial customer training, with a proven track redord of providing 7 day customer service, renewing the subscription etc.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 06:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 41 in Discussion

You don't have to arrange to get the receiver, arrange to have it activated, take a chance on the TRNC electric breaking it or, break any laws to get it.

We are £313 dearer (over a two year period) than the Pirates, but with us, you get what you pay for - no stopping, no freezing, no false promises and it works all the time. No trips into their office with the receiver to get it 'sorted out' No days on end without service. That's 43 pence per day for peace of mind and anyway, the Pirates can't provide this system any lomger.

Here's a link to the Premier Plus channel list http://www.osnetwork.com/subscribe/default_en_gb.aspx (Click the Premier Plus tab)

Telephone 0533 869 4372 for further information and immediate installation before Christmas (Maybe)

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 06:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 41 in Discussion

Sorry about a couple of syntax errors

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 07:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 41 in Discussion

So, if you can afford the 43ppd cost premium (the price of a cold cup of tea and a mouldy old pork pie) over and above the cost of your Pirated system which has now lost all the Orbit Showtime channels - give us a call. We are always here and we always answer!

7:25am and ready to take your calls - 0533 869 4372

Alternatively, join the queue of people waiting for the next false promise.

newscoop

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 07:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 41 in Discussion

Does your system include dish and LNB?

If potential customer already has dish (es) does this impact on the installation cost?

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 08:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 41 in Discussion

People are telephoning and asking about our other packages. Here are the details of our Family PLUS package which includes all the following channels:

Show Movies (Kids), OSN Comedy, Showsports HD 1, Show Sports 2, Show Sports 3, Show Sports 4, Orbit News, Turner Classic Movies, BBC Entertainment, BBC Lifestyle, Style Network, VH1, MTV, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Kids, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Kids Co, Jim Jam, Discovery HD Showcase, Discovery Channel, Discovery Science, Animal Planet, the Travel Channel, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Adventure, the History Channel, the Outdoor Channel, Fox Sports, Extreme Sports

PLUS 22 more English speaking Free to Air Channels included: BBC World News, CNN News, Euronews, Bloomberg News, Press TV News, Aljazeera International News, France 24 News, Asia Business TV, CCTV, Fox Movies, Fox Series, MBC 2, MBC 4, MBC Movies, MBC Action, MBC Persia, Top Movies, City 7 TV, KTV 2, Dubai One, MTV Arabia.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 08:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 41 in Discussion

The programme line-up includes Cricket (the Ashes Series), Rugby, Snooker, Many other sports, Eastenders, Emmerdale, Coronation Street plus many other British TV programmes

Cost is: 750 Turkish Lira installation plus 495 Turkish Lira + 495 Turkish Lira (two years subs) = 1740 Turkish Lira = £725 for two years TV

Compared to 1824 (SAR) 12 months = 752 Turkish Lira per year for the Family Plus package = 1504 Turkish Lira for two years = £627

or, compared to a Pirated system £550 installation plus £180 for second year subscription = £730

So, on this package, we charge a premium of £98 (Under 14p per day premium over a two year period) for making all the arrangements, doing the installation, providing and guaranteeing the original, legal, properly imported, tax and duty paid equipment, providing initial customer training, with a proven track record of providing 7 day customer service, renewing the subscription etc.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 08:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 41 in Discussion

On this package, compared to the Pirates, we are actually cheaper over the two year period

Telephone 0533 869 4372

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 08:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 41 in Discussion

Newscoop : - If you have a Pirated system installed, they will have connected you to two different satellites using one cable (which they split at the dish side) and a communication satellite using a 2nd cable as the gateway to the internet.

Because of this, the signals are weak so, we always have to go onto the roof, disconnect the joined cables, realign the dish, more than often change the LNB.

We nearly always change the dish. Don't forget the 750TL installation fee includes, HD receiver, guarantee and customer service.

If you want to do your own installation, we can just supply the HD receiver and TV package - prices for this are cheaper and are in our advert in the Cyprus today.

Phone for any more help, advice, info - 0533 869 4372

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 08:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 41 in Discussion

We are now booked up with installations up to and including Thursday this week - we can do 3, maybe 4 on Friday and that's it before Christmas.

Don't be disappointed, telephone now. We have been here since 7am - 0533 869 4372

magicart

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 08:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 41 in Discussion

I have no intention to get involved with the current supplier dispute but having decided to dump dopi I contacted Paul and within 48 hours we were up and running.The reception after 4 days is still perfect and we were very pleased with Pauls honesty.

We appreciate its early days yet but todate we have no complaints.

Just to confirm that I have no vested interest in Pauls buisness I met him for the first time last week but think its important to communicate good service.

Happy Xmas to everyone.

Art.

billybob

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 08:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 41 in Discussion

IMHO

Anybody that pays up 2 years in front is asking for trouble after whats gone on before, would rather do without TV and thats a fact

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 08:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 41 in Discussion

A message to Dave, I have the details that you wanted, but I can't ring you back because when I looked, your number was witheld. Please can you ring me back ASAP to guarantee a pre-Christmas installation

Telephone - 0533 869 4372

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 08:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 41 in Discussion

Billybob - you have got hold of the wrong end of the stick - the price comparison is worked out over two years, you don't have to pay up front for two years !

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 41 in Discussion

We also do a different ADMC system which mmmmmm has said so much about - he says we are ripping people off!

If you want the full details for this system, please go to the web site http://www.satellitecyprus.com or, see our advertisement in the Cyprus Today (for latest costs and prices)

I received this (forwarded) email this morning from a colleague who knows someone who has indeed, purchased and installed the ADMC system from an Arab Nation, for themselves.

It's interesting................

Here is the details of what it cost me to put together the ADMC package, that you can send to Paul and he can use although I would appreciate anonymity but I am sure he realises that.

So, lets see, 170 GBP for the decoder and card, if you have enough air miles and a friend to stay with for free. About 30 GBP for taxis, if you don't have afriend to give you a lift, Got home and still needed to buy locally a

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 41 in Discussion

dish with stand 50TL (I know a guy), LNB 90TL ( I got quad, I think about 40TL for a single) 100Metres o good coax 50TL (I know a guy) and it wasn't that good quality. I installed it myself because I had a telecommuni​cations engineer who is a friend help me and a signal meter.

So up to now and not including the screwing about factor for hours to get the signal right and the dish installed (not well enough by the way and I have to fix that), it has cost me around 280 GBP and I did it with no support and no backup. I could have had the decoder shipped in to the South and picked it up myself which would have cost another 50 GBp for postage and pick up. And I might have to get a proper satellite installation guy to come around and sort it out for me another 20GBP roughly. All together the cheapest I could get is I suppose about 350 GBP and no support from a local company and also might have it taken from me at the

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 41 in Discussion

border although doubtful but you may have to pay an import cost which is more money. So in retrospect, for me it was cheap to do although dodgy because of the electrical certificate that I did not realise about and if I become a resident I should have declared it. If however if you are a resident and you want to be really dodgy then 350GBP might be worth taking a chance, whatever you can get

Regards,

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 41 in Discussion

Magicart

I WELL remember you were critical of me for pointing out the potential for problems with Dopi - it came to fruition

If/ When - you have probs with renewals on another system that isn't 'supposed' to be available in Cyprus - will you AGAIN - be admitting ' MM was right, but I don't care'......

Comparissons:

Let's deal with Abu Dhabi TV

Cost price of receiver 170 GBP - in an Arab State - includes a years subscription to Movies and Sports incl Prem League matches.. if you've HAD Shotime or Dopi - you already HAVE the dish pointing at the right satellite - now you MIGHT night a man to re- configure / remove a DiSEqC .. 10 minutes .. but most of you ex-Dopi / Showtime folk can simply plug in the box and watch..

Compare that with the 'discounted' price Washerman wants...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 41 in Discussion

Here's a price in the UK I found:

http://www.techdigital.co.uk/products/Abu-Dhabi-ADMC-Sports-Viewing-Card.html

I can assure folk that I have no association with this company ..

Here's another site: ( again no association)

http://www.3pmfooty.com/sales.htm

You can compare OSN prices ..

We are expats and can buy from anywhere we choose, Washerman - the product is EXACTLY the same

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 41 in Discussion

What 'value' are you adding when most folk can simply install it themselves...?

The signal is 'weak' as Dopi used smaller dishes than recommended for Nilesat - but they still worked most days for free channels - YES ?

You are frightening folk with talk of 'illegality' and 'electrical certification' ... I suppose everyone with SKY will be wondering when they'll get a knock at the door from a 'TRNC' ' official' demanding to see one - if they didn't buy an over-priced receiver from you... :D

magicart

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 11:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 41 in Discussion

mmmmmm,

Sorry if you thought I was critical concerning Dopi-I can't recall making any personal coments its just not my style!

Yes you were right and Dopi turned out to be a disaster and still is -so I paid the price.

I also think that people have to make up their own minds and yes your advice is valued and maybe I will eventually regret using Pauls company but its my choice.Am I right in saying that everyone receiving Sky is operating illegally?

Happy Xmas

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 41 in Discussion

Hi Magicart .

anyone using SKY, OSN, Abu Dhabi TV, etc. is using a system that is not licensed to be USED outside the area where the tv rights for that company are not allocated.

It is NOT illegal. You are breaking their terms and conditions - as set by those who supply the Sport / Movie rights - and they can't / shouldn't be knowingly supply you.

The term for companies facilitating supply is 'grey market pirates'..

Normally, the sat TV companies don't care, but they DO care if someone claims to be an 'official dealer' - these are EXACTLY the companies that they occasionally made an example of..

That's why you have to have a UK address / phone / contact details for SKY - it's the same ( but an Arab nation) for OSN/ Abu Dhabi TV..

Folks who have SKY can EASILY get UK contact details.. but how many of us have the same for an Arab country and what happens if the 'official dealer' who holds these details - falls out with / their contact is 'enforcibly' closed down'.. ?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 41 in Discussion

(cont)

Take Coldsat for example.. for some reason they couldn't / didn't bother to replace their clients kit to continue to watch OSN..

I had no space left to wish you the seasons greetings, too !

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 41 in Discussion

Washerman

would you agree that folks can pay ( say) SKY monthly ( packages from 20 / month and they'd get UK content - they can get receivers for b'all on ebay - some are better than others - and share dishes from 1.8m upwards and save money ?

OR they can subscribe to DigiTurk

OR Nova Cyprus

both accept monthly payments

After all the nonsense re companies taking one/ two years payment many expats are going to be VERY careful

If you have a neighbour(s) and can share a 4.2m dish ( c.2k divided by the number of neighbours) you'll get 100+ UK channels for NOTHING - if you get a 1.8m ( c.600 GBP) dish and share that and pay £20 month you'd get 40+ UK channels

There's lots of alternatives.

basheer

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 41 in Discussion

mmmmmm what system do recommend bear in mind we use the villa upto 6-7-8 months a yr

my daughter insists on eastenders and coronation st and emmadale

not being in cyprus 4 months a year the yearly contract works out expensive wish they would do a pay as you go as i have with netmaster

you can contact me off board

I have met iceman (mustafer?)regarding sky with the 1.8 dish if i were to bring my sky box with me and bring it back with me when i return to the UK,but the phone line needs to be connected otherwise they could cut the service after repeated reminders so i am alittle confused how others seem to have no problems re phone line thanks

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/12/2010 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 41 in Discussion

re 25 I will email you off board !

zerochlor

Message Posted:
21/12/2010 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 41 in Discussion

6ms, i did as you keep saying and tried to get this package for 170 GBP in my 1 month ban from the forum,i tried with no help from any1,to be honest i failed,yesterday i see you advertised new prices that i can buy the package for,289 GBP and also 349Euros,so i called the companies and asked if they can get there package out to me for christmas,mission impossible they said,not only was i upset that i cannot get the package you keep telling every 1 about,but now you have offerd me another 2 companies to waste my precious time with who cannot supply and who could not offer me a delivery date.

What did i do yesterday,i phoned washerman,your pal,and even though me and him never saw eye to eye in the past,he slotted me in last night,i left him my keys when i went to a beautiful house in the hills for a curry,and when i got home at 2am this morning,i had a wonderful TV satalite package installed in my lounge and bedroom,gulzhan was impressed that there was no mess,im more impressed . Cont,

zerochlor

Message Posted:
21/12/2010 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 41 in Discussion

cont,

i am totally amazed with the picture quality,id seen this system working in the barrel restaurant,in paradise bar,in the Fez,and many other places,but i had never really took any notice of the picture quality,as when i go out,it is the drink quality that is more interesting to me,not whats on the Box.

Anyway,i got to say this,i am 100% very happy with the instalation and also the package and the tidiness of the job,all drill holes filled with white filler,cables layed very neat and tidy,no mess left for us to clean up this morning,today i am a happy chappy with a super line up of great christmas movies to watch in full HD quality.

Cheers Paul,AKA washerman, me is impressed

bamboo

Message Posted:
21/12/2010 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 41 in Discussion

Great to hear the good comments ref Paul and Dan, we have had thier system since the premiership season started and not had one problem since!

Totally agree with all what zerochlor commented on. What the hell 6ms has against what they charge for the system i will never know, allbeit you maybe able to get it cheaper but i for one did not want to have all the hassle of connection problems, but mostly if we do have problems(which we have had none so far)we know they are only a phone call away.

Keep up the good work guys(oh and girl,Gwyn sorry)

Dont let em or him get you down!!!!!!

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
21/12/2010 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 41 in Discussion

I have also seen this sytem in the Barrel since it was installed on day 1, The quality is superb,I did not realise you could get picture quality like this in the TRNC .

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/12/2010 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 41 in Discussion

ZC et al.

The Abu Dhabi system isn't a fly-by night operation.. so WHY wouldn't you expect good quality - it's in HD ?

If you are happy to pay over the odds - to get it quick - at a busy time of the year - that is your prerogative

If / when you have a problem renewing - be it next year or the year after.. I hope you'll remember my words ... I've seen this SO many times...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/12/2010 14:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 41 in Discussion

Bamboo re 29

WHY would you have hassle with connection problems... ?

Other members listened to me, bought for a HECK of a lot less, and they plugged the receiver in - and it WORKS..

If you've had Dopi - it isn't 'rocket science'

Washerman

Message Posted:
21/12/2010 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 41 in Discussion

mmmmmm said - "If/ When - you have probs with renewals on another system that isn't 'supposed' to be available in Cyprus - will you AGAIN - be admitting ' MM was right, but I don't care'......"

For someone that doesn't care, you're going to a lot of trouble. Yet again, you are the only decenter on my thread about my business. Your hate campaign against me/us is gathering momentum.

Our business has been operating in Northern Cyprus for seven years. We have hundreds of satisfied British Expat clients. We have advertised in the Cyprus Today newspaper every week for more than 4 years. We pay our taxes. We are a legitimate trading company. I have been coming on this board for several years, and others before it, where I properly identify myself and our business and in this thread, I have set out a list of TV channels and costings and I have been completely open with the board members.

cont/...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 41 in Discussion

Washerman

Please don't quote me out of context..

I CARE - passionately - about folk getting the right product at the right price.. and THAT is why we are 'talking' on here...

I am a 'decenter' (sic) as you are overcharging and taking advantage of folk - 'jumping on the 'anti-pirate' bandwagon - and claiming 'officialdom' you can't and will never have.

You are an 'official company' in a 'twilight zone' and certainly NOT an official dealer for OSN or Abu Dhabi TV and you can make no guarantees of continuity.

Your prices have been falling - still FAR too high for something that only cost 170GBP from a Carrefour ( incl. a years sub) - but hopefully you're becoming more competitive..

IF you were open with the board members you'd admit you are a 'grey-market pirate' and have no official status with OSN or Abu Dhabi TV..

No woolly answers - tell it how it is, please.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 05:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 41 in Discussion

mark.

They are not pirate, they are just grey market.

Is BMW here pirate,or ford,or landrover.

You know well that lots of products here are more expensive than anywhere else,what is the price of a 4.2 meter dish here?

And what is the price of that same dish in the UK?

Washerman

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 07:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 41 in Discussion

The inference in your post, that we are dodgy in some way is unfair, unreasonable and uncalled for and I demand an apology.

mmmmmm said - "Cost price of receiver 170 GBP - in an Arab State - includes a years subscription to Movies and Sports incl Prem League matches.. if you've HAD Shotime or Dopi - you already HAVE the dish pointing at the right satellite - now you MIGHT night a man to re- configure / remove a DiSEqC .. 10 minutes .. but most of you ex-Dopi / Showtime folk can simply plug in the box and watch.."

I have already posted an email from someone that did what you suggested and the finished cost was £350 and this person has issues with his dish and needs an expert to come and line it up. Admits that you have to break the law to save relatively little and goes onto say that on reflection, he would have been probably better using our services. Yet you keep pushing this price of £170 - wholly unreasonable and misleading.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 07:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 41 in Discussion

Without warning or, notice suddenly, my posts are moderated and taking 12+ hours to appear, this makes it impossible for me to properly respond to the UNFAIR accusations that mmmmmm makes.

I am sorry, but I cannot continue with the thread that I started - to give members some honest information so, on this board, I will have to leave you with mmmmmm's opinion'

My opinion will be available later today elsewhere.

Washerman - signing off for the last time

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 09:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 41 in Discussion

Hi David,

re msg 35

>>They are not pirate, they are just grey market. <<

Truly that's how sat tv cos refer to companies refer to folk passing off as 'official dealers' outside the areas where they have the rights to sell... it applies to anyone pushing SKY / Nova Greece / OSN / Abu Dhabi TV.. they aren't authorised to supply the kit. Those claiming they ARE are the most likely ones to be hit..

>>what is the price of a 4.2 meter dish here? << Bad example !.. a 4.2m anywhere in CY is FAR cheaper than in the UK.. demand and supply ...

I get your point, but there is more expensive and RIP OFF .. What value is added from a from RETAIL price of 170GBP from Carrefour ?

Washerman.. you are just repeating the same 'ol nonsense.. folks that HAVE listened to me have saved a fortune and aren't posting here as you lambaste them and accuse them of breaking 'laws' ;)

bar88jack

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 41 in Discussion

message 37

" Washerman - signing off for the last time "

lets hope you are a man of your word .

zerochlor

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 41 in Discussion

6ms.

Again we all know everything here in TRNC is more expensive,no 1 is daubting that.

cars,some food,electronics,electrical equipment, so why should satalite equipent and packages be any diffrent.

If you really want to do something for us all,get us what we all want for a price that suits us all and you do not wish to make a profit on the goods!

6ms, if were both very honest,your problem is not the prices of equipment,to which i spent 1 month trying to buy for the prices 170 pound you quote,and found it impossible,also the english sites you put up,.also could not do really, you problem is with washerman offering a great system to the people here and of course making a little bit of profit.

Business is about profit,ask your brother.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 41 in Discussion

ZC ( Dave)

I didn't put up ANY websites.. I posted links..

There's profit and taking the P*ss.. Like I said if you were happy to pay over the odds..

You knew my email and others that did contact me paid COST price ( 170 GBP)

You should have paid more attention ;)

Merry Christmas

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.