North Cyprus Tourist Board - Satellite packages and US football
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Satellite packages and US football

Satellite packages and US football

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

Krin52

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

I know .... I'm coming out of the closet by admitting my passion for American Football/NFL.

I need help though..... I have Coldsat and with them I get just 2 games a week (Sunday night) via Showtime Sports. Can anyone tell me about other packages' coverage? Does Digiturk carry Orbit ESPN, do Fox Sports carry any games? Is there any other satellite provider I should know about?

Thanks in advance!

gardenmaker

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

fox sports do show nfl but not always at the time the guide says did manage to watch big games at the end of the season and of course the giants great win in the superbowl

newscoop

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Fox on digiturk 70 every sunday at 19:00 (NFL gameday) and 20:00 one of the 13:00 e.s.t kick offs

sportsstar

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Krin.

Hey Mate, if you want US Football go for the D-Smart Package, which has NASN on channel 79, with a small Dish. These boxes are Available from Meta Tv Sat Shop in Kyrenia, opposite the Seker Bank.

Sportsstar

ukturk

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

hi

sportsstar is right on the d-smart package it has got nasn, but i dont reconmend d-smart and ill tell you why firstly you will need to buy a d-smart box cos the card is not compatable with any other box and the box alone costs 320ytl not including dish and install, secondly soon the d-smart package will be a subscription package because they losing money big time

the system you have got is good and there is another package on the same satelitte without the need of another box or dish and this is called A.R.T this package has got u.s fox sports - espn - nasn - ten sports - and art prime sports which all carry u.s football aswell as many other channels just ask at the coldsat shop u want the art package

hope this helps

ukturk

Krin52

Message Posted:
08/09/2008 07:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Thank you all!

I was planning to head down to the Meta shop this morning but now I will first call Coldsat and suss that out.

UK Turk, Thank you so much, your advice is excellent - as always! And thankfully, easy for a novice to understand! Bless you

Krin52

Message Posted:
08/09/2008 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Well now, I'm being told that "The ART package is not in Showtime this year and its not possible to get it. It has different card and different company sells it this year."

Does anyone know 'which' other company might be selling the ART package?

Thanks again

ukturk

Message Posted:
08/09/2008 16:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

krin

you might be getting confused or the people telling you are wrong!!!

showtime and art are two diffrent packages, you cant buy one and get the other with it

yes it is two diffarent cards you either switch cards on your box or if you have to card slots then you can use that or there is another slot which holds a module which is a kind of adapter and a years full subsciption is around 1000ytl

there is another cheaper option like i have said to many people about buying the next ye2000 fta or cx which has a card slot at the moment i have got a new piece of software coming to me which will open this package but you have to have the next ye2000 sat box but im not sure how long it will be open for maybe 6 weeks 6 months if interested give me a post or email

regards

ukturk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.