North Cyprus Tourist Board - Satellite TV System
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Satellite TV System

Satellite TV System

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

thunder4

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

I have noted all the comments about Satellite Cyprus TV Systems and the owner Paul. I am not a friend of his nor have I any contact with his company apart from being a customer but all I can say is I have found both his system and his service exemplary. Up until we got the high winds recently every channel worked perfectly with no interference. After the high winds a couple of channels became shaky and I therefore phoned Paul to inform him. Someone came within 24 hours and first thing the following day Paul plus one other spent two hours on my roof dealing with a slightly bent dish. All this cost me was a cup of tea. Excellent quick service and response. I cannot speak highly enough of this company.

magicart

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Well said-I think its about time we got to hear more about good companies instead of this constant bickering.

I have nothing but praise for Paul and his company and wish him every success.

I'm not a friend of Pauls but just a contented happy customer who appreciates good service and practice.

I would not hestitate to recomend his company.

Art.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

Art, you said this about Dopi, too

I have no doubt that Washerman provides good service.

BUT

In all my years, I've not heard of 1m dishes NEEDING readjustment - mustn't have been installed right in the first place - unless it wa a faulty LNB.

Washerman is supplying a good product - he's just charging too much for it, and claiming an official status he doesn't / cannot have - he is relying on a third party to control subscriptions and that - as Coldsat found out - is not a good place to be.

thunder4

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Re mmmmmm post - was he here in northern cyprus when we had the extreme winds?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 17:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

thunder4 ...

I installed 3 and 4m+ dishes - if my installs didn't move didn't move after 8 years of wind in Cyprus.. why would a 1m ?

magicart

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

mmmmmm

Hello and Festive Greetings,

Yes you are right I did say this about Dopi and like many others have been badly let down-this doesn't mean to say that Pauls company will be the same as Dopi.

I think you are over playing your hand with your constant criticism of Pauls company.You may not being doing this intentionally and I'm sure you believe you are trying to give village idiots like me some sound advice which normally I would welcome .I do however feel that you are taking every opportunity to snipe at Paul and if you are not careful you will start to lose the respect that I and many others have for you and your expert opinion.

Think its far better for to allow Pauls customers to be the judge and jury-its their choice to do business with him-if he doesn't deliver they will soon let him know.

Sorry to sound a little bit assertive but I really think its about time you moved on from this subject.

Once again-Happy Xmas to you and your Family........Art

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Dear Art

I'm afraid that I'm obviously fighting a losing battle with my explanations !

The product Washerman is promoting is FINE... he adds NOTHING of value to folk who have had DOPI / Nilesat before..

My point is simply - that he is charging WAY more than the retail price

You can buy it a LOT cheaper

..and

most importantly - HE is not the 'man' in control of the subs - and nor are you ...

You didn't 'get it' re Dopi and I'm obviously not helping you 'get it' re having OSN / Abu Dhabi TV from someone claiming ' officialdom' - which is a very ( dangerous) for the clients and himself - thing to do .. one doesn't go around 'pulling the chain' of the legit suppliers of sat tv without coming under the spot light ...

TV cos KNOW that 'grey-market piracy' goes on.. and if it is on an individual level they don't bother.. but they DO go after companies that profiteer and claim to be official dealers...

I'm sure that is not a situation you wish..

magicart

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

mmmmmm

You have explained yourself and I fully understand your views.

The point I'm making is this-After careful consideration I decided to use Pauls company-He was very honest about the cost and the set up of his organisation.Based on this and taking into account your views and others on the matter I decided to go with Paul-IT WAS MY CHOICE AND I WAS TOLD THE EXACT COST SO I DON'T THINK I'M BEING RIPPED OFF.

I don't think you gain any mileage from your attempt to pursuade people not to do business with Paul.

Let the people decide who to do business with.

Its thier choice.

benoppy

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

can you please give pauls phone number he is obviously good we would like to go with a recomended guy

magicart

Message Posted:
22/12/2010 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

As follows.

0533 8694371

Happy viewing

macgiblet

Message Posted:
23/12/2010 09:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

Hello mmmmmm

You say that satcyprus is charging too much, so where can we get it for a reasonable price, we were with Coldsat for a few years but have lost of channels now, and NO real answers from them as to what is going to happen.

Please adivse on what you think is best

Have a good day

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
23/12/2010 12:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Hi MacGiblet

You can contact me off board - via my email - Washerman appears to threaten folk who buy it at cost price with the 'law' ... ;)

Hi Art,

You do know the expression about horses and water.... well I've 'led you to the water twice', now ... I can't help it if you need to learn the hard way ...TWICE... wait and see...

magicart

Message Posted:
23/12/2010 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

Hi MMMMMM,

Thanks for your concern.

There is another well known business saying/practice.

Never criticize the competition!!

Had my say now-its been an interesting debate.

Art

BusheyLad

Message Posted:
23/12/2010 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Hi MMMMMM

I want to contact you off board but can't view your emal address because I don't have a enough poats

can you oblige? Regards

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
23/12/2010 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

re msg 14

cy44@uktvabroad.com

re msg 13

Art

to BE a competitor you both have to be selling in the same market... *I* don't supply 'TRNC' ...

magicart

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 08:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

I am aware of this-but you do endorse other sat companies who are in competiton with Satcyprus .!!

As a general principle its very unproffessional to critizise the competition -if you contine to do this you will loose the support you have-You are beginnig to lose mine not because I don't believe what you say-its because of your obsessional attacks on Pauls business.I just think you should give it a rest and move on.

Art

macgiblet

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Thanks mmmmmm

We wil contact you after Christmas, hope you and your family have a good one.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 11:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

Dear Art

Again, you aren't correct' - I listed all companies that you could deal with direct in 'TRNC'

1/ DigiTurk

2 slightly harder - but possible - Nova Cyprus

Then I went on to point out the routes to providers that aren't officially supposed to be sold in 'TRNC'

example: SKY, Abu Dhabi TV, Nova Greece, OSN....

THEN I went on to demonstrate that a certain company is WAY overcharging for some of their non official solutions and how to get it cheaper - or cost price .

I went on to explain the possible pitfalls of dealing with the grey-market pirate cos..

I DO endorse Iceman - for installation of UK stuff... but as he isn't interested in doing small dish stuff, I HOPE you could see I'm neither promoting him, nor condoning a particular solution.

cont

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

As for Washerman,

1/ if he starts to sell the kit at a fairer price and

2/ stops warning folk who save money by going direct of dire legal consequences and

3/ admits the 'risks' involved with grey-market piracy ... a bit of honesty.. well then my 'obsession' will cease...

I'm on the case of any tv, telco firms or internet providers who aren't giving ex-pats a good deal.. or who aren't being completely honest..

Again.. folk said Namek was a 'nice family man' and I was being 'unfair'.. I knew what would happen.. and I know here, too ..

magicart

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

Hi mmmmm,

Thanks for this-don't you think that by constantly raising this issue and your over exposure that you run the risk of spoiling other peoples enjoyment -just because you have a thing about satellite companies. By raising the profile you are bringing this matter to the attention of those who wish to prevent satellite coverage in the TRNC and this includes Sky.By your own addmission you endorse Iceman so one could assume that you have your own agenda.I don't have a problem with this as long as your actions do not impact my life.

Why not start a campaign about the TRNC building industry/Driving Standards or Animal Cruelty.

We need a "peoples champion" and these issues are far more important than any TV company.

I'm sure you would make a great contribution!

Art

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.