North Cyprus Tourist Board - Best price for cat food....!!!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Best price for cat food....!!!!

Best price for cat food....!!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

bazilbrush

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 14:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Anyone know the best priced place for dried cat food, as it is so much more expensive than dog food for some reason.

Thanks

Tasgirl

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Who on earth would want to eat dried cat, it could I suppose become food for dogs....just a little off subject, however, did you know that household pets contribute more to global warming than our cars do?

mikelapta

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

I get from Perova garden centre in Alsancak.Cat and dog food.1 is 3.5tl/the other 5tl per kilo

batgirl

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

We buy the 20kg bags from Bells food shop for 66tl

works out at 3.3tl per kilo and the cats love it

mikelapta

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks Michelle,will get some tomorrow !!I know they are open

Mike

Pippie

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Since I'm no good with weights can I ask a daft question - does dried food work out any cheaper than tinned food? Or is dried food for the 'proper pets' living in luxury rather than the strays?!!

Although I wouldn't say she costs me a fortune, I wouldn't mind finding a cheaper way to feed the stray that adopted us a few months ago (and when she's in the house acts more like a pampered pooch!) - please anyone don't say 'just don't feed her'. Unfortunately, I couldn't be so cruel since there's no one else around who could feed her.

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

The cheap dried food is certanly not for cats living in luxury, it's rubbish stuff, but better than nothing for the strays..

batgirl

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 07:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

The dried food we give our cats is not rubbish,

they chose to eat it in preference to the tinned food that we gave them

it is from Italy and gives them a balanced diet with no teeth problems

AllyTT

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Batgirl - cats are carnivores, how much meat do you think there is actually in a catfood that comes to 3TL a kilo including transport from Italy? Just because they choose to eat it over canned food (which is also generally rubbish) doesn't mean it's good for them, just means it has a better flavoring added. Unfortunately real quality pet food isn't available out here, like Acana or Orijen or Taste of the Wild, so we should all accept that we are feeding our pets overpriced rubbish. Fortified cereals/grains with artificial flavoring at 3 lira a kilo..

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

You can get Science Diet on the South which is a good dried cat food, at just over 20 Euro's for a 2 kilo bag. Unfortunately they don't sell it this side. Iams, is also quite a good dried food, but unfortunately my cats don't like it. They wouldn't eat it in England and won't eat it here, so it's trip across to the South. Tinned food is just like us eating ready made cheap meals, full of additives, - ok sometimes, but not good for you everyday. Mine have Science Diet, Royal Canin (also good but expensive dried food), fresh fish, chicken, and some better quality tinned food sometimes. Unfortunately I cannot run to that diet for my 6 strays that I feed daily, and they have the cheap dried food and pasta cooked in a chicken stock, with other bits that are left over.

HildySmith

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

As stated Perova do dried food at

3tl for dogs per kilo (2.2lbs)

5tl for cats per kilo (2.2lbs)

Since being here I found that my dogs reluctantly eat dried food (always had dried food in the UK with no problems) so I started buying tinned food and added a small amount to the dried food and they love it.

I did the same with a feral cat who looked in bad condition - he is now well and I am reducing the tinned food and increasing the dried food to get him back onto dried food which is cheaper.

Animals will get used to what you feed them - if they are hungry they will eat and they do not need expensive foods. Mix your own foods with the dried foods if you are not happy about the levels of nutition.

AllyTT

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Stellastar - Hill's Science Diet and Royal Canin are better to some extent but still 'overpriced rubbish' when you actually look at the ingredients. Our pets aren't meant to eat corn, rice (mostly low quality brewers rice) and other cheap fillers used in a majority of pet foods. Even Science Diet Nature's Best series lists maize as it's first ingredient and that is their higher quality range of food. As there are no grain free alternatives available here there isn much choice but to supplement with real meat..

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.